Why do kids have to be so dumb?

wnaplay1647545503

My youngest son(13) had some friends over to check out the new MW3 game and they decided to go out back to play basketball. One of his friends asked if he could shoot the BBgun we have and he was told not today. We often let the kids shoot it at an area they cant hurt anything. 10 mins after being told no the kid comes back into the house gets it, stands in the doorway, aims and shoots a hole into my $1k glass backboard on my basketball court. Mind you this is nowhere near aiming at what we allow them to shoot at. Once again the money I could be spending on building my car gets spent somewhere else.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kids parents dont speak a bit of english, hes a decent kid and I know the second I say something about it to them they will never let him back over here. Not sure if they have any money, they have a decent house but the dad drives a cab and the mom doesnt work. How he affords the house he has on a cab drivers budget is beyond me.

The kids parents dont speak a bit of english, hes a decent kid and I know the second I say something about it to them they will never let him back over here. Not sure if they have any money, they have a decent house but the dad drives a cab and the mom doesnt work. How he affords the house he has on a cab drivers budget is beyond me.

Maybe that would be a good thing... The kid enters your house and takes something that isn't his AFTER you said no. Then he causes you financial loss. If they live in a house, they hopefully have homeowners/renters insurance. That is what will pay for the damage caused by the kid. I've kicked kids out of my house for way less. They could come back with an "i'm sorry". Only got one kid to ever care enough to say it after the fact. Weeding out those bad apples turned out to be a good thing for my son. :)

Good luck!

somali? if so, i have heard they don't pay taxes on account of being "refugees"

wait.. do you have thier parents permission to let them shoot guns? (even just a bbgun?)

I'd be pissed if i found out my kid was shooting guns and i didnt know about it.

This is why I love CR.

We gets all points of view, even the abstract...

The point of this entire story is:

KIDS LOL

:dumb:

Sounds to me like that kid isn't coming over again, and your kids no longer have a basketball court for not stopping their friend.

This is what I should do, but then I have to stare at a broken basketball hoop. And my oldest son plays on it all the time also, not his fault.

Get plexiglass it's cheaper

I was thinking an acrylic or polycarbonite one but they arent as thick as a gym has and the glass gives it a much better bounce, reason I went with the one I did.

I tell every kid over here to be careful because I am not above burying them in the backyard and denying ever seen them.

All the kids parents have already given permission to shoot the bbgun, use the tramploine, ect... He's ethiopian.

Excellent. then kids no longer allowed to shoot at your place I suppose.

How is the kid reactin to this accident? is he remorseful?

I was thinking an acrylic or polycarbonite one but they arent as thick as a gym has and the glass gives it a much better bounce, reason I went with the one I did.

I tell every kid over here to be careful because I am not above burying them in the backyard and denying ever seen them.

quoted in case a kid comes up missing

The kid is here all the time and to hear him without seeing, you would think he's the whitest person ever and he doesnt wear a towel. I think thats a different country entirely. Hes a good kid and is the funnist kid you'd ever want to meet. Right after he did it my wife told my son to come tell me and suggested that the kid leave immediately. I was already having a bad day when this put the icing on the cake. He will be allowed back over. I know he didnt do it necessarily on purpose and I know he will apologize. Hell, they make money everyday right?