number of photos

Tractor

Looking good Tim. Its funny all this conversation of number of photos. I just had a lady from the past call and ask for a cd of images. I politely declined her and let her know she can go through my webpage and buy as many as she wants. Getting me the sale, and not the walmart photo center.

Looking good Tim. Its funny all this conversation of number of photos. I just had a lady from the past call and ask for a cd of images. I politely declined her and let her know she can go through my webpage and buy as many as she wants. Getting me the sale, and not the walmart photo center.

yes, but ill get the money up front, instead of waiting for that phone call. ;)

Yeah i don't sell prints at all at this point. I give some away in the deal at the bridal shows, but only Canvases. Its just to easy for anyone to copy a photo and make as many as they want any size they want. I remove the problem. they can take the disk to walmart and get all the crappy photos they want since they will do it anyway.

Yeah i don't sell prints at all at this point. I give some away in the deal at the bridal shows, but only Canvases. Its just to easy for anyone to copy a photo and make as many as they want any size they want. I remove the problem. they can take the disk to walmart and get all the crappy photos they want since they will do it anyway.

I only sell poster prints any more. The rest aren't worth it. My works is sold primarily as digital files.

yes, but ill get the money up front, instead of waiting for that phone call. ;)

I dont wait on the phone call. I get money up front for their sitting fee. The go online order what they want, I get paid again. Next year grandma decided that she really wanted that too, so they come back to my gallery, order another print, and I get paid once again.

Like the lady on the phone. She has realized that it would be alot cheaper for her to just some how get a cd of images and head to walmart. Walmart charges from 19 cents for a 4x6 and they can have it 20 minutes later. I charge 6.00 for 4x6 and it will be three to five days.

Im making money on them, after the fact, and I didnt have to lift a finger for it to happen.

The perfect example is the senior I just shot. 150 sitting fee for 2 hours, They just ordered 800 in prints. Shes waiting on her next paycheck to order again for her family. Do that with a cd. Thats my main point.

Force the customer to buy prints or media priced accordingly. Dont give your work away. You are only undercutting yourself. Being self employed for years has driven me to make every dollar possible.

Secure webpage, watermarks, and right click protection. Low-res on facebook.

Now I will admit the snipping tool in windows is pretty cool. Cool enough for decent 8x10's. But thats what the watermark is for.

Edited by Clifford Automotive
Forgot to add... but thats what the water mark is for