Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Yeah, Shazier was pretty thin last year but still played like a beast when he finally got on the field. Think they said he's put on at least 17lbs. of muscle. Loved when he called out Sabino in the circle drill then just demolished him.

Should still be getting another commitment today from Mike Heuerman. Maybe not though as it's getting kinda late but everyone's been waiting for it.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heuerman now looking less likely...lol. Gotta love people trying to predict what teenagers are thinking. They've already got Baugh so if they really want another TE and Heuerman goes ND or Miami then maybe they can go back to the NC cookie jar and get back in on Josh McNeil (was supposed to be here for the spring game but was planning on riding up with Jamal Marcus then Marcus got a plane ticket instead and McNeil couldn't). Don't know if they need 2 but that's one way they could go.

And definitely think they want 2 QB's. There will be more room. Bill Greene on Scout said a few weeks ago he thought the attrition was pretty much done and he didn't see many more leaving but over the past week or so now it seems there is more to be expected between now and February. Lots of kids simply being recruited over because they're just not good enough.

Ah so we are Alabama now haha. You just force the ones that havent panned out yet through the door and onto the streets. Thats a very typical SEC antic, which is quite funny considering Urban said he hated the SEC recruiting tactics. I generally don't listen to the "insiders" as you can't really predict what a 17 year old kid is going to do. Hell half the kids we have "commited" could flip between now and Feburary haha. I honestly think Heuerman and Jaylon Smith both go to ND, strange since both their brothers are here at OSU. Guess blood isn't thicker then water...

Smith is definitely looking like ND for whatever reason. Heuerman was reportedly the biggest recruiter of Bosa and Anzalone and had told them and everyone else he was committing to OSU yesterday. Then Miami went to his school yesterday and spent a lot of time with him or his coach or whatever is allowed and now he's torn.

Sounds like Brian Bobek is transferring. Was the #1 C in the country coming out of HS but has had trouble putting on weight/strength. Should have been the starting center coming into this season but the new staff moved Linsley to center then true freshman Jacoby Boren passed him on the depth chart too.

Heuerman has commited to ND according to several sites.... I figured he would end up there just like Jaylon Smith. As I said in previous post ND always lands top recruits that leave you wonder why the hell they chose them. So what was Nevadas prediction on this or did he flip flop?

Mike told everyone on Saturday that he was committing to OSU. Apparently Scout (Bill Greene) even had the commitment article written with quotes from Mike and they were just waiting for his OK to post it...lol. So yeah, nevada had Heuerman to OSU on Saturday because basically Heuerman was committed to OSU on Saturday. In the end Mike just couldn't get around playing the same position at the same school as his brother. Not sure I get that but whatever. Marcus Baugh is great and I think OSU was actually scheduled to be at Josh McNeil's school today so maybe they get back in on him or maybe they just stick with 1 TE.

Mike told everyone on Saturday that he was committing to OSU. Apparently Scout (Bill Greene) even had the commitment article written with quotes from Mike and they were just waiting for his OK to post it...lol. So yeah, nevada had Heuerman to OSU on Saturday because basically Heuerman was committed to OSU on Saturday. In the end Mike just couldn't get around playing the same position at the same school as his brother. Not sure I get that but whatever. Marcus Baugh is great and I think OSU was actually scheduled to be at Josh McNeil's school today so maybe they get back in on him or maybe they just stick with 1 TE.

What's funny is that the ND insiders have said the exact opposite.

You gotta wonder if the kid was just playin the game

Players like that are not the type of kids I would want on my team as a player or a coach. Playing mind games during recruitment is absolutely retarded, I understand its a big life decision but cmon. I read that we're trying to get back on McNeils good side, we'll just have to wait and see what happens there as you said.

What's funny is that the ND insiders have said the exact opposite.

You gotta wonder if the kid was just playin the game

I don't know why he'd come to Columbus on Saturday and help recruit 2 top 200 players to OSU if he was just "playing the game." Everyone "close" to him in the recruiting process said "confused" wasn't a strong enough word to describe what he was going through. From all accounts he's a stand up kid and the reason he struggled so much with this decision was because he is not a kid who will be switching his commitment.

I don't know why he'd come to Columbus on Saturday and help recruit 2 top 200 players to OSU if he was just "playing the game." Everyone "close" to him in the recruiting process said "confused" wasn't a strong enough word to describe what he was going through. From all accounts he's a stand up kid and the reason he struggled so much with this decision was because he is not a kid who will be switching his commitment.

You don't tell insiders you are committing to their school on the same day if you aren't playing the game. He told ND insiders Saturday night when asked if he had committed to OSU he said "no, haha" and that ND was his "definite leader"

Bottom line is he is a kid making the biggest decision of his life, but all the reports from the 2 opposing sides were so contradictory I don't think he was ever anywhere near a lock for OSU. I get the feeling he didn;t know how to tell them "no thanks"

Anyone watching the draft? As a Browns fan I am pissed with the selections. First we took an over rated running back who will run behind a terrible line. Then they select a 28 year old QB who is the 2nd coming of Chris Weinke....

I would've much rather they would've dropped down, taken Floyd from ND and then picked up a RB and QB in the later rounds

Mike Brewster went undrafted, how the hell did that happen? Last year everyone was saying he was the best center in the country and a sure fire 1st round pick. Hell every "expert" had him going before Adams...He did sign with Jacksonville which is kinda cool since he is a Florida kid.

Boom to the Bengals

Posey to the Texans (nice fit)

Adams to the Steelers (another good fit and their future line looks amazing)

Shugarts and Sweat to the Browns via free agents

Brewster to Jags via free agent

The suprise pick of all Buckeyes was Nate Ebner to the Patriots. I think its awesome as he was a special team warrior, but wow still suprised he was actually drafted.

Brewster messed up by coming back. Loyal to a fault. Also screwed up by firing his agent right before the combine and hiring a new guy who didn't quite know what he was doing.

Withers visited McNeil on Friday and McNeil tweeted that he was excited for that. Now sounds like he may have committed. He might be better than Heuerman. Just weird losing probably 2 brothers of current players to ND (Heuerman and Smith).

Ah Urban, Urban, Urban...thats all I will say, don't wanna have a pissing match with his fan boys lol

I read your orig post and i think you didnt understand what happened. Neal told Urban he committed too soon and was opening up his recruitment, so now Neals scholly is back open. Neal can firmly committ to OSU, but they wont be holding a scholly for him till he does. Nothing was taken away from him.

Yeah, Neal let it be known that he was going to look around (LSU specifically since they just offered him) and Urban's policy as long as he's been a HC has been if you're going to look around, we're going to look around. Pretty simple.

I would just like to add that my Bearcats did pretty well in the draft. 2 2nd rounders and a third rounder.

I am still worried about next year's football season... 1) we have a stupid soft schedule, thanks to hte BE mass exodus that we didnt follow, and should have. 2) we lost a lot of talent at key positions.