Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Yeah Berry was in position to absolutely explode this year and decided to get his ass in trouble continuously, oh well shit happens. A Ted Ginn burner is rare to find so I don't expect a player to come in and be Ted Ginn, however I would take a Santonio Holmes type guy. Ive been reading things similar to this and people are claiming that Philly Brown is going to come up huge this year, lets hope he can learn to catch the ball first. I don't think OSU can rely on the running game solely this year for the entire season. Last year they were lucky to have 3 seniors on the line as well as Boom coming back (he was the best back hands down on the team). There has to be a passing game that develops or it could be another long season regardless of who the coach is. I am interested in seeing what kind of leaps Braxton makes from his Freshman to Sophmore season.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has to be a passing game that develops or it could be another long season regardless of who the coach is. I am interested in seeing what kind of leaps Braxton makes from his Freshman to Sophmore season.

I thought braxton passing improved a ton throughout the season. I think it is the WRs that needs improvement on catching the ball.

I don't think his passing improved at all, he still threw a terrible looking ball late in the season, missed wide open recievers in the Michigan game ect... People tend to over look these things due to the late heroics of the Wisconsin and Purdue games.

BTW just read something very interesting. Apparently Urban Meyer is not real enthused about the 2012 recruiting class, he stated that it lacks speed, lmfao!!!!!! He also stated he wants 12 explosive playmakers to rotate on offense, said right now there is maybe 6 of those types on the current roster. Again OSU needs playmakers, I see it and apparently the saviour Urban Meyer sees it

I just read another thing that says OSU has offered 7 qb's for the 2013 class already, good god lol

I don't think his passing improved at all, he still threw a terrible looking ball late in the season, missed wide open recievers in the Michigan game ect... People tend to over look these things due to the late heroics of the Wisconsin and Purdue games.

BTW just read something very interesting. Apparently Urban Meyer is not real enthused about the 2012 recruiting class, he stated that it lacks speed, lmfao!!!!!! He also stated he wants 12 explosive playmakers to rotate on offense, said right now there is maybe 6 of those types on the current roster. Again OSU needs playmakers, I see it and apparently the saviour Urban Meyer sees it

I just read another thing that says OSU has offered 7 qb's for the 2013 class already, good god lol

Well if tressle didn't over sign James Jackson and kept him on the team. We would have had another play maker. Maybe Berry gets his act together and some how get back on the team?

When Urban Meyer wins his first national championship at OSU I'm going to punch Josh square in the dick. Just straight fucking falcon punch.

Just stab him with your hair

Weren't we all supposed to go out this Wed or something?

Roflmao!!!! After a 2hr Chemistry class from hell I am glad I got a good laugh out of this thread!! When Urban Meyer wins his first NC here at tOSU I will be celebating like the other Buckeye fans around the world ;)

I thought James Jackson left because he wasn't getting playing time? There has been a lot of WR's transfer in recent years, thats why WR is so thing honestly. Just off top of my head

James Jackson

Lamaar Thomas

Duron Carter

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/JasonTomlins/Funny%20Pictures/1200267225490.gif

Bucks landed another committment tonight, 4* OL/DL Billy Price. Most feel he will play on the defensive side of the ball here, but is said to be talented enough to play on the o-line if need be. Thats 3 recruits in the 2013 class for those keeping track. Zack, whats the word on the # for this class, last I read it was supposedly going to be small like 19ish?

Bucks landed another committment tonight, 4* OL/DL Billy Price. Most feel he will play on the defensive side of the ball here, but is said to be talented enough to play on the o-line if need be. Thats 3 recruits in the 2013 class for those keeping track. Zack, whats the word on the # for this class, last I read it was supposedly going to be small like 19ish?

No idea, but so far so good. Two 5* recruits and and one 1*. That is pretty amazing start. Keep this up, we will still be in the top of the recruting rankings with a small class.

Yeah, Woodard will be in on Thursday. Announcing at 4pm via Twitter. Caleb Day out of Hilliard will be in once his grades are in order. QB Mitch Trubisky apparently has a real offer and is in.

There's actually currently only 10 spots left in the 2013 class...lol. There will be more attrition though as there always is. Will probably get up to around 20 total.

Supposed to be a DL and nevada said it would be a 9 on a scale from 1-10. Sharrif Floyd seems to be the popular guess but I don't think that would be very feasible. Can't see Muschamp releasing Floyd to go to OSU. nevada won't give a name because these kinds of things are extremely sensitive. I don't believe nevada gave out the position, think that came from somewhere else.

Hmm....would this transfer have to sit out a year or be a walk on? Reason I ask this is becasue we are already over the limit on schollies aren't we? Just read that David Durham is officially gone to Pitt.

Sit a year unless they had a grad school waiver

Hmm....would this transfer have to sit out a year or be a walk on? Reason I ask this is becasue we are already over the limit on schollies aren't we? Just read that David Durham is officially gone to Pitt.

He doesn't have to sit if he can obtain an waiver for personal reasons, like lets say he wants to be closer to home, coaching changes, etc. But ususally they have to sit.. lol