Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller still threw the ugliest looking balls today, so much for that small ball helping him. He threw 1 nice pass, which was the TD pass (btw I called that to my buddy sitting next to me before hand lol). Boom just proved my point that he is the best back on the team, welcome back!

Word is Carlos Hyde sent out a tweet after the game saying "guess I'm not good enough anymore, I think i'll just go elsewhere"....also Rod Smith has been switched to Linebacker supposedly. Next year could be kind of thin at the running back spot if Hyde transfers and the Smith rumor is true. It'll be Hall, Berry and 2 true freshman, (1 of which might not even come to Ohio State, Brionte Dunn).

Hey how about Meatchicken and those hideous uniforms being beat on by their little brothers haha.

Miller still threw the ugliest looking balls today, so much for that small ball helping him. He threw 1 nice pass, which was the TD pass (btw I called that to my buddy sitting next to me before hand lol). Boom just proved my point that he is the best back on the team, welcome back!

Word is Carlos Hyde sent out a tweet after the game saying "guess I'm not good enough anymore, I think i'll just go elsewhere"....also Rod Smith has been switched to Linebacker supposedly. Next year could be kind of thin at the running back spot if Hyde transfers and the Smith rumor is true. It'll be Hall, Berry and 2 true freshman, (1 of which might not even come to Ohio State, Brionte Dunn).

Hey how about Meatchicken and those hideous uniforms being beat on by their little brothers haha.

Hyde deleted the tweet and cleared it up I guess. Apparently they told him during warm ups that he wouldn't be starting. Immature but understandable. Boom is gone next year, I would expect Hyde to stick around

That seems like a me first type player, that is the last thing this team and university needs. Not to mention tweeting that after a game, I think twitter, facebook and all other social media networks should be banned during the season. Take it to the coach if you're frustrated, not the social networks.

Dee Miller blasted him on twitter:

"DEEMILLER15 Dee Miller

Let em go, he's replaceable!! Hate players tht cry aftr a win RT @Tf0620: @DEEMILLER15 where are you? Hyde is talking about leaving now"

That seems like a me first type player, that is the last thing this team and university needs. Not to mention tweeting that after a game, I think twitter, facebook and all other social media networks should be banned during the season. Take it to the coach if you're frustrated, not the social networks.

Dee Miller blasted him on twitter:

"DEEMILLER15 Dee Miller

Let em go, he's replaceable!! Hate players tht cry aftr a win RT @Tf0620: @DEEMILLER15 where are you? Hyde is talking about leaving now"

Sounds more like a 19/20 year old who was pissed at an inept coaching staff. The staff lost the players pretty early in the year. You have been able to see it in interviews for a while now

He's the 3rd best running back on the team, what more did he expect? Did he not think Boom would come back as the starter? The guy had 1100 yards and 16TD's last year, you don't just let that ride the bench longer then needed. Had the NCAA not suspended Boom for last weeks game Hyde wouldn't have had 100 yards. I think Hyde has come along very nicely and will be a good back, I think he just needs to shut up and worry about getting onto the field.

BTW he had 3 arries today for 8 yards, not many 3rd string running backs in the country getting that many carries so he should be greatful for the 3 he got.

He's the 3rd best running back on the team, what more did he expect? Did he not think Boom would come back as the starter? The guy had 1100 yards and 16TD's last year, you don't just let that ride the bench longer then needed. Had the NCAA not suspended Boom for last weeks game Hyde wouldn't have had 100 yards. I think Hyde has come along very nicely and will be a good back, I think he just needs to shut up and worry about getting onto the field.

BTW he had 3 arries today for 8 yards, not many 3rd string running backs in the country getting that many carries so he should be greatful for the 3 he got.

Dude, he was told he was the starter and practiced as the starter until minutes before the game. You would be just as pissed.

I doubt it, I would've expected the top running back on the team and a senior to come back and take my position. Its not like Hyde was tearing it up. He has 1 100 yard game this year and that was last week. Again I think he is a good back and will be real good before he leaves tOSU, I just think he was acting in a selfish manner and went about his frustrations the wrong way. I wll give him credit for taking the tweet down though. It was clear on the first 3-5 times Boom carried the ball that he was the difference maker this team has been missing.

1st run- 6 yards

2nd run- 8 yards

3rd run- 9 yards

4th run- loss of 5 (play got blown up behind the line)

5th run- 9 yards

I think Hyde will eventually move into the backup spot over Hall by time the season is over with. It just seems like he is complaining at the wrong time, if Ohio State had lost and Herron played like ass, then maybe I could see his point.

No far from it, but if I were hyde I would know my role. Hell had Boom never gotten suspended Hyde would most likely have been 5th string this year! He was 3rd string to start the year out behind Hall and Berry and Rod Smith was right on his heels til he decided he didnt wanna hold on to the ball. He should be greatful that he was given 5 games to show his talents, had Berry not had the hamstring injury then the off the field stuff and same with Hall Hyde would've never sniffed the field this year. Not to mention tOSU saved a spot for him while he went to prep school because his grades were too shitty to qualify at tOSU, he should be more greatful then upset.

I like the kid and feel he has played well this year, but for him to act like a cry baby becasue things aren't going his way puts him in the same boat that I have Braxton is. Me fist type guys piss me off, if I was a senior on that team I would pull him aside and tell him to stfu and just worry about how to help the team out rather then how to post a 150 character tweet

Hankins was "my guy" last year and he's really become an absolute monster. Roby was actually my first pick for "my guy" last year but he ended up redshirting so I went with him this year and again he's really showing well.

