Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

you guys really think osu is going to do well? smh... who as quarterback? etc.... not a chance.

and id still pick wisconsin or msu over osu in the big ten

Braxton Miller as the QB, loaded at running back, biggest concern for me is WR, but that really shouldn't be a major issue. Am I expecting 13-0...no. But I do see 10 wins from this team. Only real question mark games are going to be Miami (not really a concern imo), Wisky (Revenge time plus wisky plays like shit on the road) and Nebraska

Oregon will run through the

PAC 10 sec will win the nc again osu will win the big 10.

Umm when did they win the National Championship Phil? :p They lost to auburn

Oklahoma wins the national championship.

Haha just like every year that they are predicted to win it? Stoops is a bigger choke artist in a big game then Tress was

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldie but good one.

A Penn State fan, a Michigan fan, and an OSU fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team the most. The Penn State fan insists that he is most loyal and then yells, "This is for Happy Valley!" and jumps off the mountain. Not to be out done, The OSU fan next professes his love for his team. He screams,"This is for the Buckeyes!" and pushes the Michigan fan off the mountain.

Oldie but good one.

A Penn State fan, a Michigan fan, and an OSU fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team the most. The Penn State fan insists that he is most loyal and then yells, "This is for Happy Valley!" and jumps off the mountain. Not to be out done, The OSU fan next professes his love for his team. He screams,"This is for the Buckeyes!" and pushes the Michigan fan off the mountain.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/Dubs740/seinfield-1.gif

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/Dubs740/50cent-1.gif

i'm out of the loop, living here in wisconsin. the only thing i ever here is how osu got beat last year by WI, and all the (obvious) issues with players accepting gifts. please tell me there's hope this year. it was hard going to the wisconsin game last year and watching it in person. i hadn't even gotten to my seat and it was 7-0 already

I don't think Meyer is going to be the coach here honestly Justin. I think Fickell gets enough wins, lands enough recruits to keep his job. I too think Urban is a good coach, for 2-3 years at a time then he bolts to another school. Wisky flat out, outplayed osu the 1st half of last years game. The 2nd half OSU owned that game, oh well can't change that now I guess. I think this OSU team plays with a fire inside like none of us have seen in a long time. Atleast that is what I am hoping for lol.

I am interested to see who the starters are, especially at linebacker. I am pulling for hometown kid Storm Klein but not sure whats going to happen with him. I think the Bucks will play a lot with Moeller at the Star position, thus only having 2 backers on the field at a time.

As a Gator fan, last year opened up my eyes. Meyer had JOHN BRANTLEY running the option, having him split time at QB along with a backup TE (Reed) and an "athlete" (Burton) that had no business taking snaps, while running the most predictable and ineffective offense in the conference, allowing his buddy Steve Addazio to continue calling the plays with his dive/dive/sack/punt bullshit, and so on. Meyer knew he would be leaving, so he didn't bother firing his buddy even though Addazio had no business coaching anything but the offensive line (which he also sucked at). Meyer gave up last year, and a terrible season was the result. He should have stayed retired. Thank God for Will Muschamp.

As far as OSU is concerned, I like Fickell but I have a feeling OSU will clean house in order to rid themselves of the "dirty program" label. Maybe I am wrong, it just seems they are trying to distance themselves from Tressel as much as possible, which doesn't bode well for the current staff. I wouldn't be surprised if Gene Smith gets the boot as well.

Wisconsin is ridiculously overrated right now thanks to picking up Russell Wilson from NC State. Kid is going to have basically 1 month to learn Wisconsin's offense. And they lost I think 3 incredible offensive linemen off the best OL in the country last season. Wisconsin is not going to be anywhere near as good as they were last season. They just don't have the talent to reload like the truly elite programs in the country can.

Miami will be iffy because it's the 3rd game of the season and on the road (although Miami has an awful home game atmosphere... will be at least 30% OSU fans there).

Michigan State has a nice returning offense but when's the last time they won in Columbus? '98? I think the last time we played them it was with freshman Terrelle Pryor at QB and we beat them by 35.

Nebraska will be pretty tough. We're their first ever Big 10 home game and it's at night. Should be a great atmosphere.

I agree with Bicranium, most analyst are crowning Wisky and Nebraska champs of their divisions already. Nebraska maybe as they have an easier road to win their division, but even then I think they are over rated. One announcer was saying they have 10 future first and 2nd round picks on Defense alone, can't wait to see that, cause if its true then they are going to be absolutely insane.

Wisconsin is ridiculously overrated right now thanks to picking up Russell Wilson from NC State. Kid is going to have basically 1 month to learn Wisconsin's offense. And they lost I think 3 incredible offensive linemen off the best OL in the country last season. Wisconsin is not going to be anywhere near as good as they were last season. They just don't have the talent to reload like the truly elite programs in the country can.

Miami will be iffy because it's the 3rd game of the season and on the road (although Miami has an awful home game atmosphere... will be at least 30% OSU fans there).

Michigan State has a nice returning offense but when's the last time they won in Columbus? '98? I think the last time we played them it was with freshman Terrelle Pryor at QB and we beat them by 35.

