Post up your extractions

TTQ B4U

So folks who do editing know that extracting subjects and replacing backgrounds can be tough depending on the setting. However, once you learn, it's really a time saver. Especially when shooting models against a white, gray or green screen. 30 seconds and viola you have a new backdrop without all the hassles.

Extracting hair can always be frustrating. There are simple tricks to keeping it a simple task though. The devil truly is in the details.

Victoria Justice I would marry you in a heartbeat. :gabe:

Let's see what you've done. Post up some examples.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/137673617/original.jpg

Due to the fact that animated gifs are limited to 256 colors thus there may appear to be some pixelation not all the fine details of hair that were able to be retained are easily seen.

If you wish to see the images static follow these links:

Image 1: Blue Background

Image 2: Brown Background

Edited by TTQ B4U

She almost looks 3D on my monitor.. This pic is awesome, what kind of lens do you use? I don't know shit about cameras, but it really seemed to capture a lot of the fine detail, like her hair.

The photo isn't mine. If I knew Victoria Justice, believe me, I'd have marriage issues :masturboy: Wish I could take credit for it but it's not mine. I just simply used it to show as an example of fine hair extraction.

However since you pointed it out, the reason for the quality is the lighting. Photography = Painting with light.

So how all do you do that? special plug in? I did a photoshoot with a black background with the intent of changing it, but I just can't get it to look right.

Photoshop CS5 Action that was custom developed specifically for photo shoots.

For brown or dark hair shoot against a white or nuetral background. Blonde hair, shoot against a darker background.

Email me the images or link me to a large size one and I'll see what I can do to help.

Here's another:

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/137736350/original.jpg

Here is another of my daughter. I shot her with a plain white background and added a backdrop that is actually a photo from the net of a classroom :)

You may have seen proud papa post this photo before :o

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/129523069/original.jpg

Photoshop CS5 Action that was custom developed specifically for photo shoots.

For brown or dark hair shoot against a white or nuetral background. Blonde hair, shoot against a darker background.

Email me the images or link me to a large size one and I'll see what I can do to help.

Here's another:

So is it a plug in? Is it compatible with elements?

I use a chroma key paper background for things like that, but mostly it just sits in a corner since I don't really do portrait type work outside of a wedding.

That shot of Victoria looks like it was down with an umbrella/softbox to the high right plus a reflector panel on the low left. Just a quick and dirty butterfly set up.

What happened around the neck line there?

The person who took the photo had horrible lighting. I filled in the shadow along the right.

If you're referencing her surgery, I can not elaborate other than I know she had a procedure. Out of respect, something like that is not an item I would touch up without the client bringing it to my attention.

The person who took the photo had horrible lighting. I filled in the shadow along the right.

If you're referencing her surgery, I can not elaborate other than I know she had a procedure. Out of respect, something like that is not an item I would touch up without the client bringing it to my attention.

no I wouldn't ask about something like that. I meant the lighting there where the neck meets the shirt collar.