auto x ? tire pressure

lawnman

It really depends on what specific street tire you are running. What tires are you running? Does it have a stiff sidewall?

Typically start with the pressures that are listed on the inside of your door, maybe 5 lbs higher than that. Typically there will be arrows on the side your your tire where the surface patch and the sidewall meet. You want the tire to rollover right where the two meet(at the point of the arrow). I typically put shoe polish or something else over the arrow, sidewall, and surface patch to determine how far it is rolling over. From there, you can determine whether you should add or let out some air. With that low of a sidewall, it will probably be pretty stiff.

What autocross are you doing?

hmmmm, have not heard of those tires. Did a quick Google search, and they look ok....tread pattern looks somewhat aggressive. I would just run the pressures with what the Ford recommends and then go from there based on how they 'roll over.'

Does that make sense?

The rating manufactures recommend are usually a little too low for autocross. It is set for a bit more comfort (and roll-over) than you want for autocross.

Personally, when I get new tires I run them 5-10 psi higher than the recommendation and adjust from there. Just another way to do it. I mainly do this because letting air out is much faster and easier than putting more in between runs.

i know . I showed up and they turned all of us away . All 17 of us . haha

It was cancelled because the workers are out there all day. They do not drive , they just volunteer to work the course. They did not want to run out on the course and reset the 4-5 cones I knock over every pass

Edited by lawnman