carburator question

mugen

i am installing a carb on a 383 stroker and wanted to get some feedback on carbs for the engine i was looking at some edlebrock 750cfm carbs, and some holley 750's.

this is my first engine build with a carb so guidence and ideas are appreicated

I am running a Holley dual inlet 750 on my 383 with good results. Slightly larger jets and different power valves, along with a quicker cam (carb cam, not engine :) ).

medium-large cam, heads, higher compression and an auto w/ 3500 converter.

For me personally I have had bad luck with Holley carbs, and no experience with Edelbrocks. I run a Rochester Quadrajet. Again depending on your build specs what you choose can very. Look into a Q-jet though very good carbs in my opinion.

build will be for street looking for over 400hp and over 400tq

the engine was not built by me so i am not sure of all the internal components

from what i understand it is the sbc 350 with a 400 crank ie... 383 stroker

i am not sure on the head and the cam, i am guessing they are stock.

hope this helps and thanks for the suggestion.

i had been looking into the edelbrock on ebay for around 60 or 70 bucks for the 750cfm (used but functional) so i guess i would like to stay in the under 150 dollar area for a used carb.

thanks

If someone Built a 383 it would Probably not have a stock cam in it...I have always had good luck with Edelbrock carbs, but there more of a street carb. Where as Holley is more of a Race Carb. you should Really know what your motor is to Decide on the Carb thats right. but you could probably just run an edelbrock and never have an issue.