John Hinderer Honda Powerstore, Heath, OH??

adamgh81

Has anyone ever been to John Hinderer Honda Powerstore in Heath, OH? I'm in Pickerington...John Hinderer (http://www.hondapowerstore.com/) and Ohio NW (Ohio Motorcycle) are both about 35 minutes away from me.

I need to take my 2003 RC51 to get it checked out since I can find the problem. http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=21257

I have heard good and bad about Ohio NW in Hilliard and have heard that the shop rate went up to $90/hr. Does anyone have any input about John Hinderer? Thanks!

My only experience with John Hinderer was on the sales side, and I can say from that one experience I'll never step foot in that store again. I'm biased obviously, but there's no doubt in my mind I'd take it to Honda Northwest. By the way, where in Picktown are you? If you want, I can take a look at it for you.

On the sales side also, they tried to get me to buy a 1000rr with New Repsol plastics and shaved engine cases...on both sides. Sales guy said, "well, when your draggin knee's". I kinda just walked out the door at that point.

As for service, I use Joe Carson's between Carroll and Lancaster. $68/hr rate and their service guys have been good to me.

Yep, my buddy went in to Hinderer to buy his first ever street bike. Tried to sell him an 07 1000rr so that they could make room on the floor for the 08. He still ended up buying a 919 from there because of financing issues but I immediately wanted to tell her off.

I looked at a 2005 636 at Hinderer. It was a decent bike but they wanted about 1500 more than I was willing to pay. I found this bike via ebay. They had a buy-it-now for 6k. I think the highest bid was 4250, which didnt meet the reserve. I offered 4300 or 4500 BEFORE the auction ended. He didn't even counter my offer. I guess my low offer was an insult. They had this bike for about a year too. i guess they're made of money :)

As for service, I use Joe Carson's between Carroll and Lancaster. $68/hr rate and their service guys have been good to me.

Does anyone else want to chime in about Joe Carson's? Honda and HD shop...I'm comfortable knowing they know both sides of my RC51, the Honda and V-twin. I think I'm going to call this week unless anyone has anything negative about them.

Counterpoint: I stopped in there yesterday on my way home to see if any of the VFR recalls had been done on my bike (wiring harness, PCV leak) and they already knew all about the VFR which I think isn't true for all shops. The mechanic guy was super nice. They said they already have the spare parts and I can bring it in any time this week. So I may temper my opinion a bit but I would still stay far away from their sales dept.

There, my .02 cents

• 3 years later...

Some pretty strong opinions about the bike shop. Anyone dealt with used car sales? The reviews that I read online aren't giving me the greatest confidence. They have a used vehicle that I want, but I would like to know what I'm getting into before I make the 45 min drive.

Thanks

Some pretty strong opinions about the bike shop. Anyone dealt with used car sales? The reviews that I read online aren't giving me the greatest confidence. They have a used vehicle that I want, but I would like to know what I'm getting into before I make the 45 min drive.

Thanks

Honda Northwest, to hell with Hinderer.

Honda Northwest sells cars now? :dunno:

If there's something in particular that you're looking for, I can ask one of the salesmen at the dealership that I work for if they have anything.

• Upvote 1

I was actually asking about the used car department, just too lazy to start my own thread. I see the bike shop isn't well liked. Didn't know if the car side would review the same as the bike shop.

My Father has bought 2 Honda Odyssey vans from them, has had nothing but great things to say about sales and service there.

• 2 months later...