Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Miller didn't play simply because we was either losing or up by 1-5 points. I would not want a true freshman in there during that situation. If you look up Pryors stats against Ohio he played 1 series, it wasn't like he came in and was a game changer...

You can't blame Joe Bauserman for the blocked punt, missed FG and dropped pass by Stoneburner. Had those 3 things not happened and OSU put points up on the board each time, then I believe Braxton would've played. Klein was a monster in highschool, but even when he was recruited I got bashed on a local forum about him not being OSU worthy. So far its looking like I was correct, he got absolutely shook out of his shoes on a 40+ yard play by Toledo. He took a good angle on a play and simply got out ran, it looks like he is jogging next to everyone else.

Rod Smith should not get a single carry the rest of the year, that is 2 times OSU has been driving that the kid put the ball on the ground. I hate the excuse of "oh he's a freshman", he's been a running back most of his life and suddenly can't hold on to the ball? Bullshit, the kid is timid, doesn't hit the hole with a purpose and has slippery hands. It'll be a great day when Boom comes back simply because he's the best back on the team hands down. Berry will get more carries next week, they stated that he wasn't in "game shape", I found that odd since he was in enough shape to return kicks.

If the same OSU team we saw yesterday shows up saturday they'll lose. If they can get the kicking situation figured out, the punt blocking fixed, that would help a lot.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller didn't play simply because we was either losing or up by 1-5 points. I would not want a true freshman in there during that situation. If you look up Pryors stats against Ohio he played 1 series, it wasn't like he came in and was a game changer...

You can't blame Joe Bauserman for the blocked punt, missed FG and dropped pass by Stoneburner. Had those 3 things not happened and OSU put points up on the board each time, then I believe Braxton would've played. Klein was a monster in highschool, but even when he was recruited I got bashed on a local forum about him not being OSU worthy. So far its looking like I was correct, he got absolutely shook out of his shoes on a 40+ yard play by Toledo. He took a good angle on a play and simply got out ran, it looks like he is jogging next to everyone else.

Rod Smith should not get a single carry the rest of the year, that is 2 times OSU has been driving that the kid put the ball on the ground. I hate the excuse of "oh he's a freshman", he's been a running back most of his life and suddenly can't hold on to the ball? Bullshit, the kid is timid, doesn't hit the hole with a purpose and has slippery hands. It'll be a great day when Boom comes back simply because he's the best back on the team hands down. Berry will get more carries next week, they stated that he wasn't in "game shape", I found that odd since he was in enough shape to return kicks.

If the same OSU team we saw yesterday shows up saturday they'll lose. If they can get the kicking situation figured out, the punt blocking fixed, that would help a lot.

agreed, that team plays like that in Miami we lose plain and simple, now I have to say those deep play action passes Bauserman threw were impressive and show poise, now if they can get the timing down that will be a nice threat against Wisconsin and Nebraska

Lol yeah I love how all the Michigan fans are bragging about beating ND. ND got beat by South Florida for fucks sake haha. Not to mention last year Michigan started 5-0, how'd that end up for em?

Some good games this weekend

#1 Oklahoma vs #5 Florida St (Oklahoma rolls)

#15 Michigan St vs Notre Dame (Notre Dame gets a W)

#17 Ohio St vs Miami (too close to call, depends on which OSU team shows up)

Lol yeah I love how all the Michigan fans are bragging about beating ND. ND got beat by South Florida for fucks sake haha. Not to mention last year Michigan started 5-0, how'd that end up for em?

oklahoma wont roll fsu, but they will win, osu will roll miami, did you see them vs md. michigan, well, a wins a win.

I will venture to say Oklahoma wins by 20+ against Florida St. Florida St just like ND was highly over rated for whatever reason. I watched the MD game, you have to remember Miami was without some of their starters. If Bauserman plays like he did tomorrow and OSU can't run the ball its game over. The problem with OSU right now is there is no home run threat, now maybe Jamal Berry is healthy enough to be the 2nd back to play which would be nice because he has the speed to go all the way any time he touches the ball.

BTW OSU dropped 2 spots in the polls after yesterday, but its kinda deserved since they played like ass

your talking about how bad nd is but you still think they are going to beat msu? i guess i dont follow your logic. didnt msu share the big 10 championship last year and they still look pretty strong this year.

your talking about how bad nd is but you still think they are going to beat msu? i guess i dont follow your logic. didnt msu share the big 10 championship last year and they still look pretty strong this year.

