Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Stoneburner tore shit up today. Braxton looks like another cry baby on the sideline to me. Went 3 and out then goes and pouts, doesn't put a headset on while the 5th string walk on qb has one on his head. I am more then happy with Bauserman's performance today. Less then impressed with the highly talked about Rod Smith, kid cannot catch a ball out of the backfield at all.

Play of the day was made by Evan Spencer, the catch that kid made was insane.

Auburn should have lost today, oh well they will lose 2-3 games in the SEC this year.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stoneburner tore shit up today. Braxton looks like another cry baby on the sideline to me. Went 3 and out then goes and pouts, doesn't put a headset on while the 5th string walk on qb has one on his head. I am more then happy with Bauserman's performance today. Less then impressed with the highly talked about Rod Smith, kid cannot catch a ball out of the backfield at all.

Play of the day was made by Evan Spencer, the catch that kid made was insane.

Auburn should have lost today, oh well they will lose 2-3 games in the SEC this year.

did you see Braxton's later drives? he did great.

I don't think you can say Braxton was a cry baby. You have no idea what was going on with that. Maybe he just doesn't have the experience those guys (Guiton, Graham and Siems) have with signaling everything in. He seemed happy after the game and spoke well of his relationship with Bauserman and seemed very sincere and practically giddy about having just played his first game as a Buckeye.

When Tressel initially resigned I was all for Urban. But given the way Fickell has handled everything, I say if he gets 10 wins I'd love him to stay. Would be great to potentially be set for 20 years or so.

I feel like I am the only person in the U.S. who would rather see Fickell succeed and keep the OSU job than have Urban Meyer come in

After today I think I would rather have Fickell as the man too. Urban Meyer annoyed the fuck out of me today, all he wanted to talk about was Braxton Miller, believe it or not there was another qb who played for tOSU today and looked pretty decent.

When is the last time you saw OSU blitzing when up by 42, loved it!!

Braxton's body language came off as a cry baby after he went 3 and out. If his name was Pryor everybody would be grilling the kid for that, like they did after the PSU game when Pryor was a freshman.

Oh btw Bicranium, any excuses as to why Boise beat yet another top 20 team from a power conference? Lol just giving ya shit, I think they will have a hiccup down the road unfortunatley kinda like last year with Nevada.

There isn't a team in the MWC that should even be competitive with Boise this year. They'll go undefeated. Just a matter of whether or not teams like Oklahoma, Bama, LSU, etc. stumble. Like I've said before, BSU gets an entire off-season to prepare for one game a year then the rest of the season to get ready for their bowl game.

And as far as Braxton is concerned... I didn't see anything wrong with his demeanor. Again, we have no idea why he didn't have a headset on/wasn't with the other QB's when he was on the sidelines. But can you imagine being as hyped as he was coming in and you get your first chance to show something in front of 105k people and you get to hand the ball off for a minimal gain, throw a nice pass that's dropped and your All-American, senior center has an incredibly rare bad snap that you have to hop on and you're done. If he was all smiles immediately after that then I'd worry...lol.

Oh and about the blitzing... the Akron coach did not love it...lol. Not sure if anyone caught it on the broadcast but when Fickell and Ianello shook hands after the game you could hear Ianello say something about blitzing while up that much that late was not good football but good luck the rest of the season. Fickell just kinda scowled at him as the little guy ran away.

After today I think I would rather have Fickell as the man too. Urban Meyer annoyed the fuck out of me today, all he wanted to talk about was Braxton Miller, believe it or not there was another qb who played for tOSU today and looked pretty decent.

When is the last time you saw OSU blitzing when up by 42, loved it!!

Braxton's body language came off as a cry baby after he went 3 and out. If his name was Pryor everybody would be grilling the kid for that, like they did after the PSU game when Pryor was a freshman.

Oh btw Bicranium, any excuses as to why Boise beat yet another top 20 team from a power conference? Lol just giving ya shit, I think they will have a hiccup down the road unfortunatley kinda like last year with Nevada.

There isn't a team in the MWC that should even be competitive with Boise this year. They'll go undefeated. Just a matter of whether or not teams like Oklahoma, Bama, LSU, etc. stumble. Like I've said before, BSU gets an entire off-season to prepare for one game a year then the rest of the season to get ready for their bowl game.

And as far as Braxton is concerned... I didn't see anything wrong with his demeanor. Again, we have no idea why he didn't have a headset on/wasn't with the other QB's when he was on the sidelines. But can you imagine being as hyped as he was coming in and you get your first chance to show something in front of 105k people and you get to hand the ball off for a minimal gain, throw a nice pass that's dropped and your All-American, senior center has an incredibly rare bad snap that you have to hop on and you're done. If he was all smiles immediately after that then I'd worry...lol.

Oh and about the blitzing... the Akron coach did not love it...lol. Not sure if anyone caught it on the broadcast but when Fickell and Ianello shook hands after the game you could hear Ianello say something about blitzing while up that much that late was not good football but good luck the rest of the season. Fickell just kinda scowled at him as the little guy ran away.

