Best muffler for Saab

PRD2BDF

I know this seems unorthodox but I figured you guys experienced a wide range of mufflers and their applications.

Here's the dealio, I'm profoundly Deaf. For those who are clueless, that means I hear absolutely nothing and I don't wear hearing aids. I would like to get an upgraded exhaust in the future. It's for my 2005 Saab 9-3 with a turbo 4. It's completely stock at the moment but I'm hoping to get it tuned in the future.

I would like to get a muffler that makes it sound nice and not "false advertising" meaning it sounds like it has more than what it really has and not like these lovable ricers. I know I won't benefit from the noise but I'll benefit from having a nice exhaust tip and that's good enough for me.

Any help?

Valid points but there's about 15 HP gain if I upgrade my exhaust from the turbo back from 2.25 (or 2.5 can't remember) to a 3 inch diameter DP and exhaust.

And I want others to enjoy the sound the car gives off. Just because I'm deaf doesn't mean I can't enjoy modding the exhaust aspect of the car.

Just because I'm deaf doesn't mean I can't enjoy modding the exhaust aspect of the car.

Yes it does.

Fuck, get a saw and cut off everything past the downpipe. You'll get the most power, and won't have to worry about the pesky drone!

:dumb:

Valid points but there's about 15 HP gain if I upgrade my exhaust from the turbo back from 2.25 (or 2.5 can't remember) to a 3 inch diameter DP and exhaust.

And I want others to enjoy the sound the car gives off. Just because I'm deaf doesn't mean I can't enjoy modding the exhaust aspect of the car.

I would get a cat less down pipe and a cut out. Have you looked at Genuine Saab's cat backs?

Search for the exhaust options out there for the car, and then search for which one people "thinks" sounds best?

Exhaust sounds are personal..... if you can't hear it, choose what the "general consensus" likes.

:thumbup:

KillJoy