and Miata owners get made fun of why?

Cordell

Four reasons come to my mind.

1) I think part of it's jealousy -- it's a very fun car for little money. Lots of us spend much more on cars that we don't enjoy driving as much as you enjoy your Miata.

2) People hate on cars they see as wannabe cars. Plymouth Prowlers, Toyota FJ Cruisers, PT Cruisers, New Beetles, and Mini Coopers are all fine cars in their own right, but they connote something more to those who remember the "originals." Miata's harken back to the British roadster. Truth is, the Japanese have made a better British roadster than the British ever did.

3) It's a strange group of owners. We've all seen the retired couples motoring around in their shiny Miatas with the tops down, Hawaiian shirts, straw hats, headscarves, big sunglasses, gray hair blowing in the breeze, looking like they're having the time of their lives. They should stop acting like they're teenagers and just stay in their retirement villages, playing bridge. How dare they take to the roads with heedless abandon.

4) Eman

Four reasons come to my mind.

1) I think part of it's jealousy -- it's a very fun car for little money. Lots of us spend much more on cars that we don't enjoy driving as much as you enjoy your Miata.

2) People hate on cars they see as wannabe cars. Plymouth Prowlers, Toyota FJ Cruisers, PT Cruisers, New Beetles, and Mini Coopers are all fine cars in their own right, but they connote something more to those who remember the "originals." Miata's harken back to the British roadster. Truth is, the Japanese have made a better British roadster than the British ever did.

3) It's a strange group of owners. We've all seen the retired couples motoring around in their shiny Miatas with the tops down, Hawaiian shirts, straw hats, headscarves, big sunglasses, gray hair blowing in the breeze, looking like they're having the time of their lives. They should stop acting like they're teenagers and just stay in their retirement villages, playing bridge. How dare they take to the roads with heedless abandon.

4) Eman

:lol: