Stock market FUUUUUUUUUUU

AWW$HEEET

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in my first 6 months of trading and I am currently having some fun playing with SIRI. I would like to get more into why I buy and sell something here in the next couple of months. What do you guys trade on? I use scottrade

I use scottrade. If you wanna play like a day trader, read up on technical analysis.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know how to get on the Facebook IPO?

They haven't filed an S-1... so there is no IPO yet, just speculation.

When it does happen, to even have a chance you will need an account at a huge firm and have a bunch of assets with them and be a regular trader.

So many people will want in on the actual IPO and very very few will actually have an opportunity.

So, I'm looking to get into the stock market, and I'd likely be doing a lot of day trades for quick flips. Any recommendations for which website I should open an account with? I'd be investing ~$3000 to start, if it matters.

I would have a hard time making a profit on $3k with commissions and such day-to-day. I've been with Etrade forever and they've never given me problems. Their commissions are high for what you want to do though.

So, I'm looking to get into the stock market, and I'd likely be doing a lot of day trades for quick flips. Any recommendations for which website I should open an account with? I'd be investing ~$3000 to start, if it matters.

Scottrade is $7 per trade, so $14 to buy and then sell. You need to buy a lot of shares to spread that out.

Example: $3,000 will buy you 6 shares of Apple stock (@$455). The stock price would have to move $2.34 just to break even on the commission.

$3,000 will buy 1351 shares of Sprint (@2.22). The stock price would have to move $0.0104 to break even on the commission.

They haven't filed an S-1... so there is no IPO yet, just speculation.

When it does happen, to even have a chance you will need an account at a huge firm and have a bunch of assets with them and be a regular trader.

So many people will want in on the actual IPO and very very few will actually have an opportunity.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1326801/000119312512034517/d287954ds1.htm

^^ Facebook S-1,.... for what it is worth.

If there are 5 people on this entire site with the means to get in on this I would be surprised. ( And I am fully aware there are some VERY well off people on here)

I use scottrade and do a lot of trades with amounts less than 10K. Your right $14 in/out. They've never given me a problem. There is a little disadvantage to trading with $3K, when you do a buy then sell it takes a couple days for the funds to settle and you also can't go in/out/in/out on the same stocks in the same week or you can get flagged as a day trader and will need much more money to keep a liquid asset to continue trading.

One way around this is to set up mutiple accounts if you really get into it.

So, in addition to still stocking away the majority of my new funds into more BRK I decided that I wanted to have a little fun this morning when I was on my account so I purchased some Dryships Inc. (DRYS) at 2.16 per share. Anybody have any opinions on my gamble? I only got like 1000 shares.

So, in addition to still stocking away the majority of my new funds into more BRK I decided that I wanted to have a little fun this morning when I was on my account so I purchased some Dryships Inc. (DRYS) at 2.16 per share. Anybody have any opinions on my gamble? I only got like 1000 shares.

DRYS closed at 2.81 today. Booyakasha :fuckyeah:

I use scottrade and do a lot of trades with amounts less than 10K. Your right $14 in/out. They've never given me a problem. There is a little disadvantage to trading with $3K, when you do a buy then sell it takes a couple days for the funds to settle and you also can't go in/out/in/out on the same stocks in the same week or you can get flagged as a day trader and will need much more money to keep a liquid asset to continue trading.

One way around this is to set up mutiple accounts if you really get into it.

You can't do round multiple round trips on stocks, you can get around it by opening a margin acct though.

market is popping in premarket today with good job numbers. crazy to see this market run from 08 lows to damn near 13000 today.

I am pissed. I pulled all my money out a week ago to make someone a huge personal loan. I am making sick interest, but probably not what I would have been making on Transocean and Alcoa alone.

Whats the speculative buy right now for you guys? I am all out at the moment and hesitant to jump in with the market this high (artificially if you ask me)

ive just been letting my longs ride, im with you it is tough to put anything in long right now with the market being so high. but i really think this rally will extend itself even further. Im watching a bunch of stocks to short once I feel they are well over priced.

im short lulu and gme right now

if you want to hop in now i think BAC has room left