And I don't think Hyde should have tweeted that but I can understand his frustration. Like someone else pointed out, he wasn't told he wouldn't start until just before the game after Fickell had said all week that guys like Boom coming back from suspension would have to work their way back in. First play of the game, Boom is out there and Hyde doesn't get a single carry until the 4th quarter. Seeing that tweet especially after a win is pretty rubbish though.

And hey, that ball looked great on the TD pass! lol

Team has an off week now to get healthy and really put something together for Wisconsin in 2 weeks. Wisconsin still hasn't played a real defense so who knows.

yeah 1 out of 4 passes looked good. The other 3 were still ducks haha. I don't know if OSU has a real defense...they have a couple good D-Linemen in Simon and Hankins, a decent secondary and thats about it. The linebackers are the weak link to this team. The defense isn't my concern against Wisconsin, the offense is. No way in hell do we beat Wisconsin by only completing 1 pass all game. If the same passing game shows up in 2 weeks, it'll be ugly real quick inside of the shoe.

You watching the Oregon vs Arizona State game? Oregon is still the fastest show on turf in college ball. God they score quick. The linebacker for ASU is a monster but plays like a meat head with no control and cost them with penalties, but I would take him over the 3 linebackers starting for OSU haha.

Wags, much love, but you are a tard.

I think OSU is a legit top 25, regardless of record. I am talking top 25 NOW. Not top 25 versus Mich St, or previous. They beat Ill. They should have beat Nebraska. They can beat Houston, etc.

A top 25 team completes more than 2 passes in a game. Osu did not ATTEMPT a pass until there.was.7 minutes left in the second quarter. Stack the box and OSU is done, Zook could not figure that out. Miller can barely throw the ball and the recivers can't catch the clap from a whore on sorority row.

yeah 1 out of 4 passes looked good. The other 3 were still ducks haha.

1 was definitely a duck. 1 was an uncatchable laser but it was a spiral...lol. Don't remember the other.

Either way, I hate when OSU plays in Champaign. Anywhere in Illinois really (Northwestern). Always a wind tunnel and they call like 5 passes. My friend said they should have put Bauserman in against the wind. It may have helped keep his passes in the field of play. :lolguy:

A good coaching staff sets the expectation for their players during practice not in pregame warm ups. When you have a 100 yard rusher from the previous week go from a starter to 3rd string on game day you open yourself up to stuff like this as a program. This coaching staff is horrible.

And I don't think Hyde should have tweeted that but I can understand his frustration. Like someone else pointed out, he wasn't told he wouldn't start until just before the game after Fickell had said all week that guys like Boom coming back from suspension would have to work their way back in. First play of the game, Boom is out there and Hyde doesn't get a single carry until the 4th quarter. Seeing that tweet especially after a win is pretty rubbish though.

Exactly. He was told he was #1 all week, practiced as #1 all week, then all of a sudden on game day, he its till the 4th. Things like that will lose the team. Which in turn ensures searching for a new job come December. If Urban Meyer were to come, Hyde transfers out anyway.

I think - like Bob Davie kept pointing out during the telecast - that Ohio State's offense matched up very well with Illinois' defense, which is designed to defend against the spread, not a traditional, I-formation, north-south running attack.

Okay, so, I was thinking about how Ohio State got destroyed in the 2006 NC game against Florida, who's defense then was a lot like Illinois' is now (in design, perhaps not players): smallish, speedy defensive ends that get up field quickly and can defend open spaces. Now, is this crazy, but looking back, could have Ohio State fared better against Florida had they just employed an old-fashioned, I-formation running attack? In some respect, I don't think the '85 Bears could have helped Ohio State win that game against Florida, but it just got me thinking.

I think - like Bob Davie kept pointing out during the telecast - that Ohio State's offense matched up very well with Illinois' defense, which is designed to defend against the spread, not a traditional, I-formation, north-south running attack.

Okay, so, I was thinking about how Ohio State got destroyed in the 2006 NC game against Florida, who's defense then was a lot like Illinois' is now (in design, perhaps not players): smallish, speedy defensive ends that get up field quickly and can defend open spaces. Now, is this crazy, but looking back, could have Ohio State fared better against Florida had they just employed an old-fashioned, I-formation running attack? In some respect, I don't think the '85 Bears could have helped Ohio State win that game against Florida, but it just got me thinking.

They stomped down the field with Beanie and Pittman for their only offensive tocuhdown of the game..... what do you think? lol

Pittman averaged 6.2 yards a carry against Florida and only got 10 carries. Was a terrible decision by the coaching staff. There were tons of things that went wrong before and during that game but abandoning the run when Pittman was doing pretty damn good was a biggie. He had the 18-yard TD run to bring it to 14-21 in the 2nd quarter then the defense stopped Florida and OSU came out and threw 3 incomplete passes for a 3 and out. Didn't get another carry until there were only 18 seconds left in the half and OSU was down 34-14.

Another example of a team's defense being set up to defend the spread and getting crushed by a power run game was... Ohio State @ Wisconsin last season...lol.

Okay, so I'm not crazy then - there's some credibility to that thought. Wasn't sure if I was way off base or not. I remember us driving down the field easily when we got that one offensive score (and thought that would be us turning the tide, finally), but couldn't recall the specifics of it. Of course, by that point, I was already intoxicated...