Notre Dame is 0-2 right now because of ridiculous turnovers. Think it was 5 turnovers against USF with 3 in the red zone and they lost by 3 points total then I don't remember how many last night but they had a bad one in the red zone late where they could have put Michigan away. If they ever stop taking their own points off the board they'll be decent. And MSU was ridiculously overrated last season. Every good team they played (aka Iowa and Alabama) they got embarrassed.

^^ Exactly why I picked ND to win, not to mention I really don't see ND going 0-3, they have a lot of weapons on offense and I don't think MSU has enough to hang with them defensively. I still feel Notre Dame is over rated simply because they are ND and haven't done shit to be relivent in the last 20 years outside of 2 good years with Charlie Weis. MSU didn't have to play Ohio State, got destroyed by both Iowa and Alabama. Plus did you watch last years game between these 2? It took a fake field goal in OT for MSU to pull off the win

Notre Dame is 0-2 right now because of ridiculous turnovers. Think it was 5 turnovers against USF with 3 in the red zone and they lost by 3 points total then I don't remember how many last night but they had a bad one in the red zone late where they could have put Michigan away. If they ever stop taking their own points off the board they'll be decent. And MSU was ridiculously overrated last season. Every good team they played (aka Iowa and Alabama) they got embarrassed.

they took care of Wisconsin and penn state with out a problem. is Wisconsin not considered a good team? i mean they did beat osu last year. dont get me wrong, im a u of m fan and dont generally root for msu but they definitely looked good last year.

as ridiculous as turn overs may seem, its still a statistic of game play and if i remember correctly they had 5 turn overs last night and michigan had 3

OSU should've beat Wisky last year but it is what it is. MSU has 1 good year in 20 years and suddenly they are king shit? They will lose saturday (I hate ND FWIW) but just feel that ND will get the job done.

if nd couldnt beat uofm im going to bet my home they get a beating against msu. i like um and msu is just a better team. um has 3 plays, robinson run left, robinson run rite, robinson throw a deep ball and if aint there run in the middle. its pretty simple. nd will continue to make bad choices becuase the qb's are timid cause they will get pulled quickly.osu will still beat miami cause they are a BETTER team. miami has athletes but no team

Notre Dame is 0-2 right now because of ridiculous turnovers.

I hear this argument all the time. It doesn't mean a thing to me. Coulda, shoulda, woulda, that's about what it amounts up to. "Well if ND didn't have turnovers they would have beat Michigan," Well if Michigan didn't have a ton of turnovers, they would have just smashed ND, UM had the ball intercepted in the end zone for a touchback in the 4th quarter.

Turnover argument means nothing. If a team is a better team they are going to win, regardless.

I wasn't the least bit concerned about the Miami game before this past Saturday. Now, I'm very concerned.

Was it just me, or did Ohio State look slooooowwwww? Toledo looked faster on both sides of the ball. And I'm willing to bet a Shapiro-sized amount of money that Miami has substantially better athletes than Toledo.

Agreed with whoever said Rod Smith should never carry again. Never again. Ever. We have waaaay too much depth at RB to give second and third chances to fumblerooskies.

Our special teams are special needs teams. They were instrumental in our only loss last season.

Hanging on to a floundering Bauserman while stiff-arming the athletic, dynamic freshman back up Miller is starting to seem far to uncomfortably similar to the Boeckman/Pryor situation. Does anyone need me to remind them of the massacre in Los Angeles?

OSU should've beat Wisky last year but it is what it is. MSU has 1 good year in 20 years and suddenly they are king shit? They will lose saturday (I hate ND FWIW) but just feel that ND will get the job done.

Agreed.

Michigan State is fool's gold. I would have paid money to play them last year.

P.S. Notre Dame is pathetic, and so is Michigan. Ideally, both of them would have lost simultaneously for having turned historically brilliant programs into Kansas States. That said, that was an entertaining game last night.

I too was overly confident about Miami up until this past saturday. I was at the game and talking to my wife and a few guys around us about how slow OSU looked. There is no playmaker on the offense, even Berry seemed slow. If you re-watch the game look at the opening kickoff. There is a lane on the outside, all he has to do is see it, cut back and its a home run, instead he hit the other hole and got tackled, it was still a 20-25 yard return, but could've been a whole lot more.

