Ok 2 questions, Polishing engine block.

codyh

Your block you do see a problem polishing because its cast. therefore you fail, since they are both cast aluminum.

I said block but I meant everything.... Cast anything tends to be pretty porous, so I didnt know how it would come out after sanding it.

And why again are you telling me they are both cast aluminum? When you said earlier they were iron??

Any how, I would love to spend more time and money into building this and turbo'ing it. But Unfortunately I do not have funds for that right now. So Im doing everything I can (strictly labor wise) to try and make it stick out. Basically the main part of the car is the engine bay. The block should not oxidize "QUICKLY" as long as it is taken care of. Its simple to keep polished thinsg clean actually. Dirt, on polished surfaces, tends to wipe off. If I dont take care of it and leave that shit on there yes it will oxidize.

It may be a waste of time to some, but not to me. AND BTW i do not give a fuck about your opinions on whether i should do it or not. I didnt ask for that. You guy still have not answered question number 2. So please do so. As a matter of fact no one has answered number 1.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Find a shop that uses either bead or walnut shells for blasting. If you use sand, Aluminum Oxide, etc. You will have a very hard time getting it clean. It's for that reason I won't blast manifolds, valve covers, I.C. pipes and such. From there start sanding. Start around 800 and go up 1500-2000ish grit. Maybe higher depending on how "dirty" the casting is. Then you should be able to get out the polishing wheels, and compounds. It'll take a good amount of time, but look killer when its done. Then clear coat it.

I said block but I meant everything.... Cast anything tends to be pretty porous, so I didnt know how it would come out after sanding it.

And why again are you telling me they are both cast aluminum? When you said earlier they were iron??

Any how, I would love to spend more time and money into building this and turbo'ing it. But Unfortunately I do not have funds for that right now. So Im doing everything I can (strictly labor wise) to try and make it stick out. Basically the main part of the car is the engine bay. The block should not oxidize "QUICKLY" as long as it is taken care of. Its simple to keep polished thinsg clean actually. Dirt, on polished surfaces, tends to wipe off. If I dont take care of it and leave that shit on there yes it will oxidize.

It may be a waste of time to some, but not to me. AND BTW i do not give a fuck about your opinions on whether i should do it or not. I didnt ask for that. You guy still have not answered question number 2. So please do so. As a matter of fact no one has answered number 1.

Patterson answered both of your questions, just not the way you wanted.

Cast will not polish the way you want. You will not be able to just wipe the dirt away as easily as a mirror polished piece. Your questions were answered, it's time for you to quit whining like a little bitch. Go play with your pos for a while and decide whether you like the way it's going to turn out. Do a small area first then decide if you want to gay up the rest of the parts.

Cast will not polish the way you want. You will not be able to just wipe the dirt away as easily as a mirror polished piece. Your questions were answered, it's time for you to quit whining like a little bitch. Go play with your pos for a while and decide whether you like the way it's going to turn out. Do a small area first then decide if you want to gay up the rest of the parts.

Give him a break his monthly visitor is here and we all know how that goes...

Actually looks like i missed Pattersons post. And he actually answered exactly how I wanted. Patterson not once said I cant polish cast aluminum, in fact he said I could.

And 2, I am going to respectfully ignore your critical, ignorant post. You try to tell people you cant just wipe it off blah blah, when you have no idea what you are actually talking about. I have a feeling you have never done anything like this. But you have an idea in your head that you think may be right, but in reality you have no idea, and your actually talking out of your ass. Ive noticed that from you kiddo.

Edit I didnt read the last part of your post but it seems like you did offer some advice. I overlooked it tho cause that is not expected from you on here. So thanks.

And yes you guys are right. You cant polish a block.

http://www.hotrodlane.cc/trifive/slides/tri572204033.html

Wha??

This quote from a polishing business website. Who does blocks and motor parts.

I get lots of questions about how to keep the polished part shiny. The environment surrounding the engine will sooner or later make the polished aluminum to oxidate and get dirty. I can only give advice from my own experience and i have chosen to not paint my parts with clear coat. The reason is that a shiny surface is real easy to clean, think about it.

Say that you would by accident pour panit on a mirror and a piece of concrete, of course the mirror allows the least grip and will be much easier to clean! Once aluminum i shiny it will be quite easy keeping it that way. Using products like Autosol or Meguiars “All metal polysh” and a towel, it does not take that much time to keep your parts shiny. If you do it often it will be easy! To preserve your part then use an ordinary wax i.e. Sonax liquid hardwax or any product like that.

