New car smell could kill

SLOWLX

"These chemicals can include lead, acetone and benzene that can adversely affect your liver and reproductive organs and even give you cancer."

THEORY:

IF A = Rednecks drive older, well-vented vehicles (read, no carcinogenic "new car" vapors). Yuppies drive new/leased vehicles every couple of years.

THEN B = Rednecks tend to have larger families and a higher tolerance for alcohol. :eek:

I SEE THE CORRELATION!!!

lead by definition wouldnt be a VOC since its not organic, it formes inorganic compounds. I seriously doubt there is benzene released from the plastic as well, if it is even used in the process to make the plastic used for the bumpers since its extremely hazardous and extremely regulated. I would also question a delayed release of acetone as well just due to its high volitility, I doubt it would take very long for any acetone present in the extrusion beads to diffuse out prior to even arriving at the auto plant.

I could be totally off base, but thats just my thoughts

Don't care. Really, really don't care. It's one of the greatest scents ever made by man.

This. And that 'new car spray' scent is shit.

Also, story says 'released this week', however, many studies have been conducted and this is OLD NEWS. Pretty much every major manu' has switched they way they do shit to help rid new vehicles of VOC's.

lead by definition wouldnt be a VOC since its not organic, it formes inorganic compounds. I seriously doubt there is benzene released from the plastic as well, if it is even used in the process to make the plastic used for the bumpers since its extremely hazardous and extremely regulated. I would also question a delayed release of acetone as well just due to its high volitility, I doubt it would take very long for any acetone present in the extrusion beads to diffuse out prior to even arriving at the auto plant.

I could be totally off base, but thats just my thoughts

Benzene is not used to make any of the components. No idea where they got that.

This. And that 'new car spray' scent is shit.

Also, story says 'released this week', however, many studies have been conducted and this is OLD NEWS. Pretty much every major manu' has switched they way they do shit to help rid new vehicles of VOC's.

True. New new cars don't smell quite like old new cars. But it's still a great scent.

sensationalist bullshit most likely. Its statements like that that set off my bullshit alarm

Those asswipes are trying to fuck the industry that I work in with propaganda on one of our main chemicals. Someone decided to "re-interpret" an old study and classify it as potentially cancerous. This has sent people into a panic and now we get to try and find a replacement in case they convince the rest of the yahoos that it is an issue. Shitty composites for all!!

Those asswipes are trying to fuck the industry that I work in with propaganda on one of our main chemicals. Someone decided to "re-interpret" an old study and classify it as potentially cancerous. This has sent people into a panic and now we get to try and find a replacement in case they convince the rest of the yahoos that it is an issue. Shitty composites for all!!

a simple issue of fucktards not understanding whats going setting the standards rather than deferring to the experts.

I've spent some time in the plastics dept while I was at honda. It was probably the least cancerous place i've worked so far.

"HAY GUYS DID YOU KNOW THAT 100% OF PEOPLE WHO ARE BORN DIE? LIVING HAS BEEN PROVEN TO BE THE WORLD'S LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH!!!!!!!!"

OH KNOW WHAT SHOULD WE DOOOOOOOO?

"Why, you should visit my website and buy my product or service that allegedly solves this issue good sir!"

This has been a presentation of "the basis for every scientific study ever" foundation. Please continue whipping yourself into hysterics over nothing, our jobs rely on it.