What exhaust for Audi? Jones et al, get in here.

Dr. Pomade

• 2 weeks later...

Been doing some research and came across this thread, which contains a lot of good information on exhausts for the S5. I'm posting this here mostly so that I know where to find it when I need to check it out again.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/s5-performance-mods/19285-exhausts-apr-stasis-awe.html

From what I gathered from that thread, the AWE Touring is probably what would suit me best: sounds good (there's a vid on page 3 of that thread, I think), but, perhaps more importantly, no to little drone. Since my S5 will be daily driven, I'm concerned about drone in lower RPMs.

From what I gathered from that thread, the AWE Touring is probably what would suit me best: sounds good (there's a vid on page 3 of that thread, I think), but, perhaps more importantly, no to little drone. Since my S5 will be daily driven, I'm concerned about drone in lower RPMs.

Yep, AWE exhausts are amazing. You will love it.

Been doing some research and came across this thread, which contains a lot of good information on exhausts for the S5. I'm posting this here mostly so that I know where to find it when I need to check it out again.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/s5-performance-mods/19285-exhausts-apr-stasis-awe.html

Get the AWE Touring edition, sounds excellent with no drone, and will still scare the crap out of grandma when needed.

:masturboy:

I think I also read that the AWE exhausts do not void the warranty? Can anyone confirm this?

There really is no such thing. Sans gutting cats, 99.9999% of dealers could care less about exhaust. MAG does quite a few exhaust installs on any given month, and are pretty mod friendly in my experience. There really is no grounds to void your power train warranty for a simple catback. Intakes tend to raise red flags, but they are worthless on just about any Audi.

Get Awe Touring, sit back and listen to that sweeeeeet music.

:masturboy:

There really is no such thing. Sans gutting cats, 99.9999% of dealers could care less about exhaust. MAG does quite a few exhaust installs on any given month, and are pretty mod friendly in my experience. There really is no grounds to void your power train warranty for a simple catback. Intakes tend to raise red flags, but they are worthless on just about any Audi.

Get Awe Touring, sit back and listen to that sweeeeeet music.

LOL, I almost said in my post, "Like Jones said, the AWE Touring is the way to go."

yup, my dad had an AWE catback on his b6 s4 and serviced it at Byers and never had any issues, other than everyone telling him his car sounded amazing.

Enjoy.

And that's great to hear about dealerships not really making a fuss about catbacks. The last thing I want to do is void the warranty on an Audi.

P.P.S.

Here's what I'm thinking in terms of lowering the car:

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/s5-performance-mods/12913-h-r-oe-sport.html

Feel free to comment (though I'm posting here mostly just to consolidate all this info into one thread that I can return to later).

I'd suggest going full coilovers, but thats just me. You have a nice, high dollar car, you are looking at high dollar wheels and exhausts aren't cheap for these cars. Going for springs would not be my advice.

Find a nice set of coilovers and enjoy, imo.

PS, those wheels are sweet. What color is your S5?

I'd suggest going full coilovers, but thats just me. You have a nice, high dollar car, you are looking at high dollar wheels and exhausts aren't cheap for these cars. Going for springs would not be my advice.

Find a nice set of coilovers and enjoy, imo.

PS, those wheels are sweet. What color is your S5?

I probably misrepresented myself a bit with that post. What I should have said is that I'd like to lower the car. Admittedly, I don't know much about springs or coilovers, but from the sounds of it the coilovers are considered the better way to go. I wouldn't hesitate to spend additional money on coilovers if they are the better product and better for my car.

My S5 is ibis white.

I probably misrepresented myself a bit with that post. What I should have said is that I'd like to lower the car. Admittedly, I don't know much about springs or coilovers, but from the sounds of it the coilovers are considered the better way to go. I wouldn't hesitate to spend additional money on coilovers if they are the better product and better for my car.

My S5 is ibis white.

Sweet, Ibis is awesome!

Coilovers will be the way to go. They are fully height adjustable, so you can fine tune the ride height to your taste, and even raise/lower for winter/spring if you wish. Some are dampening adjustable, which is nice if you want a smooth ride daily, and turn a dial for some canyon carving, etc.

The good thing about the coilovers is the springs and shocks/struts are usually made to go together, instead of buying springs and shocks separately.

I know jones and I both love our Bilstein PSS10s.

Sweet, Ibis is awesome!

Coilovers will be the way to go. They are fully height adjustable, so you can fine tune the ride height to your taste, and even raise/lower for winter/spring if you wish. Some are dampening adjustable, which is nice if you want a smooth ride daily, and turn a dial for some canyon carving, etc.

The good thing about the coilovers is the springs and shocks/struts are usually made to go together, instead of buying springs and shocks separately.

I know jones and I both love our Bilstein PSS10s.

Thanks - yeah, I've always loved the ibis white. I briefly considered going with glacier white, but ultimately stayed with ibis.

And thanks for the information on the coilovers. All of what you've said completely sells me on them.