RC-51 almost done

aradamro

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ripe for a "That's what she said", your mom/wife/girlfriend joke, or gay joke. kawi, you disappoint.

I have something interesting we can discuss. Preface this with - I love the RC and want one badly and maybe it's just me, but does anyone else think this is a prime example of a "butterface" in the Honda lineup?

:postcop:

BEWARE you are treading on thin ice. ;)

I would have to agree that the nose isn't the best looking and it weighs like a 1/4 ton other than that i love my RC.

Here, JRMiii. Here is me inspiring the next generation of twin pilots and my RC hotness in the garage post-op last year.

picture.php?albumid=114&pictureid=1283&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=114&pictureid=1284&thumb=1

And while I would agree that she needs a bit of a diet and some rhinoplasty, the entire neighborhood knows I am coming home when I hit Center Ridge and 83, and the all line the streets to see me pull it in the garage. :D

Thanks for saving the thread, I almost sent it downhill again. Last night I met a pretty cool guy out of canton that had some bikes for sale. I looked at a 04 zx10 and a 06 gsxr 600. I thought about street fightering out the zx10 as it was already 3/4 of the way there. I have a soft spot for the nekkidness haha. The gsxr 600 needed a new engine which he was selling with the bike and he had his race bike to be (another gsxr600) which he was willing to negotiate all the fairings and lights into the deal. I just couldn't pull the trigger on either bike. He was a nice enough guy and seemed very open and honest, I just get bad feelings about former stunt bikes. He also had some other bikes he was willing to sell, a 06 1000rr... looked awesome and a 05 1000gsxr(he wanted to keep this one but was willing to sell it for the right price.) I couldn't believe he had this many bikes and was married. He has had every bike including a RC51 as evidenced by the two tanks he had hanging on his garage wall. Haha, he said they were kind of heavy in the turns on the track and not quite his liking.....I furrowed a brow and said "I own a 2000 Honda RC-51 how dare you!" Haha not really but I told him I loved mine.

Also, if anyone hears of any good deals within Ohio or the neighboring states please let me know. I really think I'd like to try and pick up a 06 R6 preferrably with a clean title but we'll see if that's possible with the cash I have to spend. Reuben has one at 35motorsports but it' not currently running because of a neutral problem that he is working on fixing. Also, I wouldn't be opposed to any other ridiculous good deals on bikes....divorcee's needing to sell or recent job lossees who need to liquidate assets.

• 2 weeks later...
Good looking RC aradmaro, I really like the powdercoateding. Did you do them yourself or a local shop?

Sorry about the delayed response, yes I did the powdercoating myself. My buddy has a shop where he does powdercoating and he let me take my hand at it. It was super easy and can be done by anyone with an oven for curing and a powdercoat gun. Also, the guns that don't require an air compressor actually work pretty good and can be picked up for relatively cheap. A blasting cabinet is nice to have too, but not absolutely necessary before powdercoating, just make sure the parts are as clean as you can get them and free of any oils or residue.

Also, I ended up picking up another bike. It's exactly like the silver and black 03 R6 that I just got rid of, but this one has a two bros carbon exhaust, flush mount turn signals, rear fender eliminator kit, brand new tires and is absolutely mint with zero scratches. I have the rearsets, passenger pegs, levers and rear sprocket off already and I'm going to powdercoat them black this week. I'll post up pictures once the PC'ing is done.

• 2 months later...
RC,

Pics arent working, but I wanna know!

I love the CF front fender in the 1st set of pics, an the Pazzo levers are a winter investment along with the 520 and gearing.... Then I think shes done. No black plastics, then shes done.

What is it about CF front fenders that makes RC owners go: "OOOOHHHH! I'm thinking of scooping one up myself.

MadCat: If you're going to do black plastics, I have a spare RH fairing that's in great shape that I'm looking to sell if you wanna start collecting parts now.

Didn't mean to threadjack... Now back to your regularly-scheduled programming.:D

What is it about CF front fenders that makes RC owners go: "OOOOHHHH! I'm thinking of scooping one up myself.

MadCat: If you're going to do black plastics, I have a spare RH fairing that's in great shape that I'm looking to sell if you wanna start collecting parts now.

Didn't mean to threadjack... Now back to your regularly-scheduled programming.:D

you shush your dirty whore mouth

Kruel,

Not to be a d!ck, but basically the paint job you have is what I was going to do to mine. The DSG is the color of my truck, car, and basically anything I own and drive lol. But I wouldn't ever go off and be that guy to get a similar paint job so I might have to PM ya about that plastic.

Thanks for the heads up. By the way Im the guy you rode with the day we saw that girl ride into the post fence after Dyno meet in the spring. I had the Black Honda Superhawk. Upgraded since then lol.