Ebay buyer claims he didn't get his package - what would you?

Nitrousbird

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just went through the same type of situation. I sold my exhaust manifold to a Guy in new your. Shop it on Aug 10 via usps with tracking and insurance. Well September 2nd cones still doesn't have the package. He files a claim with PayPal , they instntly withdrew funds. Finally usps ships it to him on September 6th. He never calls PayPal or anything letting them know he's received the part. I call PayPal, turns out over $250 they need delivery confirmation. They try to contact him no luck. Finally I calked in 2x a try made 2 more attempts to call him. They get ahold of him the second time luckily. Had they nor got ahold of jim I would of been sol for $600.

Proof. Read. Fuck.

:fuuuu:

I dont work through pay pal anymore, i want a money order or cashiers check. The second someone files a claim through pay pal they withdraw funds. There has to be something illegal with this practice.

Works both ways, I am glad they have this system because it has always worked in my favor

+1 for always get tracking

OP just leave the case open for two weeks. If the buyer opens a paypal claim then you have proof it was shipped, which is usually all you need to win the case. IDC about ebay rating, I don't have 100% feedback yet people still buy from me :lolguy:

eBay is going to shit.

- The fees are too damn high.

- I have been a member for over a decade and PayPal still holds funds for 21 days. Yes, you can get it sooner but you have to go through a ton of hoops including the buyer leaving positive feedback which often times they never do even if you hound them.

- If you go through their shipping system with USPS or UPS they withdraw the funds from the sale to cover shipping and you can't even figure in materials, etc if you want.

- As a seller you cannot leave a buyer negative feedback! So as a buyer you can bid and win on whatever you like and NEVER PAY because sellers have NO recourse. I keep getting burned by this. It's like every person from bumfuck countries bid and win stuff and never pay when they realize shipping is going to cost a ton. I always say shipping to the US only and nobody pays attention to it.

Paypal ALWAYS sides with the buyer. On the recipt that you received does it have the address of the buyer on it? If so, scan it, send it to paypal with the claim that he is trying to scam you. From the conversation you had with the dude he sounds sketchy. Just his tone sounds like one of those people on craigslist that try to sell you their 2008 BMW for 4000.

eBay is going to shit.

- I have been a member for over a decade and PayPal still holds funds for 21 days. Yes, you can get it sooner but you have to go through a ton of hoops including the buyer leaving positive feedback which often times they never do even if you hound them.

- If you go through their shipping system with USPS or UPS they withdraw the funds from the sale to cover shipping and you can't even figure in materials, etc if you want.

- As a seller you cannot leave a buyer negative feedback! So as a buyer you can bid and win on whatever you like and NEVER PAY because sellers have NO recourse. I keep getting burned by this. It's like every person from bumfuck countries bid and win stuff and never pay when they realize shipping is going to cost a ton. I always say shipping to the US only and nobody pays attention to it.

Are you sure about this? I thought you could leave buyers no-paying notices. That was about 3 or 4 years ago, mind you.

eBay is going to shit.

I agree that the fees are a tad high. But far as selling to other countries, when you list an auction, you can set specific criteria so where if they don't fit your criteria, ie live in other countries, then they can't even bid on your auction. I do it all the time.

I agree that the fees are a tad high. But far as selling to other countries, when you list an auction, you can set specific criteria so where if they don't fit your criteria, ie live in other countries, then they can't even bid on your auction. I do it all the time.

I always list with "no international shipping" but I do see that you can go further and exclude certain continents/areas as well. I will try that out thanks.

Then you're doing something wrong. I get my money the moment it's sent, I've never had paypal hold funds ever and I use it daily.

Are you sure about this? I thought you could leave buyers no-paying notices. That was about 3 or 4 years ago, mind you.

As a high volume seller, I concur that everything slants toward the buyer, even when they're obviously shady fucks. I have lost countless CC reversals because they don't give a shit. If they lose money, you can bet you will too. For any hope of their so called "buyer Protection" you better have tracking and be shipping to their registered address or you're SOL right out of the gate. Also, if it's over $200 you're much more likely to lose.

As for feedback, he's right that the seller can no longer leave negative feedback for a buyer at all. The only "negative" thing you can do as a seller is file non-paying bidder claim if they don't pay, which if they rule in your favor (good luck) will leave a negative strike against the buyer (-1 feedback). It's utter bullshit.

If I weren't obligated to, I would have nothing to do with eBay. It's not worth the headaches as a seller and it's full of people who are either terrible communicators or outright shady.

Then you're doing something wrong. I get my money the moment it's sent, I've never had paypal hold funds ever and I use it daily.

I don't use it daily obviously. Never had negative feedback, never had a problem.

I just need more feedback I think. Hard to do however when people don't leave it.

I don't use it daily obviously. Never had negative feedback, never had a problem.

I just need more feedback I think. Hard to do however when people don't leave it.

Yeah I just sold something on eBay for the first time in a long time and the money was available instantly. Agree with the fees being insanely high though. No listing fee anymore (think you get 50 free a month) but the final fee on something I sold for $192.50 was $17. Nearly 10%. I remember selling my Playstation and Nintendo 64 on eBay in junior high for hundreds and only having to pay a couple bucks off my final sale price.

Yea I think ebay fees is 9% up to $50 purchase price and then 6% after that. Adds up quick when selling items. I sold a car part for $290 2 days ago, between ebay fee of $25, paypal of $7 or 8, shipping of $12, added up to $45 to $48 in fees which was almost exact amount profit that I made on the sale. That fees blow but at same time, it wouldn't have sold local or taken a LONG time to do so even on Craigslist or forums.

After all that shit, fees, Paypal, lost income due to shady fucks, isn't it just easier to sell at a lower price in a more reliable place such as CR or similar forums? I mean, in the long run you may make more on eBay but I'd guess for small-dollar items that its only a 1 or 2% net gain for a lot more headaches.

This coming from someone who has done business numerous times on CR and other forums and only bought one thing on eBay due to crappy experience.

After all that shit, fees, Paypal, lost income due to shady fucks, isn't it just easier to sell at a lower price in a more reliable place such as CR or similar forums? I mean, in the long run you may make more on eBay but I'd guess for small-dollar items that its only a 1 or 2% net gain for a lot more headaches.

This coming from someone who has done business numerous times on CR and other forums and only bought one thing on eBay due to crappy experience.

Yes and no. I do sell on Craigslist and forums and that's the bulk of my sales ( sales being like 6 to 12 parts a month ) but I've also found that I've been sitting on a few items continually so I decided to sell on ebay as well, and just bumped my set price up by the amount ebay would charge. I honestly didn't think anybody would buy it but people do...

And so far, out of 68 transactions thus far, I haven't gotten burned yet and only lost money on 2 due to my own idiocy on buying the wrong item. Should I continue and in time, I dont doubt it will happen at some point but then that will be 1 transaction with many many more successful and both parties happy after it. Plus I do my best to avoid and spot shady folks and had two try and sell me so far but obviously didn't know what the hell I was talking about when I asked specific questions about the item. lol

I stopped selling on eBay a bit ago. Not worth the headaches.

I am about to stop as well.

I have sold the same item THREE times and not one person actually paid for it. There are NO consequences to a non-paying buyer.

Here is the message I received:

Go ahead & relist the item! I bought anutha headphone for a cheaper price!! Thank u n im very sorry

I like how he decides he doesn't want to pay for it!