What to do in Cleveland for a few days?

Buck531

We'll be staying in Independence Saturday night. Hopefully I won't get my car jacked or shot :).

So yeah the new Melt they opened there is .7 miles (2 minutes) from where the hotel is. Awesome. :)

Lol independence is a nice city. You'll be fine.

Be careful though....cops are pricks and try to nail everyone speeding in their city

Lol independence is a nice city. You'll be fine.

Be careful though....cops are pricks and try to nail everyone speeding in their city

Independence is like a Dublin/Westerville. I have spent a lot of time there for work...you shouldn't have any issues. Seriously though, DO NOT SPEED there. They will ticket you for >5 over.

What hotel are you staying at? If it is the Holiday Inn...avoid the bar Friday night. They used to have live entertainment which attracted an interesting crowd.

-Marc

Independence is like a Dublin/Westerville. I have spent a lot of time there for work...you shouldn't have any issues. Seriously though, DO NOT SPEED there. They will ticket you for >5 over.

What hotel are you staying at? If it is the Holiday Inn...avoid the bar Friday night. They used to have live entertainment which attracted an interesting crowd.

-Marc

Embassy suites. They have a deal for a one room with 2 tickets to the RRHOF for $129. It was a place on the RRHOF website as a preferred place to stay.

Funny part was I did some searching on the place and found this.

We stayed one night at The Embassy Suites Cleveland-Rockside and the room was filthy. We would have either asked to move or go to a different hotel if it hadn't been 10 at night and we had just driven thru a snow storm.

There appeared to be caked on Jelly on the desk, the mirror over the bar sink was so dirty you could hardly see yourself - the alarm clock hadn't been cleaned in years - I would not have touched it if it was going off. There was a bar of opened soap in the shower so obviously the shower hadn't been cleaned or the staff would have noticed and thrown it away. Also, there was a spill on the floor - not a stain, that I understand but a hard, crusty area on the floor coming out from the under the chair.

When I told the person at checkout about the problem she asked if I wanted to speak to the head of housekeeping - no, thats YOUR job not mine.

I really expected SO much more of an Embassy Suite - we travel to this area of Ohio for a gymnastics meet each year - I WILL NOT be staying in this hotel again.

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Lol

All of the other reviews seemed to be pretty good. Sucks they don't have a jacuzzi tub for my fat ass to sit in though :(.

If we can get a spot at The Melt, we might just hang out there for a while and run up a tab. We'll see how the day/night goes.

Embassy suites. They have a deal for a one room with 2 tickets to the RRHOF for $129. It was a place on the RRHOF website as a preferred place to stay.

That's strange...Enbassy was my preferred hotel. I stayed there at least 35 times in a year and a half (most of those trips at that location in Independence) and had ZERO complaints. You should be fine.

-Marc

That's strange...Enbassy was my preferred hotel. I stayed there at least 35 times in a year and a half (most of those trips at that location in Independence) and had ZERO complaints. You should be fine.

-Marc

Nice.. Well I booked it today.

by the way.. who the FUCK charges for wireless? They want to charge me $13 a day to use wireless and $9 for wired. what the gay is that? :dumb:

Nice.. Well I booked it today.

by the way.. who the FUCK charges for wireless? They want to charge me $13 a day to use wireless and $9 for wired. what the gay is that? :dumb:

Sadly a lot of hotels are in an attempt to increase their revenue. I'd suggest stating that you are there on business and require a wireless connection.

-Marc

Sadly a lot of hotels are in an attempt to increase their revenue. I'd suggest stating that you are there on business and require a wireless connection.

-Marc

Heh.. "Hi, I'm here on business, but I have the rock and roll hall of fame package, I require interwebz to do my job". :gabe:

-Marc

Bwhahaha SWINGERS meets. Known old folk orgy spot, deeeeesgustingly gross cougars. Stay away unless you like old strange and dude hands on your junk.

Welp we're back (came back Sunday night). Some uppers and downers.

Uppers.. Rock and Roll HOF was pretty neat. This month it was the "women of rock". Had all kinds of crap there with women in rock. The wife and I spent probably 2 1/2-3 hours there.

Lucky's Cafe has fucking amazing food. I got the biscuits and gravy and my wife got the gingerbread waffle with other shit. The wait was a good 30-40 minutes but damn it was worth it. It probably didn't help we got there at noon right when the rush was happening.

Downers... Where we stayed at the Embassy Suites.. there was 800 fucking kids there that weekend because of a hockey tournament for little shits going on. All of them running around, throwing shit off the balcony.. just stupid annoying shit.

We couldn't check into our hotel until 4:00 because the room wasn't clean (we got there at 1.. but check-in wasn't until 3 so I wasn't too pissed).

The Melt Bar and Grilled (like said above) wasn't the greatest. Another long 30-45 minute wait. I got the Northshore which was a crab cake with spinach and some cream cheese and garlic spread. holy shit there was soooooo much salt on it I almost couldn't eat it.

They also had some benefit/fundraiser for some disease or what not that night too. There was a TON of people there. That was also too loud (up until midnight or so) with someone on the mic talking about the raffle.

All in all it wasn't too bad. If you're up in Cleveland for a day I would check out Lucky's Cafe. They have pretty damn good food (even though there might be a long wait). It's worth it. (It was also pretty f'n expensive.. $60 for the wife and I to eat there but we also got a biscuit/gravy and a few items off the pastry counter to go)

Instead of paying $12 for 3 fucking Bud Lights at the bar I ran out the local gas station and picked up a 12 of Bud Light for $11 and left of a few for the cleaning crew the following day.

Oh.. also Olegg (dude at the front desk), hooked me up with free interwebs for the day since it too so long to check us in to the room.

Glad you liked Lucky's I don't mind paying for "good food".

I don't either. I even got a biscuit and some gravy to go. I REALLY wanted to take home some of their Mac n' Cheese but I wasn't sure how it would do on the way home (reheating, etc).

Damn I wish they'd open up a larger place. My wife and I were shoulder to shoulder for a good 30 minutes. Crazy stuff.

I don't either. I even got a biscuit and some gravy to go. I REALLY wanted to take home some of their Mac n' Cheese but I wasn't sure how it would do on the way home (reheating, etc).

Damn I wish they'd open up a larger place. My wife and I were shoulder to shoulder for a good 30 minutes. Crazy stuff.

Like I said I went before it was on tv, but it was still busy. Although we got to sit outside because it was summer, much more room out there.