Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I guarantee you I'm not the only one who wants to see OSU-Maryland. And I'd bet tons of people would rather watch OSU-Maryland than OSU-Akron.

Nope, to me, OSU-Maryland has about the same appeal as OSU-Akron. Same goes for Missouri - they're a "meh" team too. From a fan's standpoint, I wouldn't want the B10 to expand if it meant having to take either of those two teams.

You a TP hater? If so any reason why? Cause of the tattoos? Does that mean your a Boom Herron, Mike Adams, Devier Posey and Solomon Thomas hater too? Just curious

Yup, hes a joke... let downs over the years, a feeling of betrayal having stuck up for him in the past, bringing a lot of heat onto OSU and being partially responsible for the firing of one of the best coaches we've had.

His actions, along with others, has tarnished OSUs name, vacated wins due to violations that had nothing to do with performance and will inhibit our ability to recruit for the next couple of years. He's the spear head of an arrow that hurt the sporting institution I most love.

Haha are you high right now? OSU will have a top 3 if not number 1 class for 2013. Right now for the 2012 class they are still top 15 and lead for a few top prospects that have yet to commit. Do some researching...

Let downs? The kid lost 4 games as a starter, he lost 1 of those by himself (Penn State) where he fumbled his freshman year trying to gain an extra yard. He isn't to blame for Tress being fired, Tress is! Not to mention all the allegations and Lex Wesner helped lead to Tressell leaving along with TP leaving. Pryor was by far the best player on the team and its not even close.

I can't wait to see all the Buckeye "fans" hating on Braxton Miller in 3 years when he has failed to deliver a National Championship in Columbus. You know whats even funnier, many feel Troy Smith was the best qb ever at tOSU, yet he had off the field issues early in his career, a reported fight in the tunnel before the NCG against Florida and never won a ring. Yet a player like Craig Krenzel wins it all and is all but forgotten. I am a huge OSU fan, but man I hate other OSU "fans".

You're entitled to you're opinion, I just think many OSU fans looked for a person to put the blame on not named Jim Tressell when really had he not lied about the whole deal, he and TP would still be here...

BTW here is the current recruits OSU has landed:

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Recruit/Commits/2012/Football

Dunn and Ball are the top 2 running backs in the state going to a team already loaded with RB depth and also lead for a top rb next year out of Virginia.

• Upvote 1

Haha are you high right now? OSU will have a top 3 if not number 1 class for 2013. Right now for the 2012 class they are still top 15 and lead for a few top prospects that have yet to commit. Do some researching...

Let downs? The kid lost 4 games as a starter, he lost 1 of those by himself (Penn State) where he fumbled his freshman year trying to gain an extra yard. He isn't to blame for Tress being fired, Tress is! Not to mention all the allegations and Lex Wesner helped lead to Tressell leaving along with TP leaving. Pryor was by far the best player on the team and its not even close.

I can't wait to see all the Buckeye "fans" hating on Braxton Miller in 3 years when he has failed to deliver a National Championship in Columbus. You know whats even funnier, many feel Troy Smith was the best qb ever at tOSU, yet he had off the field issues early in his career, a reported fight in the tunnel before the NCG against Florida and never won a ring. Yet a player like Craig Krenzel wins it all and is all but forgotten. I am a huge OSU fan, but man I hate other OSU "fans".

Ive got to much to do, ill quote it now and come back later if i care to even address your banter.

Nope, to me, OSU-Maryland has about the same appeal as OSU-Akron. Same goes for Missouri - they're a "meh" team too. From a fan's standpoint, I wouldn't want the B10 to expand if it meant having to take either of those two teams.

Missouri is top 25 pre-season this year and both Maryland and Missouri finished last season in the top 25. Let me know the next time Akron does either.

You're entitled to you're opinion, I just think many OSU fans looked for a person to put the blame on not named Jim Tressell when really had he not lied about the whole deal, he and TP would still be here...

BTW here is the current recruits OSU has landed:

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Recruit/Commits/2012/Football

Dunn and Ball are the top 2 running backs in the state going to a team already loaded with RB depth and also lead for a top rb next year out of Virginia.

Spot fucking on!

• 2 weeks later...

So glad football is back!!! Watched Wisconsin vs UNLV last night, can't really tell if Wisky is that good or if UNLV is really that bad. There are a couple good games tomorrow night with atleast 1 top 5 team going down.

Interested in seeing what OSU looks like as well

BTW with A&M to the SEC happening the conference supposedly has offers out to WVU, VT, Mizzou, Oklahoma and NC State. First team to accept wins. Have to think one of the Big 12 teams jumps at the offer since that conference is falling apart.

Excited to see Rod Smith A LOT in tomorrow's game thanks to the suspension of Jordan Hall and injury to Jamaal Berry. Good thing none of our RB's transferred out as many people were predicting. Our top 3 are out and we're still going to have 2 studs back there with Smith and Carlos Hyde.

Where did you hear A&M to the SEC at? Only thing I have heard is they are leaving the B12 but not sure where they are going, also are you saying the big10 offered those schools or the SEC did? I just find it hard to believe that the B10 would issue a statement saying they are not looking to expand further last week,now they are giving out invites like they are going out of style? If anyone is to join the SEC I could see NC State going, the others don't really fit geographically

No one thought A&M would leave Texas either though but then the Longhorn Network comes out and A&M gets pissed and leaves. Saw something about Oklahoma gunning for their own network now. And Okie St.'s big money guy, T. Boone Pickens, said A&M made a mistake leaving the Big 12 implying he had some grand idea for the remaining conference members. We'll see what happens.

LOL'd hard the other day when I saw TCU was ahead of us in both polls. Not sure how anyone could think a school like that would be able to reload after losing a ton of seniors. Yeah, they're in Texas so they get a lot of decent depth from leftover Texas players but they're still a non-BCS school whose success is reliant upon redshirting basically everyone they recruit.