Celebrating Columbus Racing's 10 year Anniversary

dover

IIRC the actual time frame falls around winter time(end of november)? That might put a damper on the an outside event unless its put off until spring or happens early as in soon. IMHO a restaurant isnt the most condusive to everyone getting to know each other, finally meeting ect... We've all been there when a group of friends break out because their at the same end of the table and people who come out and dont know anyone get stuck by themselves at the other end. Although I do like the foods provided and like the idea of catering, but with a fee. Once we have a head count and someone throws up a design, I will of course be making the birthday cake,lol.

I'd like a nice event, some kind of party house or something, then take a lap of 270, then those who would like to drink can invade some bar. This should happen around the same weekend as the D42 track day.

Yes...

Now I can't help a ton with this Dover due to being back in school but here are my thoughts.

- Keep it simple, there are more flakes than people will show.

- Do it at some place that serves food and has a party room.

- See if they give the option of bringing your own stuff, or providing food for a good price.

- Pick something and stay the course

- You will never make everybody happy, if they don't like the plans they dont have to show.

Doesnt look like we have a date yet for 42.

The Saturdays in Nov are the 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th.

Doing it a Quaker State or Buffalo Wings and Rings or BW3 might be the most cost effective since we won't have to pay for any kind of space rental.

Rentaing a hall or party house can get pretty expensive. Its gonna be fricken cold in Nov however it only seems fitting that we do something race oriented. Trail's last day is Oct 30th. I know thats really close to the 42 Track Day but maybe we can get a deal renting out trails or something. Do some fires to keep people warm or what not.

Just some ideas.