Actually looks like i missed Pattersons post. And he actually answered exactly how I wanted. Patterson not once said I cant polish cast aluminum, in fact he said I could.

And 2, I am going to respectfully ignore your critical, ignorant post. You try to tell people you cant just wipe it off blah blah, when you have no idea what you are actually talking about. I have a feeling you have never done anything like this. But you have an idea in your head that you think may be right, but in reality you have no idea, and your actually talking out of your ass. Ive noticed that from you kiddo.

Edit I didnt read the last part of your post but it seems like you did offer some advice. I overlooked it tho cause that is not expected from you on here. So thanks.

And yes you guys are right. You cant polish a block.

http://www.hotrodlane.cc/trifive/slides/tri572204033.html

Wha??

This quote from a polishing business website. Who does blocks and motor parts.

1. You whine like a little bitch about how no one answers your questions, only to realize that you can't fucking read. Right in this step you have proved you're as fucking dumb as any other Honda brat I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

2. You didn't respectfully ignore anything. You actually went into another little bitch fit about something you have no god damned clue about.

3. I have built more cars and polished more parts than you probably ever will. I don't know what I'm talking about? Son, get a fucking clue. You have been on this site two months and think you have us all figured out?

4. Advice is not expected from me? Again, you're a fucking noob moron. I was a mod of this section (along with Rob and AJ) before you even found out about CR. Do you know why there were mods? Because so many other idiot like you couldn't answer a fucking question without talking out of their asses. Do you know why we were mods? Because we have a fucking clue.

5. Do you have any idea what it takes to get to that level of finish? In practice, by an obvious amateur (I should have given you the correct label earlier but I was being nice), that level of finish will never be attained. Read: Cast will note polish the way you want it to because you don't have the tacit knowledge to do it.

Come on lil' fella, come back with another moronic post. You have no damn clue what the fuck you're saying. Go get advice about how to rice out your POS from another board.

He hates it when you call him Pandora...also hates shoveling snow in front of his house etc.

Pandora is fine, if slightly incorrect. Snow is not fine. I'm moving to FL so I won't have to deal with it anymore.

1. You whine like a little bitch about how no one answers your questions, only to realize that you can't fucking read. Right in this step you have proved you're as fucking dumb as any other Honda brat I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

2. You didn't respectfully ignore anything. You actually went into another little bitch fit about something you have no god damned clue about.

3. I have built more cars and polished more parts than you probably ever will. I don't know what I'm talking about? Son, get a fucking clue. You have been on this site two months and think you have us all figured out?

4. Advice is not expected from me? Again, you're a fucking noob moron. I was a mod of this section (along with Rob and AJ) before you even found out about CR. Do you know why there were mods? Because so many other idiot like you couldn't answer a fucking question without talking out of their asses. Do you know why we were mods? Because we have a fucking clue.

5. Do you have any idea what it takes to get to that level of finish? In practice, by an obvious amateur (I should have given you the correct label earlier but I was being nice), that level of finish will never be attained. Read: Cast will note polish the way you want it to because you don't have the tacit knowledge to do it.

Come on lil' fella, come back with another moronic post. You have no damn clue what the fuck you're saying. Go get advice about how to rice out your POS from another board.

Pandora is fine, if slightly incorrect. Snow is not fine. I'm moving to FL so I won't have to deal with it anymore.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/599/knockout.gif

http://www.jestparty.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/clapping.gif

You used the word fuck and fucking 7 times. Really shows your incredible intelligence. The ability to choose words and phrases that are consistently different and make sense together is an awesome skill to have. You think that writing alot of sentances with words like fuck, and your gay are really creative. But to all of us that are not nutswinging, you seem to be desperate.

But another good characteristic I have seen from you Mr. Ramsey, is that you are very humble about your knowledge. Im almost positive that if you were trying to get a job at a reputable car shop (whether it be performance or everyday cars break stuff) that you could tell them, "hey I was a mod on CR once.... And not only was I a mod, i was a MOD of the TECH SECTION. Where people ask what size tire to use, or ricers ask what to sand blast their motor with. I have experience, i am a certified CR tech." You have the credentials bud. Continue talking badass, and getting fuel from a guy that worships ICP. Seems to be your group of people, the interwebz.

