Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Looking like Tim Hinton coming in as Urban's TE coach is pretty much official. Sucks OSU won't have an OL coach though since Larry Johnson Sr. is going to take the last position on the staff as the DL coach.

Ever think maybe he turned down the offer since he has about 10 options, with supposedly a position at Maryland now being the top of his list?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is kind of strange to me, apparently the Pac12 and Big10 are in a partnership of sorts and have agreed to schedule teams from one anothers conferences yearly starting in 2017.

"The scheduling transition in football will be slower because of existing non-conference contract commitments. But by the 2017 season, the two conferences are expected to have a full, 12-game Pac-12/Big Ten schedule in place, meaning each Pac-12 team will play a separate Big Ten program on an annual basis."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7396843/big-ten-pac-12-grow-scheduling-partnership

In other qb news, Taylor Graham has apparently transfered to Hawaii.

the best thing he could have done really. Taylor is a good friend of mine and he hasn't been happy for a while. He is just too much of a prostyle to fit into unrbans system, that and we have b milluh lol

Its not like going to school in Hawaii is a bad thing, I mean most people dream about going there on vacation, let alone living there and getting an education at the same time ya know. Who knows, maybe he will go out there and make a name for himself and suprise people here

Will be interesting to see what Hawaii does under Chow. I mean, they did get to a BCS game under June Jones but that offense was insane. It got completely decimated in their BCS game but it was still very special. I don't have a clue what they've done since Jones left for SMU but I know Chow is a pretty traditional/west coast offense kinda guy. We'll see if he has some success there because the kinda crazy offense that Jones ran while he was there is the kind of thing you need to run to accomplish special things with lesser talented players. It's not like Chow is going to start reeling in 4- and 5-star players out there. Their budget limits them tremendously because it costs a lot more for them to host official visits than it does schools here on the mainland. It would be like OSU recruiting nothing but kids who live in San Diego or Seattle.

And I love the Big 10/Pac 12 thing. All these conferences were scrambling to get up to 14 or 16 and Delany and Scott just sat back and laughed while proving once again that they're a step ahead of everyone else. Delany was ahead of the curve on instant replay, his own conference network and expansion. Now he devised a way to get most of the benefits of a massive expansion without hardly any of the cost. Genius.

I dont think I would go as far as calling Delany a genius, he is one of the only ones against a playoff...

Delany is a Genius in making the B1G conference lots of money. That is why he is agains a playoff. It wouldn't generate nearly enough revenue as the current BCS set up. No one is going to spend the large sum of money for bowl packages if there was a playoff system in place because they are unsure how far the team will make.

Delany is a Genius in making the B1G conference lots of money. That is why he is agains a playoff. It wouldn't generate nearly enough revenue as the current BCS set up. No one is going to spend the large sum of money for bowl packages if there was a playoff system in place because they are unsure how far the team will make.

He's a cowardly piece of shit. Sports are played to see who wins. Delany is posturing for regional gain over competition itself. Also no one knows how much money a true playoff would generate because we've never had one. Though estimates are generally 2 to 3 times as much as the BCS currently. The bowl sponsor cities certainly don't want anything to upset their travel packages/tourism attractions, which is why they are all so vehemently opposed to one. That's why we have no true postseason, to protect tourism, makes perfect sense. I would rather watch a highly seeded buckeye team in the Shoe over paying thousands on a travel package I could give a fuck less about, any day of the week. Then of course, you also have to take into account how much money schools lose paying for ticket allotments their traveling fans can't fill. Not everyone is Ohio State.

Has nothing to do with being a coward, it's all business. Does it kinda suck? I guess. I like the way college football is right now though. It's really the only sport around whose championship contenders are determined by season-long greatness. Not a hot run at the end like you get sometimes in college basketball or any pro sport. From the first kickoff of the season your entire season is on the line in college football. You take some of that away (not all of it and maybe not even a lot but definitely some) the second you introduce a playoff depending on how it's set up.

Wait I thought you hated the BCS Zack or was that Tilley? One of you fuckers were ranting about how much the BCS sucked and I pointed out that about 90% of the time the real champion won the damn thing anyways hahahaha. I used to be so anti-playoff thats its ridiculous looking back, but now after this SEC vs SEC bullshit that was decided by who, a computer and some coaches that dont even watch the games, I feel its time for one. You could keep the bowl games for teams that didn't make the playoffs, or you could even keep the "BCS" gams, just make them the locations of the 1/4 finals.

Say you make it a 12 team playoff, you could have "wild card" rounds for the bottom 4 teams at say a bowl such as The Cotton Bowl. Then have 4 1/4 final games at the Rose, Sugara, Fiesta, Orange. I also disagree with "its a season long testement not a hot streak at the end", its been proven that if you lose early in the season you stand a better chance to make the NC then a team that loses in week 11. You mean to tell me its fair for the team that went 10-0 and then lost to its rival by say 3 points (cough cough Michigan/OSU lol) to not make the NC, but a team loses by 3 points to its rival in week 4 or 5 (cough cough LSU/Bama) makes the NC?! Whats the difference, a loss is a loss in my eyes. I don't really care when it comes about. If division 2 and 3 schools can afford to fly their guys from location to location for playoff games, there is absolutely no reason what so ever that the big boys can't do it as well.

^^ This is just a rough idea, but with some fine tuning I think it could be pulled off in a manner that makes everyone happy...unless your that 13th team haha

Wait I thought you hated the BCS Zack or was that Tilley? One of you fuckers were ranting about how much the BCS sucked and I pointed out that about 90% of the time the real champion won the damn thing anyways hahahaha.

Using the term "real champion" in any system other than a playoff is oxymoronic.