Roll cage questions

DaddyBuiltRacing

Sadly I have a feeling that my car is gonna end up with a roll cage in it at some point next year. With that said I am trying to figure out a few things. What ET's require what number of points in a cage? Also are swing out bars acceptable, I am a big guy and do not wanna climb over the damn bars that run down by the doors.

"Crossbar and rear braces must be welded to main hoop. Sidebar must be included on driver’s side and must pass the driver at a point midway between the shoulder and elbow. Swing-out sidebar permitted."

So swing out doors are ok after all? If thats true then I am cool with having the side bars

Word of warning, Cages and roll bars like this, the ones Jeg's sells, and any other "cage in a box" are usually bent out of ERW tubing which is illegal in most sanctioning bodies and will become illegal in all others in years to come. They fit like shit too. If you value your car, your life, or your money, custom is the only way to go.

Hmm jegs states in their ad "8, 10, and 12 point roll cages exceed NHRA and IHRA standards"

As for it being custom, it will have to be as I am a big guy and don't want it to affect my seat position. So the bar that runs behind the seat will have to be bent where the drivers side seat is so I can drive the car comfortably lol.

Ian can you pm me a price on having a cage done, the car is a 94 Integra 4dr with full interior, same thing goes for you too Leigh

Word of warning, Cages and roll bars like this, the ones Jeg's sells, and any other "cage in a box" are usually bent out of ERW tubing which is illegal in most sanctioning bodies and will become illegal in all others in years to come. They fit like shit too. If you value your car, your life, or your money, custom is the only way to go.

Oh I know, i'd rather have one fitted to my car as well but everyone wants something free now. The boxed ones are usually junk but if all you care about is passing tech cheaply, have at em! :fuckyeah:

I had to go look this up.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_ERW_pipe

Takes power to break shit...

Yeah this coming from a guy who tries to make lots of hp on stock parts:dumb:

You're not trying hard enough. :dumb: See you Nov 7th?

Shit I drive my car everyday go to the track often:fuckyeah:

And sorry josh wont shit in your thread.

11.49 you need a min of a 5pt roll bar, it is legal to 10.00. Most just go ahead and add the passenger side door bar, making it a 6pt.

Yes swing outs are legal.

Bolt in kits are legal too, "IF" Crossbar and rear braces must be welded to main hoop. the rear down bars are usually sleave with a bolt through it. that is not legal. You can remove the bolt and weld the bolt hole closed to make it legal.