Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Urban won't be here by the time he even starts school (only 3 years away) zing! As I said (to end the argument) we shall see...

What linebacker do you see transfering? Again I don't see many if any....Sabino is a Senior, Klein is a Senior, Grants a Sophmore, Shazier is a Sophmore, Connor Crowell (redshirt last year?), Jordan Whiting, Jr (could be the only one leaving)

I say they went after backers so hard this year because well, after this year there would've only been 4 on the roster.

Man I remember typing up a response to this a couple days ago but I guess it didn't post...lol. You're right about them simply needing backers though. But Whiting and Crowell could be medical hardship or transfer candidates. Both had injuries which required season-ending surgery last season. Crowell's was a nasty ankle injury from HS and I haven't read anything updating that which usually isn't a good sign.

And tomorrow is Stefon Diggs Day! lol

It's all over the map with that kid. The one guy who has had good info before is all by himself and sticking to his guns with Diggs to OSU. nevada not touching it. Bill Greene changing his mind hourly. Greene was quoted in a Tim May Dispatch article on Tuesday I believe predicting Florida. But then today he found out Diggs' "mentor" will not be at the announcement tomorrow night. And Diggs' "mentor" is a BIG Florida guy. Mike Farrell on Rivals does a pretty good job with east coast kids and he thinks OSU is behind Florida AND Maryland. Should be interesting.

OSU scheduled power house Buffalo today for 2013 lol. Urban Meyer is definitley in town, what a fucking cake schedule for 2013 we now have :(

Vanderbilt

Florida A&M

California

Buffalo

Wisky

Northwestern

Iowa

Penn State

Purdue

Illinois

Indiana

Michigan

^^ There will be absolutely no exucses why tOSU is not in the NCG in 2013 plain and simple. Followed by the repeat in 2014 when the shedule is just about as easy

Navy

Kent State

Va Tech

Cincy

Purdue

Iowa

Northwesten

Wisky

Illiniois

Penn State

Indiana

Michigan

BTW I hate when kids wait til after signing day before deciding, you've had 4 fucking years to think about where you want to play ball at in college, just make a decision and move along. Alot of people are saying he is Maryland bound. Oh and Urban offered the #1 dual threat qb in the 2013 class in Tyrone Swoopes out of Texas (Vince Young/Pryor size and speed)

OSU scheduled power house Buffalo today for 2013 lol. Urban Meyer is definitley in town, what a fucking cake schedule for 2013 we now have :(

Vanderbilt

Florida A&M

California

Buffalo

Wisky

Northwestern

Iowa

Penn State

Purdue

Illinois

Indiana

Michigan

^^ There will be absolutely no exucses why tOSU is not in the NCG in 2013 plain and simple. Followed by the repeat in 2014 when the shedule is just about as easy

Navy

Kent State

Va Tech

Cincy

Purdue

Iowa

Northwesten

Wisky

Illiniois

Penn State

Indiana

Michigan

If Beamer hasn't retired by 2014, that is a pretty solid schedule. I believe Cal was scheduled when Beastmode Lynch was there. Sucks they couldn't keep it up.

Yeah, we get Cal this year and next as part of the great home and home's that were set up under Tressel. The game was scheduled around the time Cal finished top 4 in the country. There's really no difference in the schedule than there would have been under Tressel. But alittlelessordinary finds a way to complain and build up the "no excuse not to be in NCG" thing for Meyer already.

And lots of stuff pointing to Maryland. So if it's obvious then it's Maryland but if the kid is putting out a smoke screen I guess it could still be OSU or UF. Don't have a problem with him announcing after signing day, he had to get that visit into Maryland. Kids who announce after signing day for little/no reason bug me and the only one I can really remember doing that in recent memory was Bryce Brown. He turned out real good...lol.

Yeah, we get Cal this year and next as part of the great home and home's that were set up under Tressel. The game was scheduled around the time Cal finished top 4 in the country. There's really no difference in the schedule than there would have been under Tressel. But alittlelessordinary finds a way to complain and build up the "no excuse not to be in NCG" thing for Meyer already.

And lots of stuff pointing to Maryland. So if it's obvious then it's Maryland but if the kid is putting out a smoke screen I guess it could still be OSU or UF. Don't have a problem with him announcing after signing day, he had to get that visit into Maryland. Kids who announce after signing day for little/no reason bug me and the only one I can really remember doing that in recent memory was Bryce Brown. He turned out real good...lol.

I actually like the addition of UB, my wife graduated from UB for undergrad and OSU for Vet School. We will probably go and most likely throw a giant tailgate party.

As for Diggs, who the fuck knows at this point LOL

Yes I am finding a way to complain and build up the "no excuses" thing, you got me! I do believe several of you in here have been quoted as saying "they are playing for 2013", so by playing for next year and having a cupcake schedule there should be no excuses what so ever. You can call it what you want, I prefer to call it reality, fans will be calling for Urbans job if he doesnt win a NCG in the first 2-3 years, Buckeye fans are absolutely crazy (prob most crazy outside of Texas fans). I would be saying the same exact thing if Tress was still the coach, the 2013 schedule is soft! OSU will have a Jr qb with 2 years of expierence, lots of talent and depth...whats the issue here? The biggest concern for me is what if there is 2 undefeated SEC teams along with OSU in 2013? Strength of schedule will come into play and OSU will have what to use in their defense, beating the mighty Buffalo Bulls?

The Cal game was scheduled years ago, so I won't bitch about that. I have said it before "its a little hard to predict where a team will be in 10 years", much like the Va Tech and Oklahoma series that are scheduled for future years.

I feel a kid who waits til after signing day is a ME, ME, ME type guy, think Bryce Brown (as you mentioned), Terelle Pryor (we all know how that worked out) just to name a couple that come to mind right off the top of my head.

