Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol yeah, i'd love to have a reason to rush the field on saturday but sadly I think i'll be busy weeping as OSU gets ass pounded. I know you read the scout board, there are some real fucking idiots over there. Wisconsin loses and suddenly OSU is the team to beat, like their some great team due to having a bye week and not losing a game lol

Was a great win for the Buckeyes this week vs. BYE. Only completed 1 less pass than they did vs. Illinois.

Lmfao!!!! If Michigan State beats Nebraska next week I will officially be eating crow about my previous statement on being fools gold. That'd be a pretty impressive streak of victories, 3 vs top 15 teams in a row.

Can anyone say ROSE BOWL??!!

:dumb:

I sure hope not, this team would get embarrassed by any of the top 10 teams.

3.1, whats wrong with Boise moving up lol, I am pumped that they will most likely end up in the NCG. Just need Oklahoma to beat Oklahoma State and Kansas St to lose a game.

BTW I think it'll be LSU facing Boise

Was a great win for the Buckeyes this week vs. BYE. Only completed 1 less pass than they did vs. Illinois.

LOL, flawless.

Lmfao!!!! If Michigan State beats Nebraska next week I will officially be eating crow about my previous statement on being fools gold. That'd be a pretty impressive streak of victories, 3 vs top 15 teams in a row.

I'm right there with you - I kind of feel like I need to eat a small helping of crow already just because of how well MSU has done. I've been calling them fraudulent all along, but fairly sure they're proving me wrong.

Isn't it weird how some teams just seem to have other teams' numbers? Like MSU definitely seems like they have Wisconsin's number right now. However, I've been saying since the very early 2000's that Wisconsin has had OSU's number.

I watched the Wisconsin-MSU game last night. Definitely entertaining, and I was pulling for MSU the whole way. I'm not certain though what Wisconsin's loss does for us - like bicranium said, do they come in ultra-pissed and motivated or do they come in ultra-flat and dejected?

P.S. Looks like Boise - that nerd we all love to hate - is poised to play for the NC this year. Bama and LSU play in like two weeks, and I think Oklahoma knocks of Oklahoma State.

Of course, there's always the possibility that whoever loses from Bama or LSU game doesn't fall below #2 in the polls (like Florida State back in 1992 [or 1993?] when they lost to Notre Dame when #1 and then only fell to #2 - only then to regain #1 when Notre Dame was beat at home by Boston College).

How nightmarish would it be for Boise to beat a Bama or LSU in NCG this year?

SEC = kings of the football universe

Boise > SEC

Boise = lwqdusd,jqw;rwah;djhqw;oq;wkhde;qhwr;oaih;dlkhqw;ori;qwra ABSOLUTE CHAOS OMG MY FACE IS ON FIRE BOISE STATE CAN BEAT THE 72 DOLPHINS FKJDSAGFIUWEAF;JHF;WEUHFR; AHD;KQJWH;EH

How nightmarish would it be for Boise to beat a Bama or LSU in NCG this year?

SEC = kings of the football universe

Boise > SEC

Boise = lwqdusd,jqw;rwah;djhqw;oq;wkhde;qhwr;oaih;dlkhqw;ori;qwra ABSOLUTE CHAOS OMG MY FACE IS ON FIRE BOISE STATE CAN BEAT THE 72 DOLPHINS FKJDSAGFIUWEAF;JHF;WEUHFR; AHD;KQJWH;EH

Laces out?

I hope boise gets a ncg shot, that way shit changes next year.

Lsu brings their share of fans and boise shows up with the band, 3 roadies and 100 students. Stick it to the bcs and ncaa right where it counts, the wallet. No big dollar game with boise in it.

Yes

Everyone seems to think that LSU/Bama would be a rematch in the NCG over Boise. However anyone remember 06 when #1 vs #2 OSU/Michigan ended up a classic game of the decade? Yet Michigan didn't get their rematch shot (wish they would've lol). I just don't see 2 teams from the same conference playing in the NCG. The dark horse in my opinions are Clemson and Stanford, they both have winable schedules to finish the year. Stanford has USC and Oregon and Pac12 championship game to get through and Clemson only has Florida State and the ACC championship game

Clemson already beat FSU. They still have road games against GT and top 15 Souf Cackalacka. Then the ACC CG probably being a rematch against VT. If they win out though they have a very sexy offense that will get people's attention.

Really don't think there's any way the voters put BSU in over an undefeated team from a BCS conference so Boise needs Clemson, Okie St. and Stanford to lose for sure.

Ah ok I mustve just read their schedule wrong. I do agree that a 0 loss league champion will most likely get in over an undefeated Boise team, but its politics really. The BCS and NCAA does not want to see this little school from Idaho beating up on the big boys in the National Championship game lol. I think Stanford loses to Oregon, the big12 is going to knock each other off so they'll be gone and Clemson has to win out which will be hard. I would love to have Tahj Boyd here at tOSU right now

Think we had the Boyd discussion earlier in the thread. It's crazy to see what he's doing and think he may have ended up here but with Bollman and Siciliano... probably be just as bad as anything we have now.

And it's not politics. It's the fact that people don't think a team that plays 1-2 real games a year should get in over teams playing 5, 6 or more.

They don't play anybody, blah blah blah lol. All they do is win baby!

Good matchups this week

#11 Michigan State vs #14 Nebraska (Can MSU really go 4-0 against tOSU, Michigan, Wisky and Nebraska in consecutive weeks?)

#9 Oklahoma vs #8 Kansas St

#5 Clemson vs Georgia Tech (Ga Tech can run the ball, can Clemsons D stop them?)

#15 Wisconsin vs tOSU (Wisky is pissed, its a night game where historicaly tOSU struggles, i'll be happy if tOSU keeps it within 10)

#6 Stanford vs USC (USC is 6-1 without being talked about a whole lot, can they catch Stanford sleeping?)

Upset pick of the week Baylor over #3 Oklahoma St

I'd love to see a few upsets this week!!