Went to Powder Room today...

HotCarl

Anyone have any tips, shooting my Glock 26 at approx. 22ft all my shots were a bit low and to the right? Am i pulling the trigger too much?

On the other hand, same distance, my brother shooting his M&P compact 9mm all his shots were low and to the left? Any idea what he's doing wrong?

aim up and to the left

:lolguy:

When I first started I would clinch my muscles in preparation for the kick back. The guy that was coaching me said people tend to have their own bad habits. Could be anything from not looking down the sights right, to your stance, etc, etc.. could be anything causing you to shoot that way

What helped me was squeezing the trigger very slowly after taking a deep breath and slowly letting the air out. It helped me to relax my muscles and not "flinch". After practice I was able to shoot at a normal speed and still hit the target without over compensating in the other direction.

yeah sounds like a trigger jerk. put an empty mag in it and jack the slide and work on your squeeze so that when the trigger is pulled the gun does not dip at all. They also sell dummy rounds so you can do this as well or practice malfunction drills.

yeah sounds like a trigger jerk. put an empty mag in it and jack the slide and work on your squeeze so that when the trigger is pulled the gun does not dip at all. They also sell dummy rounds so you can do this as well or practice malfunction drills.

This...any gun shop sells snap caps, I like to have someone else put a dummy round mixed in the mag so one round doesn't go off. It will show you a lot you might be doing wronge like flintching or trigger break.

Hire a trainer that can teach you the art of sharp shooting. Once you have mastered this he will blind fold you and spin you in circles. At first you will think hitting a target while blinded is impossible. You will practice and practice but never get it right. Then while having a street fight with some super duper street thug you will be temporarily blinded by a low down dirty toss of sand into your eyes. At this point you will reach the highest level of clarity. All of your senses will work as one to build a picture of everything in the room. You will remember all of your teachings in a nice montage to a 1990's soft rock hit. Thinking that he has an advantage the thug will walk out in the open with the attitude of a winner. Playing too much halo, he plans on tea-bagging you before taking your life. Then suddenly... BOOM! One shot from your gun directly into his forehead. But wait there was another thug behind you.... BOOM! Another shot over your shoulder takes out the punk as you walk away dropping your glock and the room fades to black.

Hire a trainer that can teach you the art of sharp shooting. Once you have mastered this he will blind fold you and spin you in circles. At first you will think hitting a target while blinded is impossible. You will practice and practice but never get it right. Then while having a street fight with some super duper street thug you will be temporarily blinded by a low down dirty toss of sand into your eyes. At this point you will reach the highest level of clarity. All of your senses will work as one to build a picture of everything in the room. You will remember all of your teachings in a nice montage to a 1990's soft rock hit. Thinking that he has an advantage the thug will walk out in the open with the attitude of a winner. Playing too much halo, he plans on tea-bagging you before taking your life. Then suddenly... BOOM! One shot from your gun directly into his forehead. But wait there was another thug behind you.... BOOM! Another shot over your shoulder takes out the punk as you walk away dropping your glock and the room fades to black.

pretty sure you've just described any jean claude van damme movie made during the 80's

http://www.hsoi.com/resources/correction_chart.gif

This was exactly what i was thinking about when i posted, hope someone would post it up aswell.

Im usually pretty good at NOT pulling the trigger back at an angle and only using my finger tip but i think i anticipate the shot too much and my brace or try and prepare for the kickback.