New guy from Gahanna checking in

ESchmitz

Why in the world would you swap an 8V in? How could you decide that the screaming 16V doesn't cut it lol? That would probably fix your straight line grunt issue!

Welcome, nice rides. I love the GTI, looks really clean for that era.

Why in the world would you swap an 8V in? How could you decide that the screaming 16V doesn't cut it lol? That would probably fix your straight line grunt issue!

not all came with the 16 valve.

Welcome, nice cars. Rumor has it I have a fetish for VW's. If I see you tooling around Gahanna I may do dirty things to your car. ABA should move that thing around pretty good.

87 was first year for 16V in GTI here. Not that I would know that or anything.:D

you live in hunters ridge?

Close, but no. Rathburn woods.

The previous owner swapped the 8v in the late 90's when 16v engines were not available because their host GTI or GLI wasn't rusted out in the junkyard yet lol. And yes, my car came stock with the 1.8 8v.

Thanks for the warm welcome all, and feel free to call me a Euro snob or Nazi or whatever else floats your boat:D. Doesn't bother me.

Erik

Close, but no. Rathburn woods.

The previous owner swapped the 8v in the late 90's when 16v engines were not available because their host GTI or GLI wasn't rusted out in the junkyard yet lol. And yes, my car came stock with the 1.8 8v.

Thanks for the warm welcome all, and feel free to call me a Euro snob or Nazi or whatever else floats your boat:D. Doesn't bother me.

Erik

eh, its the same neighborhood. is there another car at your house that has tags like "dirte30" or something like that?

nm...i remember where i saw that car...you live up by my buddy who died a couple years ago's moms house. shes right on rice, like 2 houses from howland...i was thinking of a house down on harmony with a couple e30's

Welcome, nice cars. Rumor has it I have a fetish for VW's. If I see you tooling around Gahanna I may do dirty things to your car. ABA should move that thing around pretty good.

87 was first year for 16V in GTI here. Not that I would know that or anything.:D

You should buy my VR6 then :)

And welcome guy. Pretty good intro