New to the Darkroom

stealthmonkey

Hey everyone. I have been shooting for about 4 years now. I have two cameras

Canon Rebel XT DSLR (8mp, 18-55mm and 70-300mm lens)

Kodak Z812 IS (8mp, 12x optical zoom, bridge style)

Here is my photo flickr page. Comments welcome. I just like shooting around. This weekend I have two shoots with my local photography clubs, one a pinup model and the other is a civil war reenactment.

So here is my link to my flickr page. Let me know your thoughts :)

Geoff Locke

Welcome Geoff! Certainly looks like you have the creative eye and I love the fact that you shoot with both a DSLR and Bridge camera too. I do as well and often toss in shots from everything under the sun. If it captures light, I use it.

I look forward to seeing more of your work. Is that your Stealth?

yup that is my stealth a few years ago. I pretty much grew out of my Kodak bridge. I used it now as a back up or places i cant take my DSLR. I out grew my 18-55mm in one year. now i am having a ball with the 70-300mm. I love the manual focus on it. It is so much better than the auto on the 18-55mm. I am looking to get two more lens a wide or fisheye and a macro lens. I am just engulfed by this hobby. I usually spend my play money on lessons and shoots with the club. lol

I enjoy the fact that i am taking these shots with a 8mp xt when i shoot next to people who have these high price nikons and canons and they have no clue.. many teachers have told me its not about the camera but the person taking the picture. I am just at the start of my journey in this field.

Yeah I love that picture in the other thread with the couple and the windmill, did you set your white balance to amber or lighter contrast?

I would love to get acouple model shoots with my car maybe next summer ;)

yup that is my stealth a few years ago. I pretty much grew out of my Kodak bridge. I used it now as a back up or places i cant take my DSLR. I out grew my 18-55mm in one year. now i am having a ball with the 70-300mm. I love the manual focus on it. It is so much better than the auto on the 18-55mm. I am looking to get two more lens a wide or fisheye and a macro lens. I am just engulfed by this hobby. I usually spend my play money on lessons and shoots with the club. lol

I hear ya. Over the years, I'm more into photography than cars. Mainly because I make money from it. If I was a good enough driver like some here who likely profit from their skills, I'm sure I would go that route instead :) Lightspeed Photography came about thanks to my love of racing and painting with light/photography. My business started shooting autocross several years ago. I've been involved in photography for over 20 years now.

I enjoy the fact that i am taking these shots with a 8mp xt when i shoot next to people who have these high price nikons and canons and they have no clue.. many teachers have told me its not about the camera but the person taking the picture. I am just at the start of my journey in this field.

Absolutely correct. My pro body is an 8mp MKII and the 10mp 40D is my back up. I'll upgrade in the near future, but not until it will return money to my pocket by doing so. Thus far, I don't have a reason for a new body.

Yeah I love that picture in the other thread with the couple and the windmill, did you set your white balance to amber or lighter contrast?

? my brain is fried....is that my thread/image? link me.

I would love to get a couple model shoots with my car maybe next summer ;)

You supply the girls and I'll join you :p

Hey! I meant to say that last set you put on facebook was really cool.

Thanks man. Still trying to work my way to your level. By the way If you are free. I would like to get together sometime to talk about how you do your night shooting. Ultimately that is my goal is to shoot some of the galaxy's and such like you have done in the past. I am more of a fan of the milkyway. I want to do go to upper Michigan in the winter and take some night shots of the stars and such but still have no clue how to do it.