Just made my last car payment.

Rob1647545496

Congrats!

I paid off the car a few years ago, then a turbo took a shit and I decided to sell it instead of dump money into it I was trying to save for other stuff. A little more than a year later paid of the student loans. End of last year I made it to 6 months of expenses saved up. I kept saving that same amount so I have a few grand sitting there to do whatever with. At the same time we started saving up for a house and are about 1/3 of the way to the down payment we want on the price range of house we will be looking at.

The car felt good, but it was just a big step to debt free. Being 100% debt free was the only one that felt momentous so far. I still owe myself a $200 bottle of rum and a nice cigar to celebrate that one.

I'd say keep the car and just save for the down payment. What I did made sense in my case, but if the car I had were newer with less miles and the turbo didn't die i would have kept it.

Just paid off the rig last week (took me 11 months), Took it to Black mountain hauling 4 ATV's, the title was in the mail when I got back. woo woo. Now back to saving money.

PS I'll be selling my LTZ400 and my Jetski (GP1200) later this year to make room for another toy. If you are interested PM me.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/BertoBizkit/Black%20Mountain%202008/DSC04119.jpg

Rob move out of your parents.

as soon as i find a house i like i already have all the furniture and most of the appliances i'll need.

I can't even imagine getting the title to my car anytime soon. I've still got another 41/2 years. Congrats man. Did you make alot of double payments or what?

no, i bought it when i was 20 so all single payments.

Like I said man. you worked this hard for so long to pay it off, it would all be a wash if you sell it. keep it and enjoy not having to pay for it..

yea and i would deffinitely miss it but i know now is the time to sell and it will give the 20% down payment ill need for my house. i don't want a huge house payment and not be able to go do anything.

The car felt good, but it was just a big step to debt free. Being 100% debt free was the only one that felt momentous so far. I still owe myself a $200 bottle of rum and a nice cigar to celebrate that one.

yea debt free is nice i know to many people stressing about so many things and it feels nice to have all my school fees paid off no car payment and nothing on my credit card at all.

Time for you to make the C6 your DD and go and get a C6Z for your weekend warrior. :D

LOL that would be nice. oh i found a house and thought it would be perfect for you i went to look at it but it already sold :( 1700 s/f pole barn has heat A/C and a full bathroom.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5071-Ebright-Rd-Canal-Winchester-OH-43110/34038661_zpid/

• 3 weeks later...