SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY (march 22nd)

jbot

hiya

this sunday is supposed to be mid 50's again with sun (maybe not as much as last sunday... actually, last sunday was past 60 degrees i think, but still).

i don't want to lead the ride (wouldn't want to repeat my cluster fuck performance) but if someone knows some good roads near the whole valley view/independence/peninsula parks area and is willing to lead, that area seems to be central for a lot of the NEOhio area people.

Based on weather reports so far, highs will be in the low to mid 50's partly cloudy. it'll warm up to around the high by 1pm or so until 4pm. and then temps start to drop again.

I propose the following:

Meet at QSL in Valley View by 11:30 and fuel up. have a quick lunch at qsl or hoggy's or whatever. and then ride out and hit some roads along the river and the parks. I'd like to hit certain roads a couple times (Bath rd comes to mind... thanks to pauly for the suggestion). and take off before it gets too cold again.

people who plan on showing:

Jbot

Neohiofan

jreese

trmn8r (probably show up if he gets work finished)

skrewloose (if his wife gets back in time)

Tpoppa (if he feels up to it)

NRTHNR (definitely interested)

Harb (if he can get tires mounted and if he wouldn't rather go south of canton)

i'll try to be good about updating the list.

Edited by jbot

yeah, if we are starting the same way, and the first part of the route is the same way, I'd love to hit bath rd again. Yellow creek (which from what I saw, runs parallel to bath) also looks like it could be good too. Those roads were actually pretty fun though short (I hit bath and yellow creek rd again on the way back home). if there are better roads past where we rode around, i'm all in.

i'll post up once we get more details figured. we'll have to keep an eye on the weather too. hopefully, a nice warm front will kick in after this cold patch moves on

wish i could join in this weekend but unfortunately i am gonna be out of commision. if you head south let me know how the roads are though. have a good one and keep the dirty side down.

wish i could join in this weekend but unfortunately i am gonna be out of commision. if you head south let me know how the roads are though. have a good one and keep the dirty side down.

are you ever allowed to join in? we thought you lost all bike privileges!!

I'm interested but can't make a call until details are posted up. I'm very interested in heading south of Canton; I myself have a loop dialed in to my GPS that I love to ride...I love that area. I'm up for whatever though.

It mostly depends on if my tires will be up to snuff for whatever type of ride is decided on; I've got a new set of donuts ready to go on the bike but I'm waiting for Yotaman's friend to call me back so I can set up an appointment to get them mounted. My current rubber is terrible and I dunno if I'd trust em...gotta feel it out tomorrow when I un-garage the bike. I sort of abused them really badly at the end of last season cuz I assumed I'd never have to ride them again...

*edit*

Woooo, just got a call from the tire guy. Looks like I'm getting em done early in the morning on Sunday; I should have everything put back together by noonish.

Edited by Harb67

Well, I am in if the weather is favorable. Atwood is pretty clean as well as Rt.44, which is right on the way there and it does have a few curves. I still need to scout Rt.164 to see if there are any bad spots but I'm sure it's fine...

I just got my shim kit, LED's, and power commander. Waitin on some more things. Got a good amount of work to do, the bike will be down for a week (Hopefully)... I might be out a bit but i shouldnt do any serious riding till im sure its all up to speed. I will be meeting up with you folks soon hopefully

your f4i actually needed to have the valves adjusted?! blasphemy!

i think this sunday will be much like last weekend: very mildly paced, break off the rust, and take in some scenic and mildly curvy roads not too far from home.

i'd love to go to canton, but the way the weather looks, it will be too cold for too long.

so i'll update the OP with: meet at QSL in valley view around noon, have a quick lunch, and ride for a few hours and take it easy. or something along those lines.

those of you who live closer to canton, i envy you because you don't have to ride forevar to hit actual good roads. so i won't hold it against you if you decide to hit those roads without me/us

your f4i actually needed to have the valves adjusted?! blasphemy!

i think this sunday will be much like last weekend: very mildly paced, break off the rust, and take in some scenic and mildly curvy roads not too far from home.

i'd love to go to canton, but the way the weather looks, it will be too cold for too long.

so i'll update the OP with: meet at QSL in valley view around noon, have a quick lunch, and ride for a few hours and take it easy. or something along those lines.

those of you who live closer to canton, i envy you because you don't have to ride forevar to hit actual good roads. so i won't hold it against you if you decide to hit those roads without me/us

That is probably the smartest thing..it's probably going to be cooler than last Sunday..and I guarantee the people further north will be COLD.

Maybe another 45-60 minutes of riding would have been better (we were too musy stuffing our pie holes)...maybe you should look at this as road scouting?!?! Go out and find some roads, make notes. No one comes with any expectations of 5 hours romps. Just a suggestion. Better to scout NOW when the temps aren't that favorable, than LATER when you are really wanting to hit the twisties.

That is probably the smartest thing..it's probably going to be cooler than last Sunday..and I guarantee the people further north will be COLD.

Maybe another 45-60 minutes of riding would have been better (we were too musy stuffing our pie holes)...maybe you should look at this as road scouting?!?! Go out and find some roads, make notes. No one comes with any expectations of 5 hours romps. Just a suggestion. Better to scout NOW when the temps aren't that favorable, than LATER when you are really wanting to hit the twisties.

+1..i have a few roads with twistys by blossom, but no "true" routes..bike will be hopefully ready for this coming week

I'm in. 11:30am @ QSL sounds like a plan. I live right by the CVNP system, so I've rode most of those roads. There fun but not amazing. Got to be careful due to road conditions. It's definitely not a spot to be dragging knees lol. Still fun though.

I'm up for going wherever. I've been comfortable riding in the cold 30's on the morning commute, so 55 degrees if perfect. Just dress warm.

I hope your not talking about me haha. I'm still a newbie. I've only got about 2000 miles under my belt. Not ready to be leading anyone anywhere.

The part that I live by (south of peninsula, by the penn/stow/cfalls border) gets boring pretty quick. With the weather it looks like we'll have for Sunday we should plan a longer route.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO000000000000000oooooooooooooooooo000000oooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO000000000000zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

fine

lol sorry