What would you pay for a 96 GSX?

STEVE-O

I am not in with the dsm crowd but This one has my eye a little bit.

Info:

118xxx miles,

Automatic,

T-28 turbo, HKS turbotimer, 10000k HIDs, turboback exhaust, 3" downpipe, Megan Coilovers,new halfshafts, axels, brakes, leather interior, exterior is in pretty good shape no rust or anything.

thanks in advanced and anything special to look for that could be wrong on these cars othr than it will be a suprise if it starts lol

Guest Spam

All 2gs rust from inside out. Even a clean 2g that doesnt show signs of rust will rust between the paint. Ive read and witnessed it.

To be honest, i would spend 3500 at most. If you want help, i can let you know all the problems youll run into, they are too long to list, but if you pm me i can go send you my number and talk to you about it.

look out for rust on the shock towers. rust everywhere

This...

2k then I would put a 4500RPM stall in it.

This...

I dont know why, maybe it's just me, but I shy away from 4G63s that have more than a 100k on the clock without being rebuilt.

It is just you.

All 2gs rust from inside out.

This...

Do a compression test

...and this.

That being said, set aside about $1000 to perform some maintenance on the car. You will want to replace the balance shaft belt, timing belt and tensioner (maybe pulleys too), and change all fluids at a minimum. Also keep an eye out for leaking gaskets, clunking in the suspension, transmission issues, etc. Otherwise, we will have to hear from you in a month whining about how unreliable DSMs are. It's all about the maintenance. Do research on everything before you do it. There is a wealth of information available for free on these cars.