Anyone here wakesurf?

Nitrousbird

I want to get a wakesurf board over the winter (when boards are cheaper), but would be interested in trying it this year if anyone here has a board. I'd love to take someone out on the boat that could give a little instruction on it as I've only observed it from others passing by wake surfing.

Boat isn't really set up for it yet - I could fill my front ballast, locker ballast and throw my other locker ballast on the surf side. I will be doing some changes over the winter that should make for a much better surfing setup (bigger locker tanks, Perfect Pass, wakesurf board rack, maybe a ski-locker tank).

I would just like to try it out before the end of the year. It looks really fun, and I think I might be able to get my wife into it as she doesn't seem too keen on wakeboarding, or at least not keen on falling on a wakeboard @ speed (where 10-11MPH wake surfing is an easier fall).

I am not great at it but I was able to go without a rope last year. I have only surfed twice this year as I had a baby this summer. I am looking to take the boat out a bit more before the end of the year and you are welcome to come. My buddy that goes with me is quite a bit better than me as well and he would come.

I am not great at it but I was able to go without a rope last year. I have only surfed twice this year as I had a baby this summer. I am looking to take the boat out a bit more before the end of the year and you are welcome to come. My buddy that goes with me is quite a bit better than me as well and he would come.

PM me the next time you plan to go out and surf - I'd love to try it.

I have a skurfer(google it) but I dont think its the same thing:lolguy:

That looks like an old-school version of wake skating (which I've seen a couple guys on Griggs do well at, but it looks HARD).

i could be wrong, but i swear i heard grant (gmoney) last year talking about doing this up on erie

You are probably wrong. You can only safely wake surf behind a jet boat or inboard (and Jet boats suck at it), and most people with inboards have no desire to go on the chop that is Erie. Possible I guess, but it is a calm-water sport.

Start with a short rope and pull yourself in as far as you can.

The closer in you are the less you will need the rope until you get the hang of it and can use the wake alone.

How do you take off? This is the one thing I've never watched. My guess is one hand on the rope, feet planted on the board, and other hand on the board to stabilize it until you stand up.