Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

And to answer my question...no!

“We are surprised and disappointed with the NCAA’s decision. However, we have decided not to appeal the decision because we need to move forward as an institution." - OSU AD/VP Gene Smith

Yahoo is celebrating this as they were the ones that broke the news first about the scandal

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if an appeal is on the way from OSU?

I would hope so. Apparently, the Gator Bowl called OSU beginning of the month and invited them. OSU immediately called the NCAA and the NCAA said "there will not be a bowl ban, go ahead and accept.". Few weeks later they are handing down punishments, a member of the COI who had never spoke of a bowl ban spoke up and said "we need to do a bowl ban" and the rest is history.

And to answer my question...no!

“We are surprised and disappointed with the NCAA’s decision. However, we have decided not to appeal the decision because we need to move forward as an institution." - OSU AD/VP Gene Smith

Yahoo is celebrating this as they were the ones that broke the news first about the scandal

Makes you wonder if the NCAA was threatening more if OSU didn't promise to not appeal.

By saying I don't believe much that comes out of his mouth is somehow bashing? man you must be a sensative guy if thats bashing lol.

It is when it's baseless. Guy has about a 90% hit rate on his info and you toss something out every time he gets 1 thing wrong. It was funny to me, hence the lol.

Pittman and Dunn have already said this has no effect on their commitment. Bill Greene trying to get all the recruits' opinions right now.

Me and my brother in law are talking about this over on fb and he brought up something I thought was interesting. I am going to quote him

"lets remember that inculding OSU and USC, the NCAA has only placed bowl bans on schools 7 times. (SMU, Oklahoma, Texas AM, Miami, East Carolina, USC, OSU). Which means that if Miami doesnt get the death penalty, then this suddenly becomes a anti-trust lawsuit because of monopolizing, favoring certain teams and its own lack of control within the institution."

If that is true then wow

to all the people saying the seniors that were apart of this shouldnt play, you are dumb. point blank. they served their punishments that were handed to them by the ncaa and the school. yes it sucks osu wont get to go to a bowl game next yr and its possible they will have de commits. news flash, if you loose 2-3 recruits this yr, there will be more coming out next yr i can promise that. to those saying kneel the ball every play, you are also on that dumb list, why not go out and say eff it this is our last bowl game for a while, lets beat the dog shit out of fla, run the score up and give the middle finger to the world. did usc kneel the ball every play for the past 2-3 yrs? no, go out there play your ass off and get better. realistically, they werent winning a nc next yr, so get over it. ruin other teams season, and play michigan like it is a nc, because it will be osu's biggest game. whiney ass men, that have nothing to do with the school and nothing to do with the situation crying over a team that wont get 1/2 more games next yr. bigger life issues besides ohio state football.... GO BLUE!!!!

I think OSU should schedule a 13th game with Hawaii next year in December. The same weekend as the Championship game LOL

BEST IDEA SO FAR.... make it the game on the 15th wk. get rid of one of the lame duck pre confrence games that mean nothing

Phil do you not read? I posted those from what I read over on scout...no one on here was saying those things...

read back the past 2 pgs from when the punishment was released. it was said by members on the board.... and you need a life, your on the buckeyes nut sack like pubic hair. dudes that sit on buckeye nuts, scout, ect have 0 life.

read back the past 2 pgs from when the punishment was released. it was said by members on the board.... and you need a life, your on the buckeyes nut sack like pubic hair. dudes that sit on buckeye nuts, scout, ect have 0 life.

And your an angry little man, go play in traffic

1 more edit cause I can lol

I do have a lot of free time now that I am out of school til the 3rd :gabe:

BEST IDEA SO FAR.... make it the game on the 15th wk. get rid of one of the lame duck pre confrence games that mean nothing

They don't even have to get rid of the pre-conference games. Schools are allowed to schedule Hawaii as a 13th game because of some NCAA law because of how far away they are. Would be hilarious but I like the idea of Michigan being the final game of the season and OSU/Urban going out and just sticking it in no lube wrapped in sand paper.

They don't even have to get rid of the pre-conference games. Schools are allowed to schedule Hawaii as a 13th game because of some NCAA law because of how far away they are. Would be hilarious but I like the idea of Michigan being the final game of the season and OSU/Urban going out and just sticking it in no lube wrapped in sand paper.

i still wouldnt mind booking a trip to hawaii just because

Gene Smith looks like a moron.

I guess Ohio State was fucked either way: if we didn't get a bowl ban, everyone would have been all crybaby mad about us only getting a "slap on the wrist."

I'm a die-hard Ohio State fan, but all of this shit is kind of deserved regardless of how you want to cut it. We shouldn't have sold our shit knowing it was wrong, and the administration never should have covered it up. Don't break the fucking law if you don't want penalized.