First Car Goodbys

Harry Bird

Im looking for some.advice on what I should do as some of you may have seen im sellong my camaro it was my frist car that I got when I was in high school so im havong kind of a hard time letting go of it so what I wanted to ask if you could have kept your frist car would you and did yall regret selling it atfer it was gone

You will cry your eyes out when it leaves, but once you get to go fast in the Firebird it will make the pain go away. ;)

I regret selling absolutely every single car I have owned (except the mustang). But sometimes you gotta move on to better things. (or so I keep telling myself through the tears)

Wanna race? Firebird Vs Firebird? :gabe:

1980 Pontiac Sunbird? I get a twinge every now and then thinking about the fun I had in that car. I bet if it was still mine it would be a rusting heap in my driveway. Probably better I sold it off while it still had a minor bit of value. Number 2 the dodge dakota I was glad to see it go. The cars I have now I will miss when they are gone.

I miss my 5.0 fox coupe more than my first car- Now that they are cheap (LT1 Formula) I am tempted to buy another just to do the things to it that I didn't know how then- but I already don't have time for the projects I have. It was not the same car it was when new with 70k miles, had its share of issues and was very hard to work on. When I totaled it from a hydroplane the insurance paid me without having to sell it and get worked over by someone- so to be fair it is different than my mustang which was almost perfect and truly badass and I had put a lot of money, blood, sweat, and tears in that car from bone stock, and I met the new owner, and there is nothing like that mustang sound... and and and... oh well

My c5 z06 I bought to replace it is amazing but I still miss that old car dearly... would I trade the z06 for a 5.0 car? Never! But I will buy another foxbody coupe again I can almost guarantee it. If I didn't have the vette I would be more upset than I am.

I miss my 1988.5 Suzuki Samurai JX. But, I hydrolocked the engine in college and couldn't afford to fix it. Plus, my wife had a Samurai when she was in high school too. Would be cool to have one again for both of us to enjoy...

Really, I have fond memories of all the cars I've had...'85 Buick Century, '89 Civic hatchback, Maxima, Corvette, 3 trucks...no regrets. But, everything has a price. :)

Im looking for some.advice on what I should do as some of you may have seen im sellong my camaro it was my frist car that I got when I was in high school so im havong kind of a hard time letting go of it so what I wanted to ask if you could have kept your frist car would you and did yall regret selling it atfer it was gone

Moving on from a Camaro is sign that you're maturing. Congrats, now that your balls have dropped you can remove the mullet from your head :lolguy:

In all honesty, I don't wish I kept my first car as it was worn out. I wish I had one just like in collectable condition though.

i owned my '87 fox for 12 years. i busted my butt working two jobs one summer to pay for it. i have a lot of good memories working to buy the car and then working on the car--it was an extremely fun/carefree time in my life. unfortunately (a learning experience) i modded it to the point it was downright uncomfortable to drive, yet slower than all my other cars. getting rid of it was a no-brainer, and i haven't looked back. i still have the memories of buying/building the car

if the car is NOT a classic/collectible, then move on to bigger/better things.