Nebraska will be pretty tough. We're their first ever Big 10 home game and it's at night. Should be a great atmosphere.

well lets not forget that Bowl game performance Wisconsin had against Texas Christian, I see them 9-3 possibly 10-2 this year not counting the Big Ten championship "IF" they make it

Some good games are in the early part of the season. Here is a few to keep an eye on in the first few weeks

Week 1:

#3 Oregon vs #4 LSU (in oregon)

#7 Boise St vs #22 Georgia (In Boise where they don't lose)

Week 2:

#2 Alabama vs #25 Penn State

#11 South Carolina vs #22 Georgia

Week 3:

#1 Oklahoma vs #5 Florida State

#16 Ohio State vs Miami

Hell the first 2 weeks alone 2 top 10 teams will have 1 loss and possibly 3 teams in the preseason top 10 all having 1 loss on their record. A lot of the top 15 teams meet up in week 4 onward, so there will definitley be a lot of shakeup from the get go.

well lets not forget that Bowl game performance Wisconsin had against Texas Christian, I see them 9-3 possibly 10-2 this year not counting the Big Ten championship "IF" they make it

I don't think I've ever been more pissed off at a game that involved teams I couldn't care less about in my life. It was like the Wisconsin coaching staff was lobotomized before that game. Their first series they were blowing TCU's DL off the line. Then outside of 1-2 more drives throughout the game they tried to be real cute for some reason with reverses and all other kinds of garbage that did nothing for them. I was raging.

I don't think I've ever been more pissed off at a game that involved teams I couldn't care less about in my life. It was like the Wisconsin coaching staff was lobotomized before that game. Their first series they were blowing TCU's DL off the line. Then outside of 1-2 more drives throughout the game they tried to be real cute for some reason with reverses and all other kinds of garbage that did nothing for them. I was raging.

same here, now don't get me wrong I'm a HUGE Buckeye fan, but during the bowl games I'm cheering for all Big Ten teams, and the Wisconsin game was a shocker! only reason why is gives teams like Boise State more crying chances to play in the NC game when they don't deserve it, so when BSU plays Georgia you know who I want to win

Yeah, I like to see the conference do well in bowl games because it makes us look better when we dominate the conference.

If BSU beats Georgia they are likely going undefeated. And with all the marquee games between top 5-10 teams early in the season they will likely be competing with several 1 loss teams for a spot in the title game. Basically just going to vomit if they get in.

Boise kinda deserves it. They beat everyone put in front of them, they have less talent then the big boys that they beat. I posted this on scout, Boise has had 0 5star players commit to them in the last 10 years, they have had less 4 star players in the last 3-4 years then Georgia had in 1 recruiting class lol. They play with the same talent level as their opposition if not less, yet they win. People bitch about it, but it could be said about OSU having more talent then the rest of the Big10, if you don't think OSU has the most talent then you are blind or insane lol.

Boise moved up conferences in hopes of playing against TCU and raising their "rep", only to have TCU bolt to another conference. I think Boise will end up moving to another conference wether it be the big12 or pac12 is yet to be seen.

BTW have you seen the "combat" uniforms that OSU is supposedly going to be wearing vs Wisky? I actually like the drawings I have seen more then the other "throwbacks" they have been wearing last couple years. Atleast this year well see OSU and Michigan playing each other in their normal uniforms!

1 more note, Michigans throwbacks look like Rugby uniforms

Oldie but good one.

http://www.zuguide.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/gran-torino-clint-eastwood.jpg

It will be an interesting season for both teams. I just prefer not to bench race. Lets wait till the game comes.

Boise kinda deserves it. They beat everyone put in front of them, they have less talent then the big boys that they beat. I posted this on scout, Boise has had 0 5star players commit to them in the last 10 years, they have had less 4 star players in the last 3-4 years then Georgia had in 1 recruiting class lol. They play with the same talent level as their opposition if not less, yet they win. People bitch about it, but it could be said about OSU having more talent then the rest of the Big10, if you don't think OSU has the most talent then you are blind or insane lol.

Boise moved up conferences in hopes of playing against TCU and raising their "rep", only to have TCU bolt to another conference. I think Boise will end up moving to another conference wether it be the big12 or pac12 is yet to be seen.

BTW have you seen the "combat" uniforms that OSU is supposedly going to be wearing vs Wisky? I actually like the drawings I have seen more then the other "throwbacks" they have been wearing last couple years. Atleast this year well see OSU and Michigan playing each other in their normal uniforms!

1 more note, Michigans throwbacks look like Rugby uniforms

Think you and I went back and forth a bit about BSU in last year's thread on here. I just can't take them too serious. They focus all off-season on one game (Oregon in 2008, 2009, VT in 2010 and UGA this year and UGA isn't even that good) then can largely cruise until their 2nd big game of the year... their bowl game...lol.

And the pro combat uniform "renderings" out there for OSU right now are Photoshop jobs from all the way back in January. Not real. An OSU photographer on Scout said he has heard we might go with all gray uniforms which could be cool because they'd probably be a pretty dark gray so it won't be the black that everyone is doing these days but it should be cool.

Yeah I go back and forth with a lot of people over Boise. I first saw em play around 1999 and just kinda started following them, they are probablly my favorite team behind tOSU of course. I just like how they play and how they get hated on for winning damn near all their games lol. Idk if they put all their off season focus on 1 game, but even so it works cause they beat that team then roll through their conference. Its no different then what USC was doing a few years ago when they clearly had the most talent in the conference. USC would play nobody, go to the national championship game and get all sorts of love.

A dark grey would be pretty cool, as long as they don't fuck with the helmets too much. Ohio State just isn't Ohio State without leaves on the helmets

Umm when did they win the National Championship Phil? :p They lost to auburn

Haha just like every year that they are predicted to win it? Stoops is a bigger choke artist in a big game then Tress was

I meant the sec will win the nc again. And Oregon will win the PAC 10