Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going for it on 4th down like that is going to become more and more common moving forward. There are a few very, very successful HS teams around the country who have been doing it for years. Just imagine what it does to your playcalling knowing you're going to have 4 downs for 10 instead of 3. Urban/Herman seem very stat-oriented as well (Urban loving the punt block stat, Herman talking about the 2 first downs stat a lot) so I wouldn't be surprised to see OSU doing it a lot too.

And I missed the SC game but from what I read Vandy got kinda screwed at the end with a blatantly missed PI call? Lots of people just saying it's the SEC protecting one of its top 10 teams as per usual.

Will be interesting to see if USC doesn't choke at some point like they did all through the mid-00's. They have admitted depth issues due to the sanctions (which will only get worse over the next few years) so they're already going into games planning on resting guys/trying to avoid injuries. Oklahoma is another known choke artist. And FSU just hasn't lived up to the hype in about 20 years.

I have no idea who I expect to be in the NCG. Not really concerned with it since last year's was such a joke and OSU isn't eligible this year.

Yeah I agree with the USC, Choklahoma and FSU comments. I think part of me is just praying that its anyone besides an SEC school. I have heard a lot of people on the WVU bandwagon and now that they are in the Big12 they stand a better chance to earn respect compared to the Big East.

Oh yeah my upset pick this week is Auburn over Clemson

Probably a pretty solid upset pick there. Clemson is never as good as they should be. Not sure what to think of Auburn though. Malzahn was the brains of that operation.

I don't think there's any way the SEC champion isn't in the NCG. It's all about figuring out their opponent. WVU would get run off the field. Oklahoma would ball up in the fetal position as per usual. FSU simply won't be there. We never got to see USC vs. SEC when USC was at its peak. I don't know just how good USC will really be this year but I tend to believe they could stick with an SEC team. Obviously no one from the B1G needs to be discussed. Bama is going to put up at least 40 on Michigan on Saturday and I'd say it's 50/50 that Denard finishes the game.

Game of the week is tomorrow! You guys ready for this shit? Yeah thats right......

FLORIDA vs the mighty BG FIGHTING FUCKIN FALCONS! Should be a close one!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-x90nduZo9c0/TmI_gyMOBYI/AAAAAAAADxw/GteDor6aa1E/s1600/DannySI.jpg

http://www.sportsgrindent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/florida2.jpg

GO GATORS

• Upvote 1

http://www.sportsgrindent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/florida2.jpg

GO GATORS

Illegal use of hands, holding, delay of game, illegal motion, excessive roughness, unsportsmanlike conduct, illegal man downfield, spearing

p.s. If she brings an ugly friend... Face masking :masturboy:

Welp Boise is out of the talks lol. If thats the best team in the B10 though, we're in for a long season. I really was not impressed by either team tonight

Thinking more about it, that was a good win for MSU. Yeah, BSU lost a lot after last season but so did MSU and this was 1 of BSU's what? 2 serious games all season? They do this every year where they have a "marquee" matchup or two where they have weeks if not months to prepare for one opponent. So if that's the best they could muster and MSU overcame what? 4 turnovers? Then that's not awful. Was an awful game to watch really aside from admiring the workhorse that was Leveon Bell but it's definitely not a bad win for MSU.

A friend of mine is at the Varsity Club right now. He just saw a T-shirt that read, "I would rather be in Sandusky than Ann Arbor!"

At least its wittier than the stupid showers one

I'm not a Michigan fan, but at least they had the balls to open a season against a top SEC school, instead of opening against a MAC school...

With not being allowed to have real pre season scrimmages, OPENING against a top school is pretty dumb. You need that scrimmage like tune up.

With not being allowed to have real pre season scrimmages, OPENING against a top school is pretty dumb. You need that scrimmage like tune up.

Michigan was the tune up... I'm a Michigan fan and I knew that wasn't goin I go well. What shocked me was how

Much bigger bama was than Michigan. Never have I seen big blue be so overwhelmed. They got best by a far superior team hands down. Hopefully everything else seems easy after that

Michigan was the tune up... I'm a Michigan fan and I knew that wasn't goin I go well. What shocked me was how

Much bigger bama was than Michigan. Never have I seen big blue be so overwhelmed. They got best by a far superior team hands down. Hopefully everything else seems easy after that

what disappointed me the most is al borges play calling. he kept on trying to run vincent up the middle and it didnt work but he kept on going to it. i would have loved to see denard run a lot more, not that we would have won the game because of that but i think we would have stood a better chance. it just seems like our play calling was to predictable with no tricks or surprises. i was really hoping denard was going to advance as a passer but its still the same old denard that it has been the last couple years except he doesnt run as much. he is still zeroing in on a single receiver covered or not and just lofts the balls up there down field.

I think a big problem was how well you guys did last year messed with a lot of your fans' perception of how good you really are. You had some special seniors on defense last season but they're all gone and Hoke hasn't been there long enough to really build up quality depth for your team yet. I heard someone post-game pointing this out and bringing Michigan/your fans back to reality... it's still going to take another year or two for Hoke and Co. to bring Michigan back to true national prominence.

what disappointed me the most is al borges play calling. he kept on trying to run vincent up the middle and it didnt work but he kept on going to it. i would have loved to see denard run a lot more, not that we would have won the game because of that but i think we would have stood a better chance. it just seems like our play calling was to predictable with no tricks or surprises. i was really hoping denard was going to advance as a passer but its still the same old denard that it has been the last couple years except he doesnt run as much. he is still zeroing in on a single receiver covered or not and just lofts the balls up there down field.

I think early on the playcalling looked pretty good. Denard just missed his throws which goes right back to what you said about him not really advancing as a passer.