RC-51 almost done

aradamro

RC-51 almost finished being put back together. Lowsided on rt60 last year added some things. Found a complete set of plastics out of California. Had Mark at carbonwerks make me carbon mirror block offs, fender and clutch cover. Pazzos and Driven grips from Motomummy. #1 Hayden decals in red instead of the pink. Took my hand at powdercoating and did the Moriwaki rearsets, sprocket and fairing stay. Put Puig smoked windscreen on, still need to order stomp grip. Heat wrapped the pipes and in the process of putting the old school Sato Racing emblem back on the cans (as seen in the picture by the superflous amount of zip ties.) Looking for some type of turnsignals that look good, probably go with protons but $100 is a lot for turn signals. In need of another bar end and a very good cleaning, will get on that ASAP!

Other stuff already on the bike

-520 conversion

-Sato pipes

-Hyperpro dampner

-PCIII

-Goodridge brake lines front/rear

-Moriwaki rearsets

-Dussault Undertail

100_2779.jpg

100_2781.jpg

100_2784.jpg

100_2785.jpg

100_2787.jpg

100_2789.jpg

100_2790.jpg

100_2791.jpg

Edited by aradamro
edit

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I'm still missing that elusive RC. We have to go riding.

Definitely, I can't wait to get out, I walk the stage for the second time this Saturday and then have about a month till boards so hopefully time will be on my side.

Oh sweet mother of Mary another RC owner and a SP-1 to boot! I'd love to ride with another twin sometime, as I've only gotten to ride with a husband and wife on his and her's 1098's down 800....the RC-51 with its fat kid loves cake weight and outdated technology still kept up :grin:

i was THIS close to buying an 03 RC51 (had my deposit in his mailbox) and the guy sold it out from under me to another guys from michigan or something for a couple hundred bucks more. ok, it was like 600 more, but dammit!

oh well, everything turned out ok in the end.

i was THIS close to buying an 03 RC51 (had my deposit in his mailbox) and the guy sold it out from under me to another guys from michigan or something for a couple hundred bucks more. ok, it was like 600 more, but dammit!

oh well, everything turned out ok in the end.

It wasn't a guy from Barberton was it? When I bought that R6 a couple weeks ago, the guy also had a mint 2003 RC-51 in the garage. He said he got it two years ago from a dealership in Columbus that had just opened up. He said Honda stipulated that they had to buy some older bikes too and his RC was still in the crate. He said he actually pulled the crate apart and there was a mint 03 RC-51 back in 2006 with 0 miles. It had 1,000 miles on it when I saw it and he apparently sold it a couple days after I bought the R6 for around $6,000. It was unbelievable seeing something that clean.

it was a guy in mayfield.

it only had like 1500 miles on it or something ridiculous like that. the bike had been sitting for over a year, so it needed some minor maintenance done but it was pretty much mint.