Help Me Decide: GT-R vs. Z06

Dr. Pomade

But at the end of the day it's still a GM.

And at the end of the day, the GT-R is just a Nissan.

I would go with the Z06. Used one can be had for a lot less than a used GT-R, cheaper to mod/maintain/repair, far larger aftermarket on the Z06, probably cheaper to insure the Z06. I personally think the Z06 looks better as well.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And at the end of the day, the GT-R is just a Nissan.

I would go with the Z06. Used one can be had for a lot less than a used GT-R, cheaper to mod/maintain/repair, far larger aftermarket on the Z06, probably cheaper to insure the Z06. I personally think the Z06 looks better as well.

Quoted for truth

Cadillac CTS-V Coupe?

I'm sorry, when did he become middle aged and start losing his hair?

:D

The Z06 CARBON is $98k, but you can add the carbon fiber aero kit to any trim Vette.

Are you talking about aftermarket or is this for 2012MY?

You say the vette is cheaper to mod but you can do lil stuff to the GT-R and gain power as-well.

My vote is the GT-R IF you keep it between these two. Im liking the CTS-V ALOT!!

GT-R!!! Sexy not as- many people have therm as compared to vettes, and it's a whole different ball park of a car. Do something diff and get a GT-R :)

I'm down in Naples right now, and I had the chance to rag out a black 2008 C6 Z06 last night. A good friend owns it and is looking to get rid of it in the next couple of months. :)

I have not driven a GT-R, but I am a huge manual transmission fan so my money would go towards the Z06. In addition, the drive is phenominal. He had it set to "Competition mode", and I came out of a parking lot onto a "dirty" back road...sideways pegging the gas pedal...dump it into 2nd still sideways...dump it into 3rd. I was screaming. It was incredible. Before I could think about what I was doing, I was over 85mph.

The GT-R is an incredible car for sure (from what I've heard) and while I haven't read any other posts in your thread I would go Z06 hands down. For me you asked a time-appropriate question after the wonderful test drive I experienced last night. :)

I'm down in Naples right now, and I had the chance to rag out a black 2008 C6 Z06 last night. A good friend owns it and is looking to get rid of it in the next couple of months. :)

I have not driven a GT-R, but I am a huge manual transmission fan so my money would go towards the Z06. In addition, the drive is phenominal. He had it set to "Competition mode", and I came out of a parking lot onto a "dirty" back road...sideways pegging the gas pedal...dump it into 2nd still sideways...dump it into 3rd. I was screaming. It was incredible. Before I could think about what I was doing, I was over 85mph.

The GT-R is an incredible car for sure (from what I've heard) and while I haven't read any other posts in your thread I would go Z06 hands down. For me you asked a time-appropriate question after the wonderful test drive I experienced last night. :)

same guy that had the yellow C5? I think he was from Korea? I can't remember his name.

Everyone has different opinion and style,,There's always going to be a never ending debate on which ones better etc, and a lot of the times, people don't have first-hand experience and just read the specs from online.

It's going to be your car, your money, and you are going to drive it. So just go test drive them both and see if you like it or not.

Personally, I like them both. Ive driven both in stock/ modified forms. older gen and newer gen./ on a street, and once at a proving ground track.

You can't go wrong with Forced induction AWD. It is fast, handles amazing, and safe. You have to look at it as a GTR, not an ordinary Nissan.

but with GTR, you will feel every single dust on the road even with stock suspension. I'm not saying it's uncomfortable, but it feels pretty stiff.

Vette, there's not much bad things and they are fast, still handles pretty good, but there are 1000 other people with same car.

Both cars have pros/cons and it's a hard decision, that's why you just gotta go drive them

I'm sorry, when did he become middle aged and start losing his hair?

:D

Are you talking about aftermarket or is this for 2012MY?

Looks like it started as 2011MY option for any the Z06 Vette. This is a factory option (code CFZ), not aftermarket.

http://www.c6registry.com/Facts/2011Pricing.htm

I thought it was available on any trim level, but apparently I was wrong.

Ask yourself:

You say it'll be almost a daily. Which is more practical?

You mentioned previously owning a vette. Are you a person who revels in the partaking of a new experience or do you like the tried and true?

As far as modding goes, (and this is more for some of the other posters), he's already mentioned it would be only lightly modded at best. Either car reacts positively to basic mods and can still remain reliable.

Here's a little test I worked out as a small child to help me figure out which Hot Wheel was truly my favorite. I noticed when I raced them fairly and say, Car B would win, I may find a fault in the race somehow and want to rerace them again. Or, say Car A won and I was more willing to accept it immediately with happiness. In both cases, it was obvious which car I had favored and I am generally intensely "fair and balanced". (Wow, someone really screwed up the sound of that phrase, nowadays. :D)

To finish up my long-winded ramblings and sum up my lonely childhood story, figure a hypothetical situation were both cars were presented to you or possibly a situation that would force you to choose a car. Hell, watch some races between the two that you do not know the outcome of, and see if you silently root for one over the other. Go with your gut, dammit, is what I'm saying. Quite often, when you need advice, you generally already know what you need and/or want to do. ;)