Stock motors that can handle a lot of boost.

ColdFusion

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize, the poster you quoted was talking about an SVT FUCUS, not a Cobra right? :dumb:

So, one guy is an Ohio troll who had a slow car-that is now sold, and the others you've type'd to once on SVT chat-check.

This quote shows that you dont understand this topic or at least the way it has been interpreted by the forum. The OP did not ask "What is the best 10.2754 compression stock motor for boost", the topic is "Stock motors that can handle a lot of boost". Now although the OP's question is as stupid as it gets in itself, it sparked this debate.

Before I dig into this- are you trying to say the SVT's motor is better than a 4G63 at making power in stock form (Many, many people including me have made 600+whp on 100% stock 4G63s), or with aftermarket support (Many people have Dyno'd over 1000whp, yes that One Thousand Fucking WHEEL HP and trap'd near 200 god damn mph with the 4G63).

So yes, let me know where that SVT is superior again. Call me crazy-but I just dont see it.

I never said anything about it being superior to the 4g? I did say show me another N/A motor with high compression that can do 400whp on pump gas.

600whp on a 100% stock engine. How STOCK are we talking here? The last time i checked opening up the valve cover isnt stock. 272's are needed north of 450-500whp pending the turbo set up.Now if you are telling me people have made 600whp on e85/race gas with a STOCK bottom end. Then yes, i will beleive that.

But given the fact that arp head studs, MLS gasket and cams are needed above 500whp you might want to change your wording around. Stock is to easily thrown around here on cr.

Is that why there are so many fast sr powered cars? Just like any good engine platform the sr has been proven over and over.

The sr20 is a time bomb in stock form over 400hp. It is in no way in the same league as a 4g63 or a jz motor.

This, and i didnt know Drifting= fast? im pretty sure even most drifters are moving away from the sr20?

2.slow before dave burshur or john shep , or brent rau broke records in 4g powered cars they chased times from sr powered cars. In the uk,aus,nz,jpn and now the usa.

Fellas, reread the title of the thread slowly "Stock motors(plural) that can handle alot of boost". There are so many motors that fall into this category beyond the jz motors and 4g63!, the sr20 definitely being one of them. There is no argument here. Now if the title of this thread was "Strongest Stock motor(singular) that can handle the most boost" then one can argue that the sr20 is not in this "league". As a matter of fact, the jz or 4g63 motors wouldn't be neither. I'm pretty sure in stock form the Bugatti veyron motor can make more power than "almost" any engine lol

Fellas, reread the title of the thread slowly "Stock motors(plural) that can handle alot of boost". There are so many motors that fall into this category beyond the jz motors and 4g63!, the sr20 definitely being one of them. There is no argument here. Now if the title of this thread was "Strongest Stock motor(singular) that can handle the most boost" then one can argue that the sr20 is not in this "league". As a matter of fact, the jz or 4g63 motors wouldn't be neither. I'm pretty sure in stock form the Bugatti veyron motor can make more power than "almost" any engine lol

Cr cannot compute.

I think he is asking if its stock cams with a longer stroke or larger bore.???

I dunno, but it gives me a reason to pick on AJ, and I would hope that the motor was being quantified as an OEM assembly, not a built motor. Otherwise that post was :dumb:

kinda like arguing witch 20+ year old Toyota motor is more reliable/modern. :dumb: as well.

If some of the older guys remember my old white coupe, it was 100% oem nissan parts , stock stroke,bore, head , cams , motor was never "opened" stock hg. The car made a lot more power then ur so called timebomb limit.

race gas or pump? Also what did you use for tuning?