website to determine jobs that suit you best

evan9381

is there such a thing? maybe im just looking under the wrong terms, or finding a bunch of shitty sites...after reading through the "what do you want to do when you grow up thread", it seems like a lot of people are in the same boat as me. i look through job postings constantly and i have yet to see many, if any that i say to myself "hm, that sounds interesting"

is there something out there with a long questionaire that kinda digs into your mind to see what you enjoy, what you dont, and then gives you suggestions based on that?

It is important to realize what you want to do but keep in mind that once you start doing it for work, the dynamic changes.

Yeah, like someone who loves to work on his car and starts working in the automotive field. A lot of them just lose interest in it and hate their job or fixing their own car.

Yeah, like someone who loves to work on his car and starts working in the automotive field. A lot of them just lose interest in it and hate their job or fixing their own car.

I went...

1) Enjoyed working on all cars

2) Enjoyed working on only my cars

3) Hate anything that has the word "work" attached to it.

is there such a thing? maybe im just looking under the wrong terms, or finding a bunch of shitty sites...after reading through the "what do you want to do when you grow up thread", it seems like a lot of people are in the same boat as me. i look through job postings constantly and i have yet to see many, if any that i say to myself "hm, that sounds interesting"

is there something out there with a long questionaire that kinda digs into your mind to see what you enjoy, what you dont, and then gives you suggestions based on that?

PM sent.

Decided I might as well post what I pm'd him as it may help others and I mentioned it in another thread a few days ago. Here it is:

Hey, man. I just did something EXACTLY like this. I've finally admitted to myself that experience is not enuf for a good job anymore. (Bullshit, but whatever...)

Here in Delaware, they have a seminar you can goto where you take a shitload of little tests - mechanical reasoning, spatial relations, verbal reasoning, numerical ability, language usage, word knowledge, perceptual speed and accuracy, and manual speed and dexterity. There are also forced questionairre/personality tests and they find out what your likes and dislikes are but those aren't always obvious to you, so they go about it in a way that takes that into account. They used a system called career occupational preference system or COPS.

After the testing, you come back a couple days later and they go over everything individually. It's really quite cool. Far too much info to explain here. I wish I could show you my paperwork.

Anyway, Im sure this is 100% what you were looking for. You'll be given your strengths and weaknesses and what they mean, where you'd be strong at and how to go about reasearching the fields you'd be strong in. They even have a cool website that gives you most of the info you'd need on just about any career in one easy to use place. Im sure they have similar courses in Cbus, too, but here's the Delaware one. It's free and it wasn't packed with people.

Delaware Area Career Center - CCRC

4565 Columbus Pike

Delaware, Ohio 43015

http://www.delawareareacc.org/adult-...esource-center

Good luck, man.

Christian