I saved you, now pay me...

Guest Hal

Crazy shit happens when you have an adrenaline dump

I'm aware of that, but those actions are not really knee-jerk reactions. The choices they made could have been controlled.

Not to s my own d but i've entered working structure fires with reported traps with out any thing on but my duty shirt, duty pants, boots and a ball cap on.. I was riding the medic and made it first on scene before any of our fire apparatus.

Our PD and Sheriffs are often on scene before the FD is and they will run in to make sure no ones passed out inside if they can make it in.

Its 100% against our departments policy, was stupid and got in trouble.

and i didn't think about it for a second(which was obviously the problem)

Thet only reason i bring this up is that I now have to decide and restrain myself from reacting.

That is still a decision. I'd be willing to be that you actually did think something like "I'm first on scene, I have to go make sure the people are ok." You may not remember it, but these complicated actions typically require more than an automatic response.

You guys also need to look at the story. One of the guys talks about what went through his head before he made a conscious decision to look for more passengers.

I don't really care if he made a decision consciously or not. They made the right decision by trying to save her life regardless of why she did what she did. They made the wrong decision by suing her because they were injured. They need to grow some balls. No one died. Life goes on. dealwithit.gif

I don't really care if he made a decision consciously or not. They made the right decision by trying to save her life regardless of why she did what she did. They made the wrong decision by suing her because they were injured. They need to grow some balls. No one died. Life goes on. dealwithit.gif

I thought you were disagreeing with me.:dumb:

Yeah, regardless of why they did it, it's done. They need to buy a pair of man pants and put them on.

It's completely different when it's an accident, but when someone is trying to take their own life? Sounds completely different to me. It even says at the bottom of the article he never seeked anything until after he found out afterwards that it was a botched suicide attempt.

It's completely different when it's an accident, but when someone is trying to take their own life? Sounds completely different to me. It even says at the bottom of the article he never seeked anything until after he found out afterwards that it was a botched suicide attempt.

Yep. If I risk my life because you are too dumb to continue yours, you owe me.