Help Me Decide: GT-R vs. Z06

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a few under $100k. I'd buy one of those before a GTR even if they cost a few bucks more.

$90k Here

http://view.admission.net/abc/carsads/_CARSADS_a3c0d80d22811b1c05f117f872b62f0f/i-1.JPG?t=tr/m:FitPad/d:Shrink/w:400/h:300/b:DDDDDD

http://view.admission.net/abc/carsads/_CARSADS_a3c0d80d22811b1c05f117f872b62f0f/i-8.JPG?t=tr/m:FitPad/d:Shrink/w:400/h:300/b:DDDDDD

I've seen a few under $100k. I'd buy one of those before a GTR even if they cost a few bucks more.

$90k Here

http://view.admission.net/abc/carsads/_CARSADS_a3c0d80d22811b1c05f117f872b62f0f/i-1.JPG?t=tr/m:FitPad/d:Shrink/w:400/h:300/b:DDDDDD

http://view.admission.net/abc/carsads/_CARSADS_a3c0d80d22811b1c05f117f872b62f0f/i-8.JPG?t=tr/m:FitPad/d:Shrink/w:400/h:300/b:DDDDDD

agreed

True, but it does deliver in many ways. Performance can be more easily fixed than Ugly. That alone puts it a notch above the GTR in my book.

True, but I'm not looking to modify this car that much, if at all. Agreed completely that the R8 is a more aesthetically pleasing car than the GT-R, so from that sense it's a better starting platform. However, for me, it costs too much and underperforms.

I've noticed that none of these kinds of conversations are coming up about the Z06. No one is saying they underperform and no one is saying it's ugly. This kind of goes back to what you said a few pages ago - it's so easy to make a Z06 look sexy, whereas it's a bit more difficult to do the same thing with a GT-R (that can so easily start looking ricey).

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_83ZxrZSbdWo/TRAxh4H31-I/AAAAAAAAARY/S7YQf6bKtLs/s1600/CorvetteZ06_360Forged.jpg

ANY QUESTIONS?

Does it come in white?

Seriously, I think that, if I go with a Z06, I'm going with white. Of course, that preference probably just cost me about $20k, at least. :lol:

You can't say anything bad about a Z06 that's why I was asking why you're wading around here waiting for someone to talk you out of it.. won't happen. Dollar-per-awesome it tears apart anything the Audi kids or anybody else could ever post in here.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5LTF7SiKCbM/TG2hyjFlqlI/AAAAAAAAAI0/vEGmQs8zB2U/s1600/2011_corvette.jpg

There is your white option rather sext if you ask me, as brian said the zo6 is one of the best looking cars on the market for the price and is an all around awesome car hell I just got a c5 6 speed and its a great car when im done with school i will be moving up to a c6z of some sort.

All the responses on here were typical all the ricers drooled over the mention of a GT-R give or a take a few people who honestly like the car, I think most of them just wanted to say "this guy i know on this car fourm im on has a GT-R". Tilley you and I both know as well as any other educated person the C6Z is a better all around car in every department excpet the unreliable department

or wait for this, it will be limited production

http://www.topgear.com/uk/assets/cms/10e75f01-34db-4477-9366-6b5ade1afc59/Large%20Image.jpg?p=101001_05:00

You buy this and Jones will wear a school girl uniform in public for you.

All the responses on here were typical all the ricers drooled over the mention of a GT-R give or a take a few people who honestly like the car, I think most of them just wanted to say "this guy i know on this car fourm im on has a GT-R". Tilley you and I both know as well as any other educated person the C6Z is a better all around car in every department excpet the unreliable department

No rice here man, GT-R is just a bad car. All Krautwagens in my driveway. Wifey parks the Mazda on the street...

Does it come in white?

Seriously, I think that, if I go with a Z06, I'm going with white. Of course, that preference probably just cost me about $20k, at least. :lol:

WHEN not if, you buy the Z06 in white, please dress to impress:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn156/mpivonka/Bobby20Light1.jpg

You can't say anything bad about a Z06 that's why I was asking why you're wading around here waiting for someone to talk you out of it.. won't happen. Dollar-per-awesome it tears apart anything the Audi kids or anybody else could ever post in here.

I'll say something bad about it -- it overperforms.

You can't push a C6 to anything close to its limits on the streets without being a completely dangerous asshole. A C6Z is the very definition of "fast car slow." And I don't understand spending 65 grand to not utilize a car's performance.

That's why I'd vote for a true luxury nameplate. R8, Lambo, Maserati... those stand out in a crowd. Most people can't tell a Z06 from a regular corvette.

Either that, or get an Elise for weekend trips to mid-Ohio and a 335i for driving to work.

Having owned both cars, they are very different.

I felt the GTR was much more 'comfortable' as a daily driver. It has a great bluetooth interface, the backseats were a nice plus at times, my wife could drive it, and it was flat out so easy to drive at either 90% or 10%. The GTR is obviously light years ahead in terms of technology and quality/fitment, but will be more expensive to maintain over the long haul. Don't believe the internet on prices, they are way overblown.

I felt the Z06 was 'exhausting' at times. Yea, I'm sure it had to do with my cam, headers, no cats, etc. But I always felt I was driving a modern muscle car.

As a 'do everything well' car, GTR is a much better car. I probably enjoyed the Z06 at times more on the weekends (when I was in the mood to drive it), and the GTR on the weekdays/street racing.

The attention though that the GTR creates was annoying. The Z06 never got a second look.

$70k for a 24k mile GTR is crazy. An 09 is $60k all day long with under 10k miles. A ZO6 is obviously cheaper. But resale will take a bit hit when the new platform comes out. I also don't think an 06 Z will hold up over time as well as a GTR (ie annoying rattles, wear on interior/exterior, etc.)

Your comment about size is a common one - but when you drive them, you'll actually feel the exact opposite. The GTR feels much smaller and tighter. The ZO6 feels heavier, slower to respond, and much bigger.

You really have to drive them for at least 30 min around town and on the highway. You can't go wrong with either. Personally, if I were in your shoes, if you were absolutely 100% not going to mod either, I'd probably get the Z06 mostly for the reason that's it's a bit faster from a roll, will do burn-outs all day long, and can be a fun weekend car. If you were open to a stage 2 Switzer (about 5k) it will runs circles around a stock ZO6 (mid/high 10's at 132ish) and you'll never know it modded (unlike a Z06 which starts to create compromises when modded). You could drive a lightly modded GTR for a long time and it will never hiccup. And if you change your mind and want to start modding it down the road, you have the platform to build the fastest street car in Cbus.

But it really comes down to personal opinion and taste. Good luck!