I like the job Fickell did, reminds me of the Cooper era when he would run the score up put 2nd team guys in and if the other team started to mount a drive and threaten to score he would put the 1st string guys back in just to keep them off the board. To me Fickell did an outstanding job even though it was against Akron now I'm really excited to see what this team can do :)

Ianello said something about him putting Hyde back in to get 100 yards rushing (per the AP). I don't think he realized that Hyde is actually the 3rd/4th string back

I feel like I am the only person in the U.S. who would rather see Fickell succeed and keep the OSU job than have Urban Meyer come in

Nope, I'm totally with you. I'm buying Fickell's stock right now. Would very much like to see him win 10 games this year and keep the head coaching job.

Some other random thoughts:

- Hey, look, Notre Dame is overrated - again. When will people finally realize this is a mediocre team? I've known this for about 15 years now.

- Are preseason rankings about the dumbest fucking thing you can think of? Being a complete OSU homer, I guess I didn't care as much in years past because we were highly ranked and I like that. But, really thinking about it, preseason rankings are stupid, yet they actually matter (given BCS). Can you imagine if the NFL playoffs were dependent, on part, on preseason rankings?

- I like Oregon and all (uniforms are always awfully awesome), but maybe it's time for the medial to get off their nuts. They can't beat anyone with a defense.

- I still can't decide if I liked or hated Georgia's Pro-Combat unis.

- The Boise/Georgia game was a no-lose situation for me: if Georgia lost, I could laugh at an SEC team getting beat by Boise; if Boise lost, we would never have to hear about them (or their whining) for the rest of the year. LOL @ Georgia, *sigh* at the thought of having to look at Boise sit at the top of the polls for the next several weeks.

- Here is my public apology to Bauserman. You did not suck whatsoever. You kind of reminded me of Krenzel, especially the way you scampered around effectively and dove for a TD.

Nope, I'm totally with you. I'm buying Fickell's stock right now. Would very much like to see him win 10 games this year and keep the head coaching job.

I mean, I just want that longevity again. Woody was hired when he was 38 and coached for 27 years. My dad only knew Woody as the coach from the time he could remember his first game until his first child was 4 years old. I want that for my kids. He grew up in Westerville, went to DeSales, played 50 games for OSU. I mean that is just the type of tradition you want to see in a school that says they pride themselves on tradition. Not a habitual job jumper like the Urban Myth.

- I still can't decide if I liked or hated Georgia's Pro-Combat unis.

I am still torn on their actual uniforms, but those helmets have to have been the coolest helmets I have ever seen

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/new-uga-nike-helmet.jpg

I mean, I just want that longevity again. Woody was hired when he was 38 and coached for 27 years. My dad only knew Woody as the coach from the time he could remember his first game until his first child was 4 years old. I want that for my kids. He grew up in Westerville, went to DeSales, played 50 games for OSU. I mean that is just the type of tradition you want to see in a school that says they pride themselves on tradition. Not a habitual job jumper like the Urban Myth.

Agreed completely.

I am still torn on their actual uniforms, but those helmets have to have been the coolest helmets I have ever seen

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/new-uga-nike-helmet.jpg

Still agreeing completely with you.

Had either their jerseys or their pants been black (so they wouldn't have had both red jereys and red pants - too much red, probably) I think that would have definitely made them cooler.

Oregon should have the best uniforms in the entire NCAA, they are the school in which Nikes founder graduated from lol.

I am with Johnny Bravo in apologizing to Bauserman lol. He played out of his mind yesterday and that was without his #1, 2 and 3 running back, #1 WR and #1 LT. Imagine this team when fully together, I think they could be something special, but then again that could be the homer inside of me lol.

I am going to be an UGA fan this week as they play #12 South Carolina, I just want to see all the teams ahead of OSU start losing. Nothing would make me happier then to see the Bucks in the NCG basically saying Fuck You to ESPN and the rest of the media.

Georgia's uniforms sucked. And the way they said Georgia on the backs of the jerseys like the players' names was dumb. Boise State's jerseys were pretty awesome. Their helmets were incredible.

I don't get why Urban would be viewed as a "habitual job jumper." He moved his way up the ladder. MAC school to MWC school to SEC school. Habitual job jumpers IMO are guys like Petrino and Saban. I think Urban would have stayed at Florida for a very long time had whatever happened with him not happened. He was only ever going to leave for Notre Dame (think he's smart enough to see that ND probably won't ever be what they were) or Ohio State (when he resigned at Florida the OSU job looked very far away from opening still).

He bailed on Bowling Green after 2 years, bailed on Utah after Alex Smith graduated and then bailed on Florida (Twice) after Tebow graduated, that is where the Habitual Job Jumper title comes from. I would rather have Gruden over Meyer, but honestly I think the job is Fickells and I am ok with that. I like the addition of Mike Vrable and Stan Drayton (WRs coach), now we just need a good offensive line coach and they are set. Give me LeCharles Bentley for the OL coach

If you think Urban or anyone else would treat the OSU job like the BGSU or Utah jobs then I guess go right ahead. I think there is a risk with Urban with the heart thing and losing his drive like he did at Florida because of his health but I don't think he'd leave OSU for any other job.

Georgia's uniforms sucked. And the way they said Georgia on the backs of the jerseys like the players' names was dumb. Boise State's jerseys were pretty awesome. Their helmets were incredible.

You dog Georgia's uniforms (terrible pun intended) and then praise Boise's? You realize their helmet features a huge ghost horse and the all white made them look like they were playing in long-john pajamas, right?