could the youth of america...

V8 Beast

Function without the internet and cell phones?

How long could you personally go without any form of electronics? No TV, radio, video games, computers, etc.

I think the youth would crash and burn because America is breeding kids with very little survival instincts. They would cry and ask mommy to teach them how the library works.

On the other hand us older folks would find new ways to entertain ourselves and get information... once the withdrawel period ended.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't a second of my life where I'm not connected in some way, shape or form. Except for when I'm sleeping but even then I rely on electronics to wake my ass up. It would be incredibly hard for me. I do remember a time where it wasn't like that though, so I would be able function. Maybe invest in a rooster?

Function without the internet and cell phones?

How long could you personally go without any form of electronics? No TV, radio, video games, computers, etc.

I think the youth would crash and burn because America is breeding kids with very little survival instincts. They would cry and ask mommy to teach them how the library works.

On the other hand us older folks would find new ways to entertain ourselves and get information... once the withdrawel period ended.

Im sure generations before you said the same thing about the generations after them.:gabe:

I think the youth would crash and burn because America is breeding kids with very little survival instincts.

Yeah, they also don't know how to mill corn into flour on a big rock, shoe a horse, or operate the spark advance on a Model T Ford. How will America manage to compete on a global scale without these once valuable skills?

I did a 2 week vacation a while ago camping on an island in Canada about 5 hours north of Toronto. My friend's parents were a few islands over in a cabin that was entirely propane powered so we wouldn't die, but pretty much every day was spent swimming and cooking. I dont think the younger generation would have an appreciation for such things.

I asked because my son misplaced his cell phone and you would have thought the world was ending ahead of schedule. I have so many things charging overnight everynight that I have a surge protector just for the things I take to work. Its crazy how as time passes I spend more and more time online. I wouls say I spend 12 hours a day connected between work and home.