Motorcycle accident

sol740

I left my house around 10pm and headed over to the intersection of route 3, I see a motorcycle pass me headed south on route 3 towards Westerville, I then let a line of cars pass me headed north towards Sunbury before I turned onto 3. I pulled out and headed south, and as I got towards Plumb Rd. I see pieces of broken plastic and metal, and then see the bike and a man laying down in the street not moving, I pulled over and put on my emergency lights, and start honking and waving at oncoming traffic to stop, while dialing 911. I got the operator and she advised me it had been called in and the ambulance was on the way. I didn't see what happened, but there was one or possibly two other cars pulled over on the opposite side of the street.

By the time I got off the phone with 911, several people were out and around the man, talking to him and waiting for the ambulance. As I saw the lights of the ambulance, I pulled onto 3 and drove away.

I sincerely hope this man is ok, and I hope it's not anyone on here. Be careful out there people.

• Upvote 1

This is the second time this season I have posted such a thread, first time it was just a paste of a link I saw on the news, and this time I just stumbled onto an accident. Absolutely awful. I keep checking the news sites to see if he is ok, but I'm not seeing anything, hopefully no news is good news, and it isn't as serious as it looked. That's what I am crossing my fingers for.

Hey, this is Leanne, Brian's wife. The man who was riding the motorcycle was a high school friend of mine, Ryan Martin. He didn't make it. When I got on Facebook this morning, several of my friends back home in Portsmouth had posted status messages that he had died last night in a motorcycle accident. I saw his mom's Facebook page, and she said he had died in a motorcycle accident in Westerville around 10:20pm. He was a great person, and will be missed by all who knew him. Thank you for pulling over to check on him and call 911. This just breaks my heart.

Hey, this is Leanne, Brian's wife. The man who was riding the motorcycle was a high school friend of mine, Ryan Martin. He didn't make it. When I got on Facebook this morning, several of my friends back home in Portsmouth had posted status messages that he had died last night in a motorcycle accident. I saw his mom's Facebook page, and she said he had died in a motorcycle accident in Westerville around 10:20pm. He was a great person, and will be missed by all who knew him. Thank you for pulling over to check on him and call 911. This just breaks my heart.

:( Leanne, this is Adam. I am trying to find some info on this guy. Where did he go to school? The name sounds familiar.

:( Leanne, this is Adam. I am trying to find some info on this guy. Where did he go to school? The name sounds familiar.

He was from Clay and graduated a year ahead of her. She has gotten several phone calls already from back home on this.

Hey, it's Leanne again...

Rob, what all did you see last night? From what I have heard, an SUV pulled out in front of Ryan, and he went through the backseat window on one side, and out the other. Was he talking at all when you saw him?

Adam, Ryan was a year ahead of me at Clay.

Visiting hours are at Moreland Funeral Home in Westerville, Wednesday 2p-4p and 6p-8p. Service is Thursday at 1:30p.

Hey, it's Leanne again...

Rob, what all did you see last night? From what I have heard, an SUV pulled out in front of Ryan, and he went through the backseat window on one side, and out the other. Was he talking at all when you saw him?

Adam, Ryan was a year ahead of me at Clay.

Visiting hours are at Moreland Funeral Home in Westerville, Wednesday 2p-4p and 6p-8p. Service is Thursday at 1:30p.

I must have pulled up immediately after it happened, I didn't actually see the accident but I checked my call history and my 911 call was at 10:23. I don't remember specifically seeing an SUV either, but I'll be honest I was a little freaked out by the whole situation. I did not hear him speak. I've been feeling ill about this all day. I know I didn't know this man, but it just makes you realize how fragile everything is.

OMG This is not good. I am a fellow rider myself. I hate hearing about good friends and other getting hurt or dieing on bikes. All my best goes out the his family and friends. When and Where will the showing and funeral be?

Eric.