The linebackers for OSU are slow!!! Even Sabino looks slow in person, and he's supposed to be a stud. Tyler Moeller is not the same Moeller that was flying around last year before tearing a pectorial muscle. I think Christian Bryant will eventually take over as the starter at the Star position.

Johnny Bravo I would have to agree with you about the Boeckman/Pryor similarities, the only thing that helps is Miami is not that USC team by any means. If you go look at the roster from that USC team you'll see its loaded with NFL starters. Their linebackers were just a few guys named Brian Cushing (NFL ROY), Ray Malaluga (Starter for Bengals) and some guy named Clay Matthews Jr (I think he does hair commercials)

It didn't help that Beanie went down right before that game and we had no running attack to try and relieve pressure off of Pryor.

I too was overly confident about Miami up until this past saturday. I was at the game and talking to my wife and a few guys around us about how slow OSU looked. There is no playmaker on the offense, even Berry seemed slow. If you re-watch the game look at the opening kickoff. There is a lane on the outside, all he has to do is see it, cut back and its a home run, instead he hit the other hole and got tackled, it was still a 20-25 yard return, but could've been a whole lot more.

The linebackers for OSU are slow!!! Even Sabino looks slow in person, and he's supposed to be a stud. Tyler Moeller is not the same Moeller that was flying around last year before tearing a pectorial muscle. I think Christian Bryant will eventually take over as the starter at the Star position.

Johnny Bravo I would have to agree with you about the Boeckman/Pryor similarities, the only thing that helps is Miami is not that USC team by any means. If you go look at the roster from that USC team you'll see its loaded with NFL starters. Their linebackers were just a few guys named Brian Cushing (NFL ROY), Ray Malaluga (Starter for Bengals) and some guy named Clay Matthews Jr (I think he does hair commercials)

It didn't help that Beanie went down right before that game and we had no running attack to try and relieve pressure off of Pryor.

Yeah, definitely, the current Miami team is no 2008 USC. That USC team was arguably the best they ever had (certainly probably the best defensive team they ever had). Along with the 2001 Miami team and the 1996 Nebraska team, that 2008 USC was the best team I've ever seen. The point I was trying to make is that I don't want OSU to hold on to Bauserman too long (like we did with Boeckman) when we have a dynamic, albeit young, QB waiting in the wings. As far as I'm concerned, Pryor was the only thing that even remotely worked in the USC massacre, and I'm afraid of us getting put in another position where athletically we are getting dominated because we're going with Bauserman when Miller would give us that extra dimension.

I'm glad (sad?) that you saw the same thing with Berry on the kickoff that I did at home. I turned to Ashley and said something to the effect, "I think either one of us could have scored through that hole that Berry just missed."

My observations from inside the Shoe:

Running backs/Returners trying to be patient, following (running into the backs of) their blockers. Toledo loaded the box with the safeties and were shooting the gaps.

Single coverage on the wide receivers.

How do you beat this over agressive defense????????

Cut back. Hyde had many instances where he could have picked up some acreage if he cut against the grain, instead of hiding behind a lineman/fullback.

Quick slant. WHY THE FUCK COULDN'T THEY FIGURE OUT THAT A QUICK SLANT WOULD WORK LIKE A CHARM?

And in closing:

Miller should have played. Period.

Stoneburner was taken off the field too much. Even if he's just a distraction, he's still effective.

Dear Luke Fickell,

If we get another field goal/punt blocked, or a punt/kick returned for a touchdown, chances are it will be against Miami. Please make sure I don't have to say "I told you so!"

Regards,

Rotarded

Philly says he could play this week. I hadn't read anywhere that it was for the season but I did read it was a very, very, very bad sprain of an ankle he had tweaked already against Akron. Figured it would be several weeks but he's supposedly doing pretty well somehow.

Yeah Bucknuts doing some awesome reporting once again lol, thats where the rumor supposedly started. I too read that he is saying he'll be available saturday night, now if or if not he plays if another story. I just hope someone steps up on the offensive side of the ball and becomes a playmaker, they can't rely on Stoneburner to be the only weapon on offense.