Sincerely, cody.

You used the word fuck and fucking 7 times. Really shows your incredible intelligence. The ability to choose words and phrases that are consistently different and make sense together is an awesome skill to have. You think that writing alot of sentances with words like fuck, and your gay are really creative. But to all of us that are not nutswinging, you seem to be desperate.

But another good characteristic I have seen from you Mr. Ramsey, is that you are very humble about your knowledge. Im almost positive that if you were trying to get a job at a reputable car shop (whether it be performance or everyday cars break stuff) that you could tell them, "hey I was a mod on CR once.... And not only was I a mod, i was a MOD of the TECH SECTION. Where people ask what size tire to use, or ricers ask what to sand blast their motor with. I have experience, i am a certified CR tech." You have the credentials bud. Continue talking badass, and getting fuel from a guy that worships ICP. Seems to be your group of people, the interwebz.

Sincerely, cody.

You havent been on here long but you are already burning bridges. Just because someone said fuck 7 times doesnt mean anything. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. thats 9 times. so with that said, ease off, people are here to help one another out not start fights.

Sincerely, cody.

You are seriously going to try to start arguing with me about writing style? You can't even use the right version of "your". If you think I'm going to take the time to craft a well written essay about your mediocrity, you're sadly mistaken. I do love talking about myself, so I'll note that I write more in one average week than you will likely write in a year.

Mr. Ramsey? Where the fucking fuck did you come up with that?

Again you show your lack of knowledge. I went to tech school, worked as a tech and manager for independent repair shops, and ran my own performance shop. Somehow I seem to have credentials beyond my CR resume. Like I said, I have built more cars than you ever will. I have tacit knowledge, you have none.

Would you like to use any more false arguments or are you done? Do you want to go down the road of an intellectual battle with me? What would be your subject of choice?

i have not read this thread but you can polish cast i have done it many of times and i will post pics tomorrow

You probably already had a clue what you were doing. Obviously this kid has no clue where to start.

You havent been on here long but you are already burning bridges. Just because someone said fuck 7 times doesnt mean anything. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. thats 9 times. so with that said, ease off, people are here to help one another out not start fights.

Does it really matter? He already knows everything. 2 months on here and he already has everyone pegged, he's a fucking pro.

You should ask him for advice on how to get that old twin turbo set to work properly without any hicups then!!!! He surely knows!!

Worked great when I finally got it dialed in. Only problem now is that I'd have to buy another Cobra and another shitty HP kit so that he could help me put it on. I think I'll ask him for advice on making my Malibu fast. I think I'm supposed to start by polishing the block, but I don't know how.

False. For every 3 helpful people there are 1.453 shitheads causing fights.

You probably already had a clue what you were doing. Obviously this kid has no clue where to start.

Does it really matter? He already knows everything. 2 months on here and he already has everyone pegged, he's a fucking pro.

*Throwing out all my CD's to go buy ICP because Cody is always right.*

False. For every 3 helpful people there are 1.453 shitheads causing fights.

:dumb:this is off topic but did the wind whistling wake you up again :masturboy:

Anyway if you want to polish your block do it, it is just going to be hard to keep up with it. Also who is going to want to steal your tranny and engine?

:dumb:this is off topic but did the wind whistling wake you up again :masturboy:

Anyway if you want to polish your block do it, it is just going to be hard to keep up with it. Also who is going to want to steal your tranny and engine?

You must not be aware of the stereotypes of the typical "honda crowd".

:dumb:

OP, as said repeatedly... Unless this car is only trailered to car shows I would avoid polishing the engine. There are plenty other parts of the car you can put a nice shine to.

On a side note, would this be good to do once every few years to help avoid rust builldup in the nooks and crannies? Not the all out polish but the walnut shell blast?

Anyone who wants to make a quick 1000 dollars. Hondas are one of the easiest and most stolen cars nowadays.

The Kitchen, I never once said I knew more than anyone. Hence the reason why i posted this thread in the first place. GTFO troll. Since you have no intentions of talking about the subject. Mr. Ramsey is the chef on the BBC show Hell's kitchen. Thats who I thought your avatar was (quick glance) before I actually looked at it. Then I realized it wasnt even close.

How much HP gain do I get from polishing a block. :eek: