Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

IDK, Hankins has been quoted as saying 1. He won leave unless he's the#1 over all pick and 2. He wants to win a championship. The way things look with the 2013 schedule I think #2 is very likely unless some major upset is pulled against OSU. Roby could very well be gone, but I think he sticks around to try winning a ring. Gotta think neither of them get a bowl game this year and the one last year they lost, I would like to think they wanna go out on top. We shall see though

Malcolm is in my top 3 over all favorite Buckeyes of all time!!! That dude was/is a beast.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw breakin news on the bottom line on ESPN that LSU DB Tyrann Mathieu has been looking for a different school to play at this year? I wonder what the deal is with that, kid is a monster on a championship caliber team, just seems very odd to me.

He was dismissed from the team? This is huge news for this coming season, speculation is he failed his 3rd drug test

Apparently TE Jake Stoneburner has been moved to WR, he played that position in highschool. Leads me to belive that the current WR's are not playmakers as I suggested over and over last year...

Brandon Castel ‏ @ BCastOZone

Meyer said Stoneburner working primarily with WR's. "We have 2 pretty good TE's in Heuerman and Vannett."

Ari Wasserman ‏ @ AriWassermanBSB

Stoneburner will go over and help because Meyer is comfortable with the other tight ends on the roster.

Expand

Retweet

Favorite

8m Ari Wasserman ‏ @ AriWassermanBSB

Jake Stoneburner has officially moved to wide receiver. Meyer said the receivers are coming along, but they’re not “OSU caliber” yet.

Expand

Retweet

Favorite

Also read that d-lineman Adam Bellamy is going to transfer out which is strange since he was in the 2 deep and most likely a starter next year

If Bellamy ends up being done it's not about football supposedly. Just some stuff going on with him personally I guess that is making him reconsider football entirely.

Also, the ESPN All Access OSU stuff started last night. This stuff has to be good for recruiting. 5PM each night on ESPNU through Friday then some Sportscenter stuff on Sunday then all next week OSU stuff on CFB Live and I believe Tuesday night an hour-long all access thing.

Bellamy has left the team officially. Staying at OSU though and may return to the team in the future.

The All Access thing from last night was great. Really like Tom Herman. Knew he'd probably be a little strange since he's a Mensa guy but he's good strange. Talking about Ferris Bueller with the QB's in yesterday's episode...lol.

I like the new staff from what I have see, seems like there is more fire in the program then that last regime. My wife was watching with me and said "are they seriously taking naps" haha. I had to explain to her how 2 and 3 a days work.

In non OSU news, LSU db Tyrann Mathieu has checked himself into rehab apparently. Guess that clears up why he was given the boot.

Nothing solid. Been talk about the possibility ever since the PSU sanctions were announced. What's the connection there? PSU has 5* TE Adam Breneman. People were wondering if OSU would go after him again once the sanctions were announced and it was said that they would not but the reason was kept secret. Now Bosa tweets that and everyone is kinda like, so is this the reason why? Just winks and stuff out of the "insiders" I've read stuff from but it looks like that may be the case.

Would be funny if Bosa stuck with OSU, Heuerman switched to OSU and Anzalone was stuck at ND. For those who don't remember, those 3 were very tight on their OSU visit for the spring game and ended up in the picture with the pervert from Kentucky which led to Anzalone's switch to ND.

I don't think the medical reasons ever came up when he left. There were issues with chronic headaches in the winter/spring I believe then when he actually transferred out the medical reasons weren't mentioned. I think they probably helped him get left behind but just being buried on the depth chart ended up being the key contributing factor to his transfer. Thought he and Steve Miller were going to be beasts at OSU. Hayes is gone now but Miller is supposed to be very good now. D-line is going to be incredible for the foreseeable future.

really shitty situation. That chick is crazy. Wouldn't be surprised if its dropped.

Wanted to quote this for this post from an "insider" on Scout...

Storm called 911 and asked what he should do about getting this person to leave his apartment. He wanted to AVOID a bad scene as she was getting out of hand.

He was told he could physically remove her, as long as he did not hurt her. He removed her with a bear hug, and did not hurt her. She scratched herself for revenge and went to the police.

If he wanted to hurt her, he would not have called 911 for help in the situation. Had he decided to hurt her, she wouldn't have a few scratches on her face.

He couldn't wait for the trial to be exonerated. He had to take the deal because of the October date.

If OSU weren't in the situation they are in (under a microscope due to the NCAA shit) I think Storm gets to stick around and let everything play out. Now he's so far behind/out of the loop, even if he does get allowed back on the team (as he should if that story is even close to accurate) he won't be useful in any way really.

He could redshirt, he is definitley way behind the rest of the team both physically and mentally. He hasn't redshirted and it would give more depth at the LB spot next year, maybe he could take over Sabino's spot. Thats if OSU allows him back, which I too believe they should.

Wanted to quote this for this post from an "insider" on Scout...

If OSU weren't in the situation they are in (under a microscope due to the NCAA shit) I think Storm gets to stick around and let everything play out. Now he's so far behind/out of the loop, even if he does get allowed back on the team (as he should if that story is even close to accurate) he won't be useful in any way really.

If that quote is true, which seems to be so, I hope the bitch gets hit buy a bus.

"Storm Klein has been reinstated to the Ohio State football team by head coach Urban Meyer, but will not be allowed to play in a game until at least the third week of the season according to a press release Ohio State.

“As I had indicated previously, if there are any changes in the charges against Storm, I would re-evaluate his status,” Meyer said. “The charges that would have violated our core values have been totally dismissed. I have spoken extensively to members of both families and that has prompted me to re-assess his situation and allow him back.”

Klein, a fourth-year senior on track to graduate with a degree in sport and leisure studies in the spring of 2013, will rejoin the team but he will face discipline for his misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge. That discipline will include, at minimum, a two-game suspension.

More to come."- Newark Advocate