Good place for a new windshield in Cbus?

Franchi

Need a new windshield in my wife's 00 Sable I think, old one isn't cracked but we got some major water leakage on floorboards and I've checked the cowl and doesn't look like it's coming from there. Read online that windshield adhesive can shrink over time, think I need a new windshield and where be a good place I can get it fixed one and done?

Hasn't been a big issue since we haven't used the car much lately but needs done now as starting to smell inside the car so gonna get Mudcrutch to clean the interior once I get the leak fixed. I don't really have time to check into it more myself, just want to take it somewhere and get it done right first time.

Verify the problem before you replace a part. I saw Safelite spray soapy water around the window and blow air from the inside out looking for bubbles.

We just have someone spray the car outside with a hose and have someone IN the car looking for the leak.

Got quoted at $170 for my civic with discount auto glass. That's tough to beat.

yeah, but they do shitty work. left my rear door open about 6" in pouring rain, the whole pass rear seat was soaked, and part of the front...its my beater car, so i wasnt as pissed if it was a car that i cared about, but to this day, i still smell mildew. never deal w/ them again

yeah, but they do shitty work. left my rear door open about 6" in pouring rain, the whole pass rear seat was soaked, and part of the front...its my beater car, so i wasnt as pissed if it was a car that i cared about, but to this day, i still smell mildew. never deal w/ them again

Wow thanks for the heads up. Hadnt gotten around to replacing it yet but maybe I'll spend the little extra for a company who actually cares about the customer

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Safelite on past Sat, turns out my old windshield ( not stock ) had seperated out causing the water leak when it rained super hard.

So didn't need a new windshield and was about $145 to get old one pulled out and reinstalled correctly. Not too bad and Safelite guys were professional. I'd use them again.

Safelite quoted me $200 to replace the glass on my 97 M3 coupe.....or (on their suggestion) 60 bucks to fill in with epoxy the blemish that made me go to them for a quote........not sure why I never fixed it

in any event, a guy I helped replace struts on his M3 in Dublin and who works at Safelite told me Safelite gets their glass made by PPG.........AFAIK, PPG has great QC so I wouldn't mind them replacing a busted part............this is all hazy in my mind though since these discussions happened in mid 2010