Oh are you ready to be shocked?! I read that Urban is pushing for OSU to install permanent lights at the shoe so he can hold his "friday night lights" event, I actually like this idea...gasp!!!

Navy

Kent State

Va Tech

Cincy

Purdue

Iowa

Northwesten

Wisky

Illiniois

Penn State

Indiana

Michigan

Hell yea, hopefully this one actually happens. And hopefully we still have a quality head coach, and hopefully either the BE is still an AQ conference and/or we have found ourselves in another AQ conference...

FML, I need a lot of Hope, Obama. :dumb:

Lol doh! For whatever reason I thought both were undefeated this year and then I realized, oh shit dumbass Bama had 1 loss lol. Either way the SEC and ESPN would push so hard to have a 1 loss SEC team jump an undefeated OSU team with such a soft schedule, especially if the 1 loss SEC team lost by say 3 or less points

BTW Diggs chose Maryland?!! Thats a huge whiff by the staff, should've had a plan B on tap because there really are no weapons in 2012 and in 2013 you'll be relying on true freshman such as Marshall to be that big play guy...

A huge whiff? They were lucky to get a visit out of him. This staff went from maybe a top 25 class to top 5 and in some places top 3 in a matter of 2 months and you still find a way to be upset. I feel sorry for you since you won't be able to enjoy any of OSU's success under Meyer.

No I am pleased with the class, I just wish there was a playmaker in the fold at the WR position. You show me one in this class or last years class and i'll hush, you won't be able to show me one though because they don't exist. There is a whole lot of possesion type guys.

By huge whiff I mean it seems they put all their chips on the table for Diggs, only to get burned. Wasn't that something fans bitched about Tress doing, only he did it with O-linemen...they got him on campus, great, too bad they didn't finish the deal (wait another thing Tress was accused of, not being a closer), but it'll be over looked because Urban Meyer!

I will enjoy every bit of OSU's success, I am a fan of the players not the coach ;) I am waiting on the "you're not a real Buckeye fan" or "you're a Michigan fan just trolling" comments to come out of your mouth next, it just seems like you're heading in that direction lol. I don't like Urban, thats not even a question lol. I do love Ohio State football though, enough that I will over look the guy patroling the sidelines while sitting in the stands cheering haha.

Here, I will do my best to get back on your good graces in regards to Ohio State football:

Dude did you hear they hired Jesus Christ himself? Yes I am serious, they really hired Urban Meyer. I am so excited to have him as the coach at Ohio State!!! Also did you see the loaded schedule for 2013 and beyond? I know man, I am so excited to see a real SEC powerhouse on the schedule such as Vanderbilt. No, this isn't a chess meet, yes this is for a football game! Hey did you see OSU scheduled the Bulls? No not the ones lead by Derek Rose but the ones from Buffalo. Oh you've never heard of them? Don't worry neither have most other people, its ok though, wanna know why? Because Urban Meyer!! Dude, Braxton Miller is jus a darker version of Tim Tebow, he's going to win 4 heisman trophy's before he leaves, Urban had a dream and in that dream god told him so!! 2013 Shock the world...wait that was supposed to happen in 2011 :fuckyeah:

Haha btw don't get butthurt, just busting your balls a little! Did we ever figure out a date to all get together haha. I will be the Skip Bayless of this group I can already see it.

Devin Smith is a playmaker. Evan Spencer can be good. There's 2 guys from the 2011 class there. The fact that they're on the roster is what made OSU comfortable enough to simply walk away from Neal and wait and see with Diggs. Really have no idea what to expect with Southward and Thomas in the 2012 class though.

Smith has pretty good speed, Spencer is a Chris Carter/Brian Robiske type where he isnt the fastest guy on the team, but has amazing hands (see 1 handed catch this past season). Maybe Philly Brown can get it together and hold on to the ball, if not then it could be another bad year in the passing game. I have read that Jordan Hall is going to be used in a Harvin type manner this year...

Reed is a wildcard, reports stated that he ran a 4.35 last spring, if thats true then homerun hitter issue solved lol

I saw him play in HS, dude has that first few steps that you need to be a baller

Found the pic of Reed from the Gator Bowl practices...

http://photo.the-ozone.net/photos/2011_2012/Football/11-12-29-FB-0067.jpg

No brace, no nothing. Pretty crazy considering the injury only happened about 3 months before that picture was taken. Granted he was probably just standing out there tossing the ball around but still.

Devin Smith is a playmaker. Evan Spencer can be good. There's 2 guys from the 2011 class there. The fact that they're on the roster is what made OSU comfortable enough to simply walk away from Neal and wait and see with Diggs. Really have no idea what to expect with Southward and Thomas in the 2012 class though.

I think what Josh meant is we need another Teddy Ginn. Like a play maker that can do more than just catch the ball. Jordan Hall has potential to be that player, hopefully he will step up big time under Urban Meyer next year. He probably should drop some weight so he can drop his 40 time back down to 4.40. But I am not that upset about Stefan diggs though, he is probably more interested in getting to the $$ than competing at a college level and winning NCs. I can't blame him.

Smith has pretty good speed, Spencer is a Chris Carter/Brian Robiske type where he isnt the fastest guy on the team, but has amazing hands (see 1 handed catch this past season). Maybe Philly Brown can get it together and hold on to the ball, if not then it could be another bad year in the passing game. I have read that Jordan Hall is going to be used in a Harvin type manner this year...

Yeah I hope Jordan Hall explodes his senoir year. Jamal Berry would have been a great Harvin type of player as well. But his dumbass can't stay out of trouble. I am glad Urban Meyer kicked him off the team. It is sad that he would have been a great addition to the spread.