Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Oh yeah I understand that, I am just saying that LSU still had to play in another game while Alabama was sitting there pretty much already in the NC game and not even playing for their conference title. I think if you can't win your conference title then you have no right playing for the national title.

Just think if LSU would've lost that game, the SEcheat would've found a way to beat the system and had 3 teams in BCS games (LSU/Alabama/Georgia). I used to be really against a playoff, but after this year and the SEC lovefest I am down for one if it means the SEC isn't crowned NC before the season even begins.

yea its kinda bullshit, one of the announcers showed some kind of idea he had for a nc play off and it seemed to make a lot of sense. it was like a 6 team play off

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way I would be in favor of a playoff is if it was League Champions only, no wild cards, none of that shit. You have to win your league in order to be invited to the playoffs (atleast in my world lol)

I saw a stat that showed Oklahoma State has played more top 30 teams then Alabama has, yet they are getting no love

Said it before, will say it again, if voters and computers were the best way to crown a national champion every other sport would do it. As is, there is only one division of college football that does. I suppose all of the excuses thrown about in regards to FBS football players don't apply to FCS football players, or even highschool players.

Hell, Slive isn't afraid of competing, worthless ass, Jim Delany, is. The lack of a decent post season is largely the Big Tens fault.

I'm completely against an LSU-Bama rematch.

I hope Ok State gets the shot. And I hope they beat LSU by 782 points.

Fuck all these people saying, "But Bama and LSU are the two best teams right now." HOW THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW THAT? BECAUSE YOU LOOK AT THEM AND YOU LIKE THEM? Get the fuck out of here with that shit. I'm sick of this glamour show/popularity contest we call the BCS.

I was hoping that Georgia would win yesterday so that way - hear me out - that the SEC would get three teams in: LSU and Bama in NC game and Georgia as the automatic berth. People would have revolted: LSU and Bama would have played for NC yet neither won their own conference. I think we need a nightmare scenario like that for the BCS to implode.

Of course, LSU is going to win and everyone will say the BCS "usually gets it right when all is said and done" and I'm going to continue pounding Stellas and shots of Patron and cutting my wrists.

Said it before, will say it again, if voters and computers were the best way to crown a national champion every other sport would do it. As is, there is only one division of college football that does. I suppose all of the excuses thrown about in regards to FBS football players don't apply to FCS football players, or even highschool players.

Hell, Slive isn't afraid of competing, worthless ass, Jim Delany, is. The lack of a decent post season is largely the Big Tens fault.

Yup yup, that shit look like the tro-oof.

Fuck all these people saying, "But Bama and LSU are the two best teams right now." HOW THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW THAT? BECAUSE YOU LOOK AT THEM AND YOU LIKE THEM? Get the fuck out of here with that shit. I'm sick of this glamour show/popularity contest we call the BCS.

I was hoping that Georgia would win yesterday so that way - hear me out - that the SEC would get three teams in: LSU and Bama in NC game and Georgia as the automatic berth. People would have revolted: LSU and Bama would have played for NC yet neither won their own conference. I think we need a nightmare scenario like that for the BCS to implode.

Of course, LSU is going to win and everyone will say the BCS "usually gets it right when all is said and done" and I'm going to continue pounding Stellas and shots of Patron and cutting my wrists.

/titlegamediscussion

And even with LSU still winning, here's a beer in hopes that people wake the fuck up and realize that any team that doesn't play the final championship week has no business in the title game. I'm looking at you, Alabama. This game is going to be stupid, who has Alabama played? A completely overranked Florida team? Their only two credible wins are Arkansas and Penn State. And neither of those wins were as solid as Oklahoma State's win last night over Oklahoma, a pre-season favorite for the title. Give me a fucking break, ESecPN.

Yeah, I can't stand how everyone says "LSU and Alabama are CLEARLY the best 2 teams." And you know this how? Based on the SEC's reputation over the last several years you can infer that but you cannot know it. Plenty of people said the same thing about OSU and Michigan in 2006 after the epic #1 vs. #2 "Game of the Century" shit to end the season. Then the rematch didn't happen and we all know how it turned out. Who's to say that wouldn't happen to LSU and Alabama if they get split up against non-SEC opponents?

I cannot stand watching an SEC game on CBS. The announcers slobber on the cocks of SEC teams so bad that its ridiculous. I understand they are in favor of the SEC, but god damn its down right annoying. I watched the 2nd half of the LSU/UGA game (well flipped back and forth between that and the Baylor/Texas game) and I got so annoyed by Gary Danielson talking about how the only 2 teams that have legitimate defensive backs were LSU and Alabama, umm there are plenty of teams that have good defensive backs.

I am a huge Tim Tebow fan, but when I used to watch them play I had the tv on mute. I seriously think his balls we're dragging the ground from Danielson and the other guys riding them so heavily.

TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl it is for UF and OSU. You goin' down bitch. :gabe:

Apparently this is official now? Idk how I feel about this quite yet. Florida hasn't been very good this year, but they do have speed on offense which sort of concerns me. Not to mention the best and fastest LB for Ohio State is out of the bowl game (Shazier). I hope OSU beats an SEC team for the 2nd straight year (I dont give a flying fuck that they had to forfeit that game last year even though the NCAA ruled em eligible for it), that'd be the first time ever I believe that OSU has one in back to back years vs SEC teams.

BTW tickets for this game are $60 a piece, who's down to road trip lol

It sucks because Danielson is an awesome commentator. He was great on ABC in the early part of the '00s. Did lots of OSU games. Really knew his stuff. Going to CBS since all they really have is the SEC ruined him. Was sickening watching the 2006 SEC title game where he made a case for Florida to go to the title game for a solid 2 hours.

Lots of Florida people I've seen talking about this matchup for a week or so now think they'll lose. All depends on what kind of OSU team shows up. If the OSU offense from the 1st half of Nebraska/Michigan game and the defense from the Wisconsin game shows up then OSU should win. Obviously those are the best performances for either side of the ball this season.

Big 10 matchups that have been released thus far

Penn State vs Houston

Northwestern vs Texas A&M

Ohio State vs Florida

Wisconsin vs Oregon

Michigan vs Va Tech...lmfao wow!!

will update once more are announced

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl it is for UF and OSU. You goin' down bitch. :gabe:

I know :(

I cannot stand watching an SEC game on CBS. The announcers slobber on the cocks of SEC teams so bad that its ridiculous.

Agreed. Danielson is an annoying know-it-all that never shuts the fuck up, and Lundquist gets way too excited anytime there's a play over 10 yards for whatever team he is secretly rooting for. WHOA MOMMA!!! Shut up fatty.

Florida hasn't been very good this year, but they do have speed on offense which sort of concerns me.l

Don't be concerned. They have Rainey and Demps, but nobody else. Brantley still sucks and their receivers rarely get open. Debose (WR) and Reed (TE) have talent, but they aren't used right. None of it matters anyway because their offensive line is terrible.

Lots of Florida people I've seen talking about this matchup for a week or so now think they'll lose. All depends on what kind of OSU team shows up. If the OSU offense from the 1st half of Nebraska/Michigan game and the defense from the Wisconsin game shows up then OSU should win. Obviously those are the best performances for either side of the ball this season.

Agreed

Big 10 matchups that have been released thus far

Penn State vs Houston

Northwestern vs Texas A&M

Ohio State vs Florida

Wisconsin vs Oregon

will update once more are announced

Looks like B10 will lose most of its bowl games again this year. :(