Best roads/places to ride around cbus area??

Bkizz

I'm getting bored with the same old roads and scenery. I live over in Hilliard off I-70 and Hilliard Rome. The great thing about this area is I am literally a minute away from BFE but all I see in every direction is flat, straight roads...yea, I know that's Ohio. I'm looking for a few twisties and some better views that I can take advantage of as the weather gets warmer. All I hear from everyone is "hocking hills" but what roads are really good to ride? I've lived on the west side my entire life and almost everything east of 23 is pretty foreign to me. (as far as back roads go) I am ready to explore so point me in a direction that's not the ghetto. :)

Hocking is a real hike its fun if you have all day to get somewhere and ride, coshocton is fun should only take about an hour to get there from your side of town. If you just want a quick fun ride, head out around hoover or alum, you could also make a loop around 33 and 315. I guess it all depends on how much time you want to spend getting to a good place to ride.

Coshocton and Hocking are your best bet; they're both about an hour ride from the city.

Once I get my bike back to campus I'll be heading to Hocking frequently, so lemmie know if you wanna check it out sometime.

come to coshocton!!!!

Will that topless chick be there if I go?

I don't care if it takes a little while to get there but Hocking hills is a pretty good hike.

Harb67, if you are cruising out there, let me know. I may have to check it out first though. When are you getting your bike back?

Edited by Bkizz

Hocking is a real hike its fun if you have all day to get somewhere and ride, coshocton is fun should only take about an hour to get there from your side of town.

Coshocton is more than an hour from the west side of Columbus. Its probably just as far as HH. Just explore east of 23 outside of 270. The ghetto-ish areas are all inside for the most part. Just get out of the city to the south east. The farther you go that way, the better the roads get.

There are some pretty good roads just east of 23 between columbus and circleville.

Harb67, if you are cruising out there, let me know. I may have to check it out first though. When are you getting your bike back?

Saturday, but I'll be back home all next week for spring break. Weather providing, I'll likely be taking a day trip down to Hocking the first weekend of April. Unless there's an O-R group ride going on somewhere of course...those are fun as hell :D

And not all parts of Hocking are all that far away. I usually take 33 to Logan and then head south from there along various roads I'm familiar with. I know there is even better riding further east and northeast of Nelsonville and around Marietta, but I really enjoy the area south of Logan and Nelsonville. It's maybe an hour ride from Columbus tops to get there; not bad at all really :)

try 245 outta marysville and follow it till it stops at rt29. turn around and do it again. its not deals gap, or hocking hills, but its ok. thats the route i do alot. some scenery, turns, and a castle. haha. its country roads, so there are some spots with debris so u gotta pay attention. im not into draggin knees, there are some nice tight turns, but its a decent road to cruise.

go to a place called mills rd up around rt. 42 in delaware...mild thrills, and sometimes clean road, definitely do a dry run first.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=mills%20rd%20Ohio&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

go up dublin rd or riverside dr like i said not much but it's close to home and has some twisties

Its about an hour from hillard to route 79N, where all the fun starts. Once you get into Nelle, which is where 79 N. dead ends, you can hook up with those crazy sheep fuckers and they can show you around.

tru story!! like i said i got nothing to do for the next month, im always free any day

tru story!! like i said i got nothing to do for the next month, im always free any day

I'll have to hit ya up here in early April sometime; I've only been to Coshocton once or twice and really don't know the roads, but it's an area I really wanna get familiar with and ride more often

Will that topless chick be there if I go?

yeah she'll be here!

I just spit Red Bull.

did it get on the computer? were not gonna have another system melt down are we???

Its about an hour from hillard to route 79N, where all the fun starts. Once you get into Nelle, which is where 79 N. dead ends, you can hook up with those crazy sheep fuckers and they can show you around.

haha i can show u some interresting roads that ppl dont take often! i remember coming up to 79 one time and seeing 21 bikes sitting there and me going well this will be interesting! haha

I'll have to hit ya up here in early April sometime; I've only been to Coshocton once or twice and really don't know the roads, but it's an area I really wanna get familiar with and ride more often

yeah we ahve the best roads and the best burgers!

go to a place called mills rd up around rt. 42 in delaware...mild thrills, and sometimes clean road, definitely do a dry run first.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=mills%20rd%20Ohio&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

go up dublin rd or riverside dr like i said not much but it's close to home and has some twisties

Riverside dr is fun if your into breaking the law and passing cars when your now supposed to, and in the wrong lane... Which I am. All I'm saying is that there is to much traffic. Do it at night, at like 2am, just watch for cops.

I'm getting bored with the same old roads and scenery. I live over in Hilliard off I-70 and Hilliard Rome. The great thing about this area is I am literally a minute away from BFE but all I see in every direction is flat, straight roads...yea, I know that's Ohio. I'm looking for a few twisties and some better views that I can take advantage of as the weather gets warmer. All I hear from everyone is "hocking hills" but what roads are really good to ride? I've lived on the west side my entire life and almost everything east of 23 is pretty foreign to me. (as far as back roads go) I am ready to explore so point me in a direction that's not the ghetto. :)

try this.....http://www.motorcycleroads.com/routes/MidWest/OH/OH_index.htm

I've lived on the west side my entire life and almost everything east of 23 is pretty foreign to me. (as far as back roads go) I am ready to explore so point me in a direction that's not the ghetto. :)

Shoot me a PM or email. I live in Hilliard area, maybe we can ride sometime. I've only lived here for 9years, if you've lived here all your life I'd think you know more of the immediate roads then I do but maybe not. Plus it really depends on how far you're looking to ride, immediate vicinity or hour or more out. Big difference.