Well Performing Daily Driver Tire

Bigbird

I know everyone says to call Derek about tires, so I do plan on it. I just want some ideas of what to order when I actually call him here in a couple weeks. I want something that performs well all around, but I'm not quite sold on giving up summer tires for all-seasons. I've also only kept a car long enough to need new tires once, and I got Eagle F1 GS D3's. I loved these tires, but they don't seem to be in production any more. So what do you all suggest?

Also, these will be going on my '09 WRX.

By "daily driver tire" I'm assuming all season was implied.

GS D3's while simply awesome, (when they aren't vibrating and be the general piece of shit that most goodyear tires are) are summer only.

For year around, I'd cast my vote for Conti Extreme DWS's.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact+DWS&

TIM, thanks for looking into it for me. Closest to my size they have is like $280 a tire...that's a ton more than I paid back in '07 for them.

And Jones, I meant that I'm not opposed to buying all-seasons, but will buy a good all-around summer tire first if available. I can always pick up some steelies and winter tires when the white death comes...if need be.

A note about the GS D3's as well.

They reason they may not show for your car is load range.

I noticed they stopped making alot of them in XL/ 95+ which negates me from using them as well.

Same as the Star Spec's not available in a size / load combination for my heavy ass sedans.

Those Conti's don't look half bad, actually. I'll keep note of them.

And no, I'd really like to get some MEATS for the winter. That is if I end up getting summer tires over all-seasons.

You seriously can't beat dedicated winter/summers. One of the best things you can do for your car. I always carry a dedicated set of summer/ winter wheels/tires for every vehicle.

Well worth the investment.

:fuckyeah:

I have a few friends running those Conti's who are VERY VERY happy with them though.

Conti's used to have a lot of sidewall issues but haven't heard too much lately.

NOT ALL SEASON JINGLEBERRY

:dumb::dumb::dumb::dumb::dumb::dumb::dumb::dumb:

And Jones, I meant that I'm not opposed to buying all-seasons, but will buy a good all-around summer tire first if available. I can always pick up some steelies and winter tires when the white death comes...if need be.

By "daily driver tire" I'm assuming all season was implied.

GS D3's while simply awesome, (when they aren't vibrating and be the general piece of shit that most goodyear tires are) are summer only.

For year around, I'd cast my vote for Conti Extreme DWS's.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact+DWS&

Well we agree on that, I've never come across Goodyears I'd want to pay for. They are either shitty or too expensive compared to other tires. I've heard great things about Contis, love my Toyos (but don't know if they offer you much), and I've had great experiences with Michelin.

Well we agree on that, I've never come across Goodyears I'd want to pay for. They are either shitty or too expensive compared to other tires. I've heard great things about Contis, love my Toyos (but don't know if they offer you much), and I've had great experiences with Michelin.

Michelin makes the best tires period, but they charge for